Edit Time of Daily Reset of Stats / Add Nightshift

Hi, It would be great if users could change the daily reset of stats to a different hour. We night owls who go sleep late after midnight now have to calculate the differences in our heads and that's not ideal. Thanks!

Moderator edit: labels and title for clarity

885 Comments
Nick20
First Steps

i also need this very bad...
I work night shifts and mostly go to bedat 7.30 so if you can choose your reset time (for example 8 am) it would be much more accurate. and i thought Fitbit wanted to be accurate 😛

This is so easy and fast to implement

Nick20
First Steps

This feature changed to "reviewed by mod" 8 months ago and yet we do not have this feature 😞

It is so easy and fast to implement this .. and there are millions of people who work nights who need this and even people who don't work nights but like going to parties or a nighttimewalk.

It's like someone said imagine your fitbit resetting everyday at 1 or 2 pm. How would you feel? 😛

Nick20
First Steps

This really needs to be implemented.

Millions of people working the nights or who go to a party or who like a nightwalk.

So easy and yet it's not a feature 😞

Nick20
First Steps

A lot of people have suggested it and i already found 2 of them with the status "reviewed by mod" even from 8 months ago yet the feature has not been implemented 😕

and i even think its very easy to include such option. 

I also need this very much because i also work nights.

They should imagine that their fitbit would be resetting everyday on 1 or 2PM ..

Would also drive them crazy 🙂

Nick20
First Steps

yup.

Been asked for many times and has been reviewed by mods few times a while ago but its still not an option...

Nick20
First Steps

i also need this ... 

Nick20
First Steps

it's bull**ahem** that they tell you to put it here because the last few years it has been posted here several times and on a few of them the status is changed to "reviewed by mod" and still its no option ... Fitbit wants accuracy but for nighttime workers or even people awake past midnight in weekends its not accurate at all ..

Nick20
First Steps

Thousands of fitbit users need this and it has been suggested several times and a few times has been reviewed by a mod a while ago.

Yet still no such option while its very easy to implement.

I really don't understand Fitbit ..

Fitbit is not accurate at all for nighttime workers and i thought Fitbit wanted to be the most accurate.

cdecormier
Jogger
I wish we could choose what time to reset it
edefoort
First Steps

I would also love to have an option to choose what time your day starts.  I work shift work and for most of my shifts everything resets part way through my day at midnight.  Would be a great option to have especially for shift workers like myself

CyndiMG
Jogger

I Totally Agree!! 
I also work the night shift and it would make life so much easier if 'My Day' wasn't split up over 2 fitbit 'days'.  It is very annoying trying to track my total activity for my day.    Additionally, I would like to take it a step further and suggest that you allow fitbitters to set their own 'week' shedule too.  Not everyone works Monday - Friday and have the weekend off.  My weekend actually falls in the middle of the week.   You offer a week start of Sunday or Monday - but my work week goes from Thursday to Monday.  Allowing fitbitters to set their own Week and Day Schedules - to have the fitbit work for us... adds a totally new demention to the fitbit !!

Thanks.

curryljames
First Steps
I work as a night shift nurse and my steps always get cut in half since technically I am working on two days. When I compete with other people I do not get an accurate step count. I would like to suggest that users can change their days to calculate from noon to noon instead of midnight to midnight.
SporkSpaz
First Steps

I also need this!!!!!!! My shift start at 8pm and ends at 6am. Please add this feature soon!!!

jsml
Jogger

It also seems that it would be easy since Fitbit knows when you go to bed and wake-up!

jsml
Jogger

Since Fitbit knows when you wake up and go to bed, this seems like a great integration!

jmed1111
First Steps

I would love to see a way to change when my tracker starts a new day. For someone who works shift work midnight is usually the middle of my day. Why not have the options of choosing midnight, a custom time, or even starting the new day after sleep tracking?

jBrew617
First Steps
PLEASE let us choose which hour we start our day. I work overnights!! It is a bit frustrating.
Staipe28
First Steps
That would be giving you an advantage, not sure that's going to fly. I disagree with this. Wake up earlier and get to steppin!!
jBrew617
First Steps
I don't think you get it. I work 11pm to 7pm which then makes me sleep from 8am to 3pm. My day starts at 3pm and that's about 7 hours of sleep if I'm lucky. The majority of my day is in the wee hours if the morning...it would be nice if I could start my day (which) I do at 3pm....on my device would be nice!
jBrew617
First Steps
*11pm to 7am ...typo
dtassinari
First Steps

Me too! I work in food service and always finish after midnight, and would love to be able to count those hours with the previous day.

aliendancer
Base Runner

I would also like this feature. If I am active or exercise before I go to sleep I want it to count on the previous day not the next day. I frequently stay up late sometimes until 3 AM if I exercise I don't want that to count on the next day.

anwsmith
Jogger

I agree! At least the option to choose noon to noon (rather than midnight to midnight) would be nice for those of us who work night shift. Please please please!

bsurrounded
Jogger

Please Fitbit, listen to us.  It is such a pain I am thinking of adjusting my work schedule to go better wtih my Fitbit, which is crazy.  I have to enter what I "think" i'm going to eat after I get home.  And I have to do the math to figure out how many more steps I need when it hits midnight.  I would think this would be any easy fit for the programers.  Set it up so that we can choose our own reset time.  

novaworm
First Steps
The same for me as well...today I was stuck at the office very late and by the time I got home and started to work out it was after midnight...it would be great if I could have my days start at 2 a.m. as this happens often. Now I have nothing to show for Tuesday but will have two workout sessions on Wednesday.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.