Easier way to switch between kids and parent view

Go back to make switching between kids view and parent view seamless. It is virtually impossible to add or sync a kids Fitbit since the app change. Also how about being able to download the app on a fire tablet.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @WalshpbThanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exists on the Product Feedback Board. You can see it here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

You also had shared a unique product feedback, so we have retitled and relabeled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

larymou
First Steps
  • You used to be able to switch to Kid View within the parents Fitbit app, it was clunky but it was still possible. It appears that now you cannot do this and the child must have their own device. Apparently this is for security reasons. My 8 year old does not have a device. I would not have bought her a Fitbit had I known this change had been made
  • My childs Fitbit Ace 3 has been rendered useless as I cannot sync and update it within my own app. She will not have her own device for at least another 5 years. Fitbit/Google do not allow a child to have a different Fitbit until they are 13 for security reasons but expect them to have their own device for their fitbit for security reasons.
larymou
First Steps
You used to be able to switch to Kid View within the parents Fitbit app, it was clunky but it was still possible. It appears that now you cannot do this and the child must have their own device. Apparently this is for security reasons. My 8 year old does not have a device. I would not have bought her a Fitbit had I known this change had been made.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @larymou, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having an easier way to switch to kids view with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.