Customize Quick Add Water Sizes

Please make the water sizes customizable.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

376 Comments
pelicanesis
Stepping Up

I'd like to thank FitBit for their handling of this issue with the water bottle sizes.  FitBit's complete disregard for their users, shown by ignoring years of requests for a very simple change, and FitBit's suggestion that I sync with MyFitnessPal, well that led me directly to the Garmin Fenix 5 Smartwatch.  I was proud to spend over $500 for a product that doesn't belong to FitBit and as a bonus, I have something on my wrist that functions, is customizable for what I want to do (not what FitBit wants me to do) and looks like something an adult would wear, rather than the silly designs FitBit is known for.  I urge everybody who is frustrated with FitBit to vote with your wrist.  Ditch FitBit, if customer service is something you value at all.  Change my status on this forum from "First Steps" to "Last Steps" and also, FitBit, you have receive your last penny from me.  Your whole company can go burn.

Mange_J
Base Runner

Can´t thumbs up @pelicanesis post but he has it, big thumbs up. This is what fitbit has coming. You guys need to act... yesterday, no skip that, yesteryear. 

Kmaroo
First Steps

I’d like to be able to customize the water Quick Add buttons. The water bottle I have is 20oz, and it would be really nice to not have to manually type out and add every time, but instead click a button to add what is a most commonly used oz size for me. 

rauf_glm
First Steps

Hi,

I've purchased my Fitbit 2 days ago, and the first thing that I tried to do is to edit the size of water intake through "Quick Add for Today". I wanted to add 330ml. It would be a great idea to add this edit option for the "Quick Add" function.

Thank you!!!

arminius24
First Steps

I am stunned that after three years since the first time this pretty elementary feature was requested, it still has not been implemented.

What is the use of having a quick add feature for your water intake when it is the wrong measurement? 

You've already implemented the same type of feature in your stride length.

BobM2
Hill Runner
I am stunned that after three years since the first time this pretty elementary feature was requested, it still has not been implemented.

Fitbit makes changes when they can monetize them. If you buy a new Ionic or Versa you can get this feature. But only if you give Fitbit more of your money.

squigglybee
First Steps
I have a Versa and I can’t change the water size.

Sent from my iPhone
BobM2
Hill Runner
I believe there is a third party app that can be installed on the smartwatches to do this.
eyeoniq
First Steps

I would also love to change the quick add values in the Fitbit app for the water intake. I have a 20oz bottle that I've found both quick and encouraging to drink at work. My job can be fast paced sometimes and I drink at least 6 of these each day so it would be nice to click a button to add instead of a 3 screen typing process.

Rihan07
Jogger

This post is years old, and we still don't have customization options for the quick add button. Why? My water bottle is 18 fl oz. I can already tell you that after a couple of days, I will give up on adding water, because it's so inconvenient. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I know. I posted this ages ago. I have given up on adding water and also totally giving up on Fitbit too. It's **ahem**! I will be moving to something else as Fitbit seriously don't care about their customers and what they want. It is surely a quick fix to add something so simple!
Ascheele07
First Steps

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Please make the water sizes customizable.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

It would be fantastic if this could be resolved. Suggestions dating back to 2014 for such a simple request?!?! Please make this fix ASAP

becksy4
First Steps

I agree! It would be great if there were customizable water inputs to enhance efficiency. When in the kitchen I drink from a 12 oz glass, and during the day I drink from a 32 oz hydro flask (neither are size options in the app!). I’d like to finally utilize those water buttons 😃 

Status changed to: Released
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released with Fitbit OS 3.0 for Fitbit watches. You can find out more here. @SunsetRunner, as you've submitted a high quality suggestion, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community. Please enjoy the new feature!

Also, this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. Now you can add customizable water amounts directly onto your Fitbit Ionic. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available.

Thanks for your participation in the Fitbit forums! Smiley Very Happy

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Well that's just great isn't it?! Focus on just the watch! What about the other Fitbit devices?? I was the originator of this post and I have a Flex! It has been going on for so long, I am fed up with Fitbit and I WILL be moving on to something that is better and to a product by a company that cares about all of it's users rather than pushing away users of the smaller products like the Flex!

Absolutely pathetic by Fitbit!!
PATRICKSALOIS
First Steps
And how hard could it be to satisfy Flex and Alta users by simply slightly modifying the app....

Sent from my mobile
becksy4
First Steps
Hello,

Thank you so much for the response! It’s super nice to know that Fitbit cares about its consumers—I really like this suggestion page! Any chance the Fitbit App for other users can be updated to customize quick add-water sizes? I have had my Fitbit Flex since 2014 and it would be nice to have this feature for my device as well.

Thanks!

Rebecca
Mange_J
Base Runner

Well the information is hard to find, can´t really find that you can change the water size, just THAT you can add water from your wrist. And that only on Versa and Ionic.

Question, is it the same volumes as before? Still no customizable volumes?

tjc800
Jogger
I know this is not what everyone has actually been asking for. I have the Ionic and this "solution" is still pretty clunky to use. Nothing changed in the Fitbit app. Other 3rd party apps are useless on the Ionic itself.

A somewhat satisfying solution that I found is one of the compatible apps--Waterlogged. I keep it next to my Fitbit app on my iPhone. I've been able to set up numerous quick pick volumes with pictures of my choosing and it syncs seamlessly with Fitbit. I simply enter all water in this app as I do food in Lose It!

Don't hold your breath for the solution you asked for.
BobM2
Hill Runner
Fitbit has made it clear they have no intention of updating the app to include this. If you want the feature, you need to give Fitbit more of your money and buy a smartwatch. That's why I'm no longer using a :Fitbit.
Rihan07
Jogger

I can confirm the feature is just the same thing we have on the app and website - manually enter the oz. It still isn't what was asked for.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I totally agree, and that is why I will be moving on from Fitbit and getting something else. Just shows that Fitbit don't give a toss about their customers!
Doodlegame
Jogger
I don't think they care too much about new requests. They seem to care
about bringing out new products that you have to buy rather than them
spending money on improving user experience
Lissjenta91
Jogger

Id like to be able to set the cup and bottle size to the ones i have, mine isnt the «standard» size and i need to log manually instead and that means im not very good at doing that and stop, all it would take is a option to set the cup and bottle size and it would make it a lot easier 

Mindorra
Recovery Runner

First up, yes, I have seen that there was previously a similar thread which has now been closed, locked and considered 'resolved' because for some users there is now a third party plugin that let's them achieve this on their watches.
For the rest of us - who use the app and not our devices to log our water intake - it's definitely still not been addressed. I have a 400ml mug and a 1L water bottle and it's a (completely unnecessary imo) limitation that I have to add these manually (or do some random jiggery-pokery) when allowing me / us to amend the default quick adds to what we want would allow us the convenience the quick add feature was no doubt originally intended to provide us.
Having now 'fixed' this for one proportion of the community I very much hope you're looking at extending this to the rest of us.
Thanks,

Claire

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.