Fitbit App for Android Wear watches

I'd pay for an Android Wear app to run a Fitbit Tracker on my Android Wear watch.  Fitbit leads the way when it comes to fitness and sleep tracking, but falls short on phone interaction. I would like to participate in the challenges between my family members, but I'm not purchasing and wearing an additional device to do so. I would, however, pay for an app to install on my watch to allow this. I have 2 Android Wear watches I'd install this on to become a fitness tracker, since Android Wear falls short in that realm.

At a high level, I'd like a Fitbit app that runs on my Android Wear watch and syncs to the Fitbit app on my phone. The watch app itself could be a watch face with similar behavior to those of Charge HR.

Pebble devices are still more functional than Fitbit activity trackers. I was hoping you'd continue development of that platform, it's superior to any of your watches today and I have 2 Pebble watches I still wear. You own Pebble, so it'd be nice if there was some integration there, too

19 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MaginB
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

BartChilders
Recovery Runner

This is so obvious! Yes!!

elpeterson
First Steps

My wife and I both had FitBit Flex's (the original). She upgraded to a Charge 2 HR and I went Android Wear. It effectively ended my use of FitBit, despite having and Aria, because I wasn't interested in having a FitBit in addition to my watch that I use for cycling, mobile payments, listening to music, etc. If it was possible to use FitBit's awesome social features but keep my Android Wear watch I'd be ecstatic. I hope this is something that can happen! 

benutne
Jogger

If the app were as accurate as my Charge 2 HR I'd swap it out for my Moto 360 Sport.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

A Fitbit app for Android Wear would be absolutely killer. I think it would also be awesome for y'all at Fitbit: if my Android Wear-loving self could compete in the Fitbit app with Fitbit wearers, I'd quickly convince family and friends to buy one of Fitbit's bands so we could compete :). Plus, my Aria scale would get used even more if my weight log showed up right on my wrist!

brundmc
First Steps

Please make this!  I'd pay for an Android Wear app!

jamms
Jogger

As a former Pebble user who moved to Misfit after the acquisition I believe growing your platform by making it accessible will benefit you in the long run.

CompuChip
First Steps

Absolutely this. I loved my fitbit. I miss my fitbit. I'm just not going to have both my fitbit AND a watch. I'd definitely pay for an app.

elpeterson
First Steps

I posted this to reddit where this Feature Suggestion was first posted, I think it would be the primary reason it would be so successful.

Someone who already owns an Android Wear or Apple Watch isn't going to slap another device on their wrist. And both of those smart watches are vastly superior at everything (even compared to the Ionic) but maybe step tracking. Now imagine every owner of those watches can now use the built in step tracking, heart monitoring and interface to challenge their friends in real time. Now you don't just get notified of when you complete your goal, you can get notifications from when your FitBit friends do. Maybe add in a ‘cheer’ option. Allow users to start the Fitbit challenges straight from the watch app. Suddenly FitBit is drowning in health data which is wildly valuable, more people would be open to purchases of their paid services and other devices like the Aria.

AlexYaoMing
First Steps

100% agree. I'd be willing to pay for Fitbit's tracking and food log if it was available on another device.

jerjavec
First Steps

I'd love to see a Wear OS app for fitbit.  I've used fitbit for years, and I love the step counters,  I have used a number of different generations, and currently own a Blaze.  I love the integration fitbit has with different apps, and I love the challenges and rivalry with other users.  But I also like tight integration with the rest of my devices, and in order to get that, I also have a Ticwatch Pro.  What I'd really like to see is something in the best of both worlds, where fitbit creates and sells a Wear OS app in addition to the devices it creates.  Then users could buy it and use the rest of the fitbit ecosystem while still tightly integrated with their other devices.  And fitbit expands sales into devices they currently don't have any revenue from.  It's win-win for everyone.

Xenius101
First Steps

This would be the most awesome thing for fitbit to do that they haven't already done.  If you're worried about losing devices sale revenue I would even pay a onetime fee for my account to enable this.

Please, I'd like to play with android watches, but don't want to lose my fitbit data/tracking!

Fitbit support sent me here: https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport/status/1070692290908188673

bulletxr6
First Steps

I Would most definitely pay for the fitbit app to work with my android wear devices, or failing that release a fitbit device running android wear 2.0. Need all the functionality of the genuine smart watch with fitbits awesome fitness tracking/data logging

Bouxx
Jogger

Ideally I want it the other way around. I have a Fitbit watch and want a Wear OS app to put on it 

x95
Base Runner

When I thought about it, if fitbit was integrated into android wear there would be no reason for a fitbit watch anymore.

Cougar694u
First Steps

Does the Google acquisition now change this? 😂

Xenius101
First Steps

Here's hoping!

(posted after logging in via google authenticate) 😛

jonathanlaf
Jogger

I just bought a Versa 2, and I'm seriously hoping that they will update it will a Wear OS and a fitbit app! That would be the most awesome thing in the world !

Switchin
First Steps

Honestly, I'd file this one under the "I didn't know this was an option" category!!  For years, this integration has been my biggest sticking point.  Would love to have an Wear OS application for other devices.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.