Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
Bri2006
Jogger

Please add this feature to the app. More often people are active in these groups via mobile devices!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add private groups access to Fitbit apps!  Come on...what's taking so long?!?!

Blackcatt19
Stepping Up

I really don't get how this isn't a thing. I thought cheering each other on and losing weight together would be easy, but I can only actually communicate with strangers on my feed, not my friends. Kinda stupid. I'd love to see the private groups appear in the community tab to correct this massive oversight.

MatthewG99
First Steps

You can already see the public groups you’re in on the app, but for some reason we can’t see our custom groups that we have created on the web.

Public groups are cool and that but we all really want to see who’s winning out of of friendship group that we’ve created but can’t view in the app so it’s really awkward to go online and view it

JulianMcCr
First Steps

I would be nice if I can add my own custom group to my community tab on the

mobile app. This way, all of us doing the same program can discuss our own journey and encourage each other.

TaylorStrong
First Steps

This suggestion started being made over 4 yrs ago. I’m in FB groups where we have created a public group, but it won’t show on our phone app. Per posts this isn’t a problem for Garmin users who did the same. Time to step it up... no pun intended lol If I didn’t have a Fitbit & was buying to be a part of my FB group activities this would be an easy sale for Garmin... not okay.

Motherspride
First Steps

Please can we have Private Fitbit Groups you have Joined appear in the app even if only looking limited to 5 Groups this would help so much.

lexi83
Tempo Runner

Currently you’re only able to access the community activity groups through using safari/explorer etc. 

I don’t know if the Fitbit app is different in other countries but certainly in the UK you are unable to access the community activity groups through the Fitbit app.

the only thing in community on the uk Fitbit app are groups that people can upload photos and posts about your progress or inspiration quotes or tips etc. 

Like in challenge on the Fitbit app i would like to see a public group you can join with out the person having to be your friend where you see people’s steps. Seeing others step etc only encourage you to push hard and help you achieve your goals. 

Its so overdue something like this in the fitbit app. Pacer app has this option so would like to have this in the Fitbit app!

Cazzy6208
First Steps

Another vote for this-i only really use the app & have a very on-the-go lifestyle so to have to remember to use the website to view the custom groups is a real pain. I'd much rather see my "real life" friend groups in the app than the generic ones! 

Can't believe this hasn't been done already!

Superkatchick
First Steps

Really disappointed that I can't see my groups via the app! I almost exclusively use the app and only check out my dashboard on the website when I absolutely have to! Please add this feature, I can't imagine it's too hard to integrate!!!

lexi83
Tempo Runner

People need to vote for it.  Clearly it’s way overdue. Please vote and leave comments. 

Ozlemoz
Jogger

This would make group challanges do much easier. Please consider that

BrainWaveCC
Base Runner

At this point, I think I have commented on, and linked to, every variation of this request that I've seen on the Fitbit forums. I don't know what more it will take to get the product management team to recognize how important this is to us, given how many years is request has been floating around on the forums.

Maybe we're just the dumb ones who keep buying a product that doesn't do what we need, or request, regardless of how basic it is.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

We’ve been ask g for this for YEARS. What’s causing the delay? It’s a total bummer not to be able to access our groups from the app. I’m into fitness, so notifications and encouragement while I’m out being active are always going to be far more meaningful to sitting down at the computer and navigating the website. 

Jadelyn
First Steps

What's the point of having a social tab in the app, if the only social groups you can see are the big pre-made groups that might or might not even be relevant to you?  The whole point of Fitbit, I thought, was as an on-the-go thing; tying your ability to actually interact with your local friends/coworkers/family/etc to needing to sit down in front of an actual computer to do so seems completely counterintuitive.

rmurphy12
First Steps

PALEASEEEE!!! This would be super convenient to be able to see your groups from the app. I had to create a facebook page so our group could better communicate. Let's get some votes on this topic!!!

Majella
Jogger

This has been requested for at LEAST three years, ridiculous that it hasn't been implemented yet. Some people don't even use a desktop anymore, everything is done via their mobile!! 

jodycb
First Steps

Please do this. The giant groups of random people are ok but I find it more effective to have the support of a small group of people that actually know me in meeting my goals. 

It's kind of frustrating to be able to set up a group, and then go to the groups tab on the fitbit app and not see my group, but only see all these groups with a million people in them that I don't want to join. 

BrainWaveCC
Base Runner

Well, @Majella, the first post in this particular thread is from March 2014...

So we are solidly into 4 years of requesting that has yet to bear fruit...

(I know, I know... "at least" )

Janet-J
First Steps

Honestly, this feature is key for our group members.   In order to use it, we need to make it available.   So, we'd want them to be able to use created groups with their phone apps and also be available via web.  Once that's available, this will be a wonderful tool.

Majella
Jogger

@BrainWaveCC I hear ya!! It's so frustrating!!

Ozlemoz
Jogger
Honestly, every week I see more comments/ requests but still nothing. I
don't think this will happen near future!
Possumqueen90
Jogger

Any update on this?

Helderxmx
Jogger

Hi,

I believe it makes sense - as it should be a basic thing. I can't believe how this still is not available...

CapSkinFan
First Steps

I really don't understand why this isn't being worked. The request is 4 years old, and a community will really help the users and drive engagement. More people are becoming exclusively mobile users. Do this now!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.