Create a Fitbit device suitable for teens

A tracking device which is suitable for teens, with a more "mature" and cool look and feel than the ACE 3 (currently the only option to connect to a Family account). Features: Step counting, Active minutes, Sleep, Text receiving/sending and Music.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @teenmom, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about creating a tracker for teenagers. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

charleskn
Distance Runner

Why would Ftbit not allow any tracker to be connected to a family account?

ToriTorellini
First Steps
Because Fitbit has issues maintaining Ace devices for adults, there is a missing device in their lineup that has only basic features.

These fun-only devices could be marketed as a “teen” device with the goal of preventing health anxiety disorders.

Possible features:
Step counting
Active minutes
Sleep
Text receiving/sending
Music
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ToriTorellini, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a tracker for teenagers. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

KLSLambda
First Steps
I have children that are too old for Ace but not do not have email addresses to have their own accounts. I would like my older girls to have access to cycle tracking, which is not available on Ace. I would like them to be able to track their training for cross country and track that I don't think they can do on Ace.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KLSLambda, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about creating a Fitbit device for tweens and teens that can be set up in A Family account with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.