Customize Quick Add Water Sizes

Please make the water sizes customizable.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

376 Comments
Skyecaitlin88
First Steps

Yes!! PLEASE!! One bottle of water is 16.9oz, not 16oz!!

gvanzant1
Runner

Over 1,150 Up votes over 3 years and still nothing.  It seems a simple intermediate solution is to use different presets.  In the U.S., all 3 presets are multiples of 8 (8, 16, and 24 oz).  My Nalgene is 32 oz so that's easy - I hit 16 oz twice.  However, other common sizes are 12 oz and 20 oz.  It would be nice for Fitbit to use 8, 12, and 20 ounce presets.  For metric, Fitbit could change the presets to more common ones. Like I said, this would be good until user-defined presets could be added. 

BTW, I am speaking about the iOS app.  I have a Charge 2 and do not plan to buy a Fitbit smartwatch just to have this feature.  The app should be able to handle this.

BobM2
Hill Runner
Fitbit has made it clear they have no intention of implementing this, or other, features that customers want.
XRavishX
First Steps

Well, this stinks. I just started using a Charge 2 today and one of the first things I decide to do to supplement my activity is to input the amount of water I drink. I see the quick add amounts notice that the 24oz option is only shy by an oz of my water bottle. So, logically thinking, I want to change the quick add amounts. After all, we're all individuals and as individuals with different wants and expectations, I figured I could change the quick add amounts. Fitbit wouldn't possibly tell me in any indirect way that it's their way or the highway, right?

I was wrong about that. Fitbit obviously wants you to do it their way or go the slow route of adding a custom amount of water. Who would possibly think it's a good idea to give us the ability to custom input the amount of water we drink, but hard set the quick add buttons? Wouldn't it be logical and reasonable to have both inputs customizable? If, out of however many thousands of people, someone decides that one of those three baked-in options is not right for them, especially on a regular basis, then why wouldn't they think, "let me change the quick add amount?" As it is right now, it's a option that takes up space. It'd be faster just to not have the quick amounts and instead replace that whole screen space with a text input box so we can more quickly add a specific amount without having to go to another screen. Either that or actually allow customizing of the buttons.

I know, it's been three or four years since this feature was requested with no sign that it'll actually happen, so this is probably falling on deaf ears. Oh, well.

pelicanesis
Stepping Up
GREAT NEWS!

You sound like you are still within the time limit to RETURN YOUR FITBIT and GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

Have you thought of entering your meals in the app? Maybe using the handy “scanner” on the UPC code for what you’re eating to track calories?

If you like the water input you will LOVE this:

Fitbit doesn’t create the database or even monitor it. So, if you have a product that’s not in the database the fine folks at Fitbit have the CUSTOMERS enter the info.

Fine, kinda like Wikipedia, right?

WRONG!!!

Because if somebody makes a mistake, like saying that that can of soup has 100 calories per gram instead of 100 calories per cup, well that entry is PERMANENT, NO CHANGES FOREVER AND EVER. If you scan the UPC you’ll have a 50,000 calorie bowl of soup.

So enjoy MANUALLY entering all your calories because just like the water, Fitbit ain’t interested because they don’t predict any $$$ from keeping customers happy with the app. It’s all about selling hardware, the app can rot.

SOLUTION: RETURN THAT CHARGE 2 AND GET A REFUND.

I’m too late. Hoping my Charge-2 lasts until October when the new Apple Watches arrive.

Then it’s sayonara Fitbit. Forever and ever no changes.

Sold my stock, too. Screw ‘em.
kruppe
First Steps

Customizable sizes would be much more convenient.  Or even if you had defaults that did not divide equally into each other.  

For example, I have choice between 8oz, 16oz, and 24oz.  But my glass is 12oz.  If you had 4oz, 8oz, 10oz this would be manageable.  I could hit 8oz twice if I wanted 16oz, or 3 times for 24oz.   The quick add is quick enough that it's not a big deal to hit the button twice.

But if I want to add just 12 ounces then I have to go through a multiple click menu and a form field to enter the custom amount, every time I record a drink.  Or I need to buy new cups that conform to the sizing to save time.  Or I just skip the recording and don't get to benefit from the app's feature at all.

Wrat9000
First Steps

I want editable quick add sizes. 

BobM2
Hill Runner
You and everyone else. But our wishes don't matter to Fitbit at all.
pelicanesis
Stepping Up
Fitbit thinks there is no need to listen to their customers on subjects like this one.

Fitbit is WRONG: https://apple.news/A6lu3SjxkSf-Gr_YkSOtPuw
ryanmckeen
First Steps

Please this. My water bottle is 20ounces. And I am fat. And have to drink a lot of water. 

pelicanesis
Stepping Up
Dear RyanMcKeen,

There is a VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION to your problem.

First, go to your app on your mobile device and press the “Account” logo in the upper right corner (it looks like a rectangle with a circle and 3 horizontal lines in it, kind of looks like a driver’s license maybe). Scroll down almost to the bottom and press “Advanced Settings”. Then select “Units”. Scroll down and under the “Water” heading you can place a check mark next to “Milliliters (ml).

Then navigate back to your dashboard and go into the area where you enter water. You will see options for 1 glass (250ml), 1 bottle (500ml), and 1 lg bottle (750ml).

Of course, none of these exactly match your bottle, which holds 20 ounces or 591.5 ml. But the option for "1 glass (250ml)" equates to 8.5 ounces.

THIS FACT IS THE KEY TO THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM.

All you have to do is hold off drinking until you are VERY thirsty, then all at one time drink 17 of your 20 ounce bottles, which will add up to 340 ounces (2 ⅔ US Gallons).

Then, all you have to do is hit the icon for "1 glass (250ml)” 40 times, which will bring the total on your dashboard to 340 ounces.

Voila! Eureka! Problem Solved!

Waiting until you are desperately thirsty for 2 ⅔ gallons of water may be inconvenient for you, and FitBit truly apologizes, but you see changing anything about the mobile app is inconvenient for FitBit, and since FitBit doesn’t make a lot of money from the app, FitBit could care less about any inconveniences you may suffer. Certainly not enough to spend the pittance it would take to change the default water amounts, despite years of complaining by dozens of users.

Which brings us to the bottom line. You want to be a good FitBitter, don’t you? Then please, go out and buy more FitBit watches and monitors, because THOSE THINGS do make money for FitBit.

I sincerely hope this makes you feel better.
SFBayJT
First Steps

I signed up for an account just to follow along. This is a mesmerizing story.

Company asks for feedback.

Customers provide feedback.

Company ignores feedback.

Since I'm pretty sure no one from FitBit is reading this.....I'd like to see customizable 'quick add water' sizes added to the app.

SamanthaShew
First Steps

I would love if the quick add sizes could be changed. The pre-set value for 1 bottle is 16 oz whereas the bottle I use is 18 oz.

pelicanesis
Stepping Up
SamanthaShew,

Have no fear, the answer is SIMPLE. Before you start drinking from your 18 ounce bottle, just close your eyes and solemnly pour a two-ounce shot on the ground, while whispering “Rest In Peace, Brother” and meditating about Tupac Shakur.

Then log your bottle as 16 ounces, quit complaining, and assimilate into the FitBit drone colony.

This is NOT a waste of water, it will help you achieve mindfulness, calm and contentment.

On the other hand, expecting FitBit to do ANYTHING to fix this issue is a pointless source of stress; FitBit will NEVER do it (despite years of requests by dozens of users) because there is simply no money in it for them. The app has basically been written off by the developers, all they are interested in nowadays is designing more watches.

I do hope this helps.

- Pelicanesis
Mudflap
First Steps
Yeah...I took a hacksaw and cut a couple oz off the bottom of my water bottle to make it match the app. Now it won’t hold water any more....😖

Sent from my iPhone
SamanthaShew
First Steps
Good call... Rip Tupac...
SamanthaShew
First Steps
Ohh... Thanks for the heads up... I'll cut the 2 oz off the top of mine
instead
Calathea77
Tempo Runner

I spent a while hunting for this request, and nope, they're not doing a thing, are they. I've entered a month of total water intake per day, but I can't see that it's analysing the data in any interesting way, so there's no point in continuing. I have a wee app on my phone which is far more usable, though unconnected to my other data. 

I'm not surprised. Look at the fiasco with the menstrual tracker tile. They've taken four years to cough it up, and it is so bad it's unusable. 

Arielnoelt
First Steps

Would be a lot easier to keep track of our water intake if we could customize the bottle sizes.  Like it is now some of the bottles we have we have to go in and figure how much we intake and enter it because they are not the sizes you have listed.

Moderator Edition: Labels

Moonripples
First Steps
Hello! I have the fitbit flex. When I track my water intake, there aren't enough choices of amounts. I sometimes drink many different amounts. I have water bottles that hold 27 oz.
Another water tracker that I have used has theses.
Embedded
Embedded
Please convey to whomever can address the issue.
FootballTurtle
First Steps

This original thread is 3 years old and most of us would still love to see the quick add water size be customizable. 

BobM2
Hill Runner
And Fitbit has made it clear they don't care what we want, unless they can monetize it.
Moonripples
First Steps
I would also like to be able to look at past days and be able to see how
many miles I've walked. 10,000, 20,000 steps means nothing to me in terms
of measurement.
LadyJennivieve
First Steps
You can. There is a distance tab on the Fitbit app.
Gwenbert0104
First Steps

I love the quick ad water feature.  However, my water bottle holds 30 oz and I would like to be able to customize the water icons or at the very least have a smaller option so I can press that repeatedly to track my 30 oz container.

Thanks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.