Edit minimum amount of sleep for sleep auto-detection

This would work just like auto recognized exercises. Enter the minimum amount of sleep required to trigger sleep logging.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sam1104, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to edit minimum amount of sleep for sleep auto-detection . We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

HSS79
Strider

If this is implement I will set it to 1 sec so I that I can get SpO2 reading in 1 sec vs current 3hrs min sleep. It is unhealthy if I need to sleep multiple 3hrs everytime I want to get my SpO2 reading.

ArnoldM101
First Steps

Agree with previous posts, reducing the sleep detection time is useful. Also I believe an override/start sleep button that would allow the user to advise tracking software that you have gone to bed would ensure that people that sleep a lot earlier or a lot later than midnight get the track data they desire.

People that would irregular shift work and will need to dictate when they go to sleep, they would benefit the most from the sleep tracking.

This is a really big selling point in my opinion and would be useful for people of all persuasions and lifestyles.

I consider this feature request a capability gap that would have the highest pay off.

ilene78b
Keeping Pace

I’d like to compare I am 71 years only read about people 40 and under.  Where are senior apps

ilene78b
Keeping Pace

Need to compare sleep time to seniors.

Guy_
Space Racer

Good idea, but there may have to be fixed minimum of 15 minutes or something.

There would also need to be a period specified during which you want the detailed values aggregated in the sleep log, otherwise there could be potentially lots of mini sleeps in the night, which not be normal, whereas during the day it would be acceptable to cater for dozing.

What is not known currently is the length of wake time that cancels a night's detailed sleep analysis.

EG. In bed for 7 hours but up for 3 hours in the middle. 2 hours sleep, then up rot 3 hours, then 2 more hours sleep. Would you get any detailed information for the two 2 hour periods? Or would it show just 2 sleeps without the appropriate breakdown?

All we know is sleep analysis is done for periods of 3 hours or more/

sam1104
Walker

My original concept was to prevent tracking during periods of inactivity which are currently recorded as sleep (e.g. watching TV). This is more of a bug fix than a feature addition, but this is the mechanism for having that considered. I appreciate everyone's input. Please keep it coming!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.