Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
Jenums
First Steps

I agree. There needs to be a place in the app to do the community forum!

suzysellzbagz
First Steps

I am the Wellness Coordinator for a large state government office and we'd like to do challenges, but unless someone at work is already my friend, I cannot challenge them. I don't see where to challenge people from within the group we've created either. Is there something I'm missing? You should be able to create a challenge and name it and then invite others by sharing the link or name of the challenge.

tonster76
Stepping Up

I was just thinking the same thing and almost posted it until I saw this first!

JamieLT
First Steps

I agree.  I don't have many Fitbit friends and I hate having to sign inonline to see what my groups are doing.  If I'm being competitive I want to see all my competition.  Not just a few of them.

CarolinaW
First Steps

Definitely need to be able to see groups in the App!

c6rlf
Jogger

This would be awesome... I love the Activity Groups but it is a shame I have to power up my laptop to be able to see progress... It would be really motivational to see these updates under the challenges tab on the app!

Shayyylakae
First Steps
I currently have to use the computer and go to fitbit.com to create and communicate within my group. A lot of people don't know about the group option or choose not too because it takes more effort to get on the computer. It would be worth wild to add groups into the app, for easy access. Myself and my fitbit friends are crossing our fingers for it to come to the app!
soflmom13
First Steps

Yes, please create an update to let us access the community groups on the fitbit app and challenge people that we are in a group with.  This is much easier than having to log online to check statuses.  It would make it a lot easier to interact with eachother if we could do so on the app.  Thanks for the consideration!

jyssilly
Jogger

It would be great to be able to have challenges amongst the people in a group so as to not have to actually friend everyone just to have that functionality.

Additionally, would love to have challenges that could have more than 10 people or at least for challenges to be linked so when it's full, a new one automatically starts with the same group of people invited.

When managing groups, it would be great if the entry of the names did not have to be a comma-delimited list to invite people.  When copy/pasting out of MSexcel, it's a carriage return delimited list, which should work too!

kmacgeo
First Steps

I agree, you should be able to view private group challenges on your phone app! I would like to see this change as well

beachJess
Jogger

Thats a great idea, i was just thinking the same thing...I hope they do it.

Or At least put the group progress on the dashboard 🙂

o2b4ft11
First Steps

It seems this has been suggested before but I've noticed that the activity groups that I can join get very little interaction among members. I think a big reason for this is because you can't access them from the app.  I don't want to log in from my computer all the time to find ways to interact with people.  Can this feature be added to the app?

sabledrakon
Jogger

How long is it going to get groups implimented into the Mobile apps. It'd make them a little bit more useful since it's just an extension of what Friends is anyway.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@MrsTGrin Hey! That's a great idea and honestly I would love to being able to see my groups in the app. I'll send your request to my team and thank you for participating in the Feature Request board! 

EmKW
First Steps
I would like to see, rather than always being against friends, the opportunity to do a group challenge (eg walking the length of the Nile in 7 days) by totalling all participants steps in the set amount of time. This way it will make people be encouraging as well as competitive?
fruitchamp
First Steps

I agree with the original poster's idea - I was trying to find a "Group vs Group" challenge feature, where cumulative steps of one group would be measured against cumulative steps of another group within the day, weekend, or work week. I think some people are more motivated when they are part of a team rather than feel alone in the challenge.

tsank
Jogger

Would like to be able to make permanent groups for challenges.  For example: A work based challenge for fellow employees.  This would require going over the current limit.

Would also love to see the ability to customize challenge specific goals: Such as floors or miles or something other than the steps that you already track.

Thanks

JanneBarnes
First Steps
I'd also love this added to the app so that we track groups on the go!
bizzlerun
Jogger

In short, you need a better challenge to get the community to be more engaging.

More people to invite?

Strangers to invite?

People in your area?

Instead of 10 people per challenge, why not double?  If this bogs your server, how abourt at least 15?

Different competitions perhaps?  

*battle of the sexes perhaps (aka group challenge)?

*family vs family or friends vs friends as a group?  (i have 2 sets of family that have fibits, be cool to see a family / friend competition)

*just runners

*just cyclist

*just crossfit (gym nutts)

you get the idea

you get the idea. 

Guy_M
Recovery Runner

I suggest allowing Group admins to set Group Challenges.
(This is a follow-up from https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/How-can-Challenges-be-set-up-for-Groups/m-p/110...

Moderator edit: added labels

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Guy_M
Recovery Runner
nate-janine
First Steps

Yes that is a fantastic idea. I too lead groups and challenges and am rarely on the website. The app is extremely convenient so to be able to access the groups there would be a god send.

FarrinFit
Jogger

We are changing to Fitbit because with thought admins could do challenges!  Please, please allow challenges.  That is the whole point!

Hopps
First Steps

I was actually shocked to find this missing on the app. Seems like such an obvious thing to have.

Fitbit,is this on the roadmap yet?

mamakateruns
First Steps

I'd love to see groups added to the app, too! We've created a group for our school community (parents and students alike) to stay accountable and engage in a little friendly competition. We'd get much more use out of the group if we could use it through the app rather than through the full website. Thanks for considering this! Happy stepping 🙂

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.