Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
BNewman
Jogger

according to the comments this suggestion has been around a very long time. This seems like a basic feature. 

1PoeticKat
First Steps

I would love to be able to access a group in my app. Why is it not accessible? 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Would love the ability to connect with my custom group of friends on my phone. Not everyone wants to be in a public group. The private groups are great! 

1PoeticKat
First Steps
I want to talk to my private group within my application.
Janet-J
First Steps
Yes! My entire work group ( about 60 people ) would be using this right now if it was available on BOTH the web and apps. Not having this is holding back a major wave of new users, but maybe Fitbit doesn’t want them?

Janet
VLC2
First Steps

I, too, am in a private group that I cannot see in the Fitbit app in my iOS phone. This is a major problem when I want to challenge and be challenged by my fellow group members. Can someone please tell me when this functionality will be available for the iPhone?

debbey
Base Runner

When will this decision be made? Also, would it be listed like the "Injuries" group, so others can easily find it?! We're anxious to be able to have a place of our own! Looking forward to hearing back & to the day we have our own group where we belong!!

Thank you, 

Debbey 

Bgoverman
Recovery Runner

The knuckleheads from fitbit couldn’t code an open source sandwich if their livelihoods depended on it. Bottom line: don’t hold your breath.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

debbey
Base Runner

It's HARD to be patient when it's been YEARS since people have been requesting a Chronic Group!! We're not all going to still be able to move, or possibly even on this planet if Fitbit doesn't really do this. I don't see why it's so different from all the other groups, many of them are quite similar. WHY DO PEOPLE IN OUR CONDITIONS ALWAYS HAVE TO WAIT, GET SHOVED ASIDE SO MANY TIMES IN OUR LIVES?!! Please Fitbit, giving us this group is way more meaningful than you could ever imagine!!

Thank you,      Debbey 

Angeleyez519
First Steps

Definitely voting for this! I never look at my website dashboard. I’d like to be able to view my groups from the App!

CassWalden
First Steps

I have a private group with co-workers; but I cant view progress on my app.  Would love to be able to access it through the app and not just on the computer

ditcheys
First Steps

This stinks!  A friend and I are looking for a communication tool to privately share our daily activity and progress to hold each other accountable. Guess we’ll have to find another app since it’s been a year since this was originally posted and Fitbit still hasn’t implemented a solution. 

HillB2
Recovery Runner

I would love to see it custom groups on the app. It's such a pain to give us the ability but not allow us to use it easily. I feel that most people use the app primarily.

@PTI wrote:

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

FranklinRizzo
First Steps

Hope you soon add this feature

AReynolds
First Steps

Please... I, like all the others on this topic, do not understand why private groups cannot be viewed on the mobile app.  Please make this happen Fitbit!

kmeintzer
First Steps

It would be great if group members could access the Fitbit group on their mobile device instead of having to log in on a computer. We are working on organizing corporate fitness challenges, which would promote Fitbit for free. Unfortunately our company is too small to fully utilize your corporate wellness program.

Thanks,

Karen

AprilzFlowerz
First Steps

there needs to be a way to be able to create, search and monitor personal groups via the community through the app, and not just through the dashboard.  Many people use the app more than the dashboard, so there needs to be a way to view, and monitor personal groups that are created, and not just the groups that are available to all.

I created a group to be able to support and encourage friends on my list, but the group cant be viewed on the app, only thru the dashboard. That makes it difficult to utilize. 😞

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that two of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

KGadway
Stepping Up

Hi @YojanaFitbit I am confused as I have only made one suggestion and that was in regards to the Goal and being able to change it moving forward. I saw that you did include that on one that had already been suggested which is fine, I just am not sure where the rest of it came from? Also not sure what the "Unique Suggestion" was 🙂 

Janet-J
First Steps

Goodness, I agree with the submitter ... the original request was simply to allow created custom groups to be available on our phones ( as a mobile app!!)

this request assumes that we can 

DownInDenver
First Steps

yes, please allow groups I create to show up on the app

Mmarocch
First Steps

Being able to see groups users add on the app would be more useful and helpful . This has been under consideration for sometime FITBIT COMMUNITY.  It's time to act and put this into motion for your fitbit users!! 

Hyperbolic
Jogger

Has any progress been made on this? I have started a public group for our family and friends, but it is near to impossible for those who do not use an iPad or laptop computer to join the group. Considering this has been an ongoing discussion/request since 2014, one would think this could have been implemented by now since there appears to be no problem with the groups fitbit creates for their own promotions.

turnschober
First Steps

Please implement this. This is a basic feature.

howardshen
First Steps

I purchased FitBits for my extended family so that we can be in a custom community.  Please make this feature available on the mobile app.  I don't care to join random FitBit-suggested communities.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.