Customize Quick Add Water Sizes

Please make the water sizes customizable.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

376 Comments
lillielil
Recovery Runner

Yes! I would love to be able to quick add my 21-oz Hydro Flask. The slider is very fidgety.

Dawn2
Jogger
Hi 🙂

I think it would be great to be able to customise the amount of the water on the glass and bottle icons to quickly add in the app 🙂 Please vote x 🙂
lillielil
Recovery Runner

I will up-vote this suggestion every time I hear it. PLEASE make this happen. 

Dawn2
Jogger
Thank you 🙂 please everyone vote x you know you want it to be added x
RunningLover
First Steps
I always use the same 600-650ml glass bottle (from takeya). I would like to be able to click an icon on the homescreen (iOS) to ad a standardized amount of water. If I'm gonna ad this now it takes at least five actions instead of one. Please implement this or am at least the possibility to change the standardized amounts so I don't have to use the scroller. Let's face it, if it's not easy enough, I'm bot going to start using it but look for another option for logging water intake.
Jessiejack
Recovery Runner
Great idea!
splitzo74
Jogger

I would love this to be an option. The presets are not equivalant to the amounts of water I drink. 

Matthew2384
First Steps

PLEASE.  This is such a simple fix.  Allow us to set the "quick add" options for water.  The same should be true for other tracked items as well; allow us to set our own quick add amounts.  PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE.  

Overall, the app online, and mobile, is slow and clunky.  It is comprehensive, but really needs a few updates to be user friendly.  Once you buy the band, you are stuck with the level of website that fitbit provides, and no help.  They tell you to "go to the community" for your help.  what a novel idea; tell your customers to teach each other.  Please.  Updated your website and make it user friendly.  Those of us who are actually active, want to be able to use it quickly.

danharvey1
Stepping Up

Would it be possible to add another unit for water consumption?

We have cups/MLs/FlOz.

Would it be possible to add pints?

We have predominantly 'Pint' glasses and half pint glasses.

Many thanks.

TM-Dallas
Recovery Runner
I agree 100% with this. It should be a very simple software change. Many other apps have this option. Fitbit should be able to do it too.
TM-Dallas
Recovery Runner
I agree 100% with this. It should be a very simple software change. Many other apps have this option. Fitbit should be able to do it too.
ashwolve
Interval Runner

In the Log food i would like to be add to add my own portion size (i dont use cups) but would like the option to add 1 sausage or 1 pie at my portions or at least be able to scroll down all the sizes instead of showing 142 avail but only showing 8

Msmcoin
First Steps
It would be great to be able to set my own presets for water amounts. For instance, I have a 26oz cup at work and a 30oz mug at home that I use daily. In the interest of streamlining time & effort (the eternal quest to minimize clicks), I would love to be able to set these as "standard" options in the app!
jeni185
First Steps

I sync my fitbit with my android phone or ipod touch and both have different standard amounts for water intake. Ipod is still better with rounded amounts like 200ml, 500ml, 750ml & 1500ml.

Android has silly odd numbers with decimals like 236.6ml, 499.79ml, 730.5ml & 1014.4ml !!!

Why this difference between the two? Honestly, who counts water to 499.79ml rather than 500ml unless you're being fed water through a tube in a hospital????

Please at least change the standard quantities in Android to rounded figures like iOS.

It would be better is standard quantities reflected standard bottle sizes available such as 600ml and 1lt. Even better if users could ser their own standard amounts.

TysonB
Jogger

Please please please change the volumes in "Quick Add" section of the water page. Better yet, allow the users to individually set their own volumes to match their specific sized water bottle.

Running the android app, not sure who the iPhone one goes. I assume it's the same?

Wessing
First Steps

Yes please! I would use this.

lindyloopa
Jogger

It would be great if the quick adds for water were in Aussie standards ie 200ml 500ml 750ml etc.

Currently they are unusable

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey @SunsetRunner! I love this idea because I'm sure this can help us to drink more water. Hope this can be a feature soon. 

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board 

Zubes
Jogger
Or just have a spinner? Or 3? 1 for 1ml, 1 for 10mls and another 100mls, a just to suit and save?
Zubes
Jogger
Or just have a spinner? Or 3? 1 for 1ml, 1 for 10mls and another 100mls, adjust to suit and save?
DaFenno
Recovery Runner
I agree. Actually 250ml would be good too. This would not be difficult to add the the app when you switch to metric. Remember that 99% of the world uses metric. The app should support this natively before obsolete measures rather than doing crazy conversions and ending up with amounts like 236.59ml
hebba
Recovery Runner

I regularly refill my 33.8 or 50.7 bottle during the day.  Definitely would be beneficial to have a "Set your frequently used water sizes" option.

regbert
Stepping Up

I would use this feature every day.  It's frustrating to repeatedly enter my most frequently used sizes that are not quick add options today.  Fitbit, please consider adding this to an upcoming release.  Thanks!

nzcook
First Steps

Hi, its probably here but for those of uswho use metric measurements, standard sizes are different i.e. 250ml, 750 for standards water bottles etc. The ability to set your own standard shortcuts would be great. Otherwise great product.

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Please make the water sizes customizable.

Moderator edit: added tiles and title for clarification

FredMaranhao
Stepping Up

I currently use Waterlogged because Fitbit App features are no optimal.

Features I have in Waterlogged which I miss in Fitbit:

- Smart Reminder: I set a goal for a day and a Reminder from 9am to 6pm. The app notifies me every hour on how much I should have taken till this hour of the day.

--> It would be a plus to have a vibration alert to remind me about it, informing how much I am lagging behind.

- Ability to custom size the "Quick-Add" to match my cups.

- Ability to log different types of liquids (eg: 100ml Tea only counts as 90ml of liquid)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.