Drag and Drop Music Transfer

I love my Ionic. Its the first fitness tracker that really works which ALSO has a music option but the functionality is a little frustrating.

Two features that would greatly improve the Ionic would be...

1) Drag and Drop uploads. Being able to plug my ionic into my Mac and drag playlists/podcasts across. Means I can still update watching with WIFI (especially as the WIFI sync seems time-consuming and glitchy - especially when uploading large files).

2) More player controls. Again, I largely listen to podcasts when running and being able to fast forward to a particular point in a track would be great. Especially as it would seem that Ionic doesn't remember where you last got up to so having to re-listen to the first hour of a 2 hours pod is a little frustrating.

These two functions would be a really strong addition to what is otherwise a great little device.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

4 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree, I agree, I agree.  Thank you.  That is EXACTLY what I was going to suggest. 

We ESPECIALLY need the Fast Forward option as my audio books come down in 1-1.5 hour segments and the Music app often messes up and starts at the next track instead of where I was and there is no way to recover except to start back at the beginning of the segment and wait the hour or so to get back to where it left off.

Several other Fitbit users I know have expressed this to me as well.  Please do this SOON!

(And boy would that drag and drop save a lot of fiddling around when loading new audio!)

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JimRunRun thanks for sharing this. We try to keep one idea per suggestion, so I've retitled this to focus on the drag and drop. There is another feature suggestion asking for a third party podcast app for Ionic which allows fast forwarding, which may be of interest to you, or please feel free to create a new suggestion focusing on that. Thanks!

himan_jk
Jogger

Customers like products that are simple and easy to use

Plug ionic usb line  into PC,then move mp3 from PC to ionic, like mp3 player.

By iTune playlist to transfer mp3,it will be something wrong to transfer music files.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.