Endomondo Integration Improvements

It seems like all other fitness services (like Endomondo, Runkepper, Garmin etc.) supports synchronization to other such service. But Fitbit does not support this, unfortunately and surprisingly.

Fitbit only syncs Steps, Distance, and Sleep. Consequently, Fitbit does not sync exercises/runs, distance and time, heart rate, gps data (if recorded with the Fitbit app), etc. to Endomondo.

Fitbit should really consider to support synchronization of all data from Fitbit -> Endomondo (and other similar services). It seems like your users want to keep using services like Endomondo, Runkeeper etc. but would like to use Fitbit's hardware. As it is now, this is not possible.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

176 Comments
ranma
First Steps

I thought it had this :smileysad:, so i bought it.

But my endomondo can't find my Charge HR as a HR sensor.

Please add this function ASAP.

I don't want to wear 2 devices when I work out.

vlora
First Steps

One of the reasons I bought this was using HR feature with Endomondo, I didn't know you are not supporting it 😞

we would be pleased to have it ASAP.

SteveJarv
First Steps

You have to add this. Like others in this conversation, this is why I bought the charge HR. 

mimse
First Steps

Track HR in the Endomondo app!

That would be perfect....

Thanks-

cromtl
Jogger

Track HR in the Endomondo app!

I second all that suggest this option,  would really love the integration

Theaux
First Steps
I got a surge thinking this functionality was already implemented. I still love it, but being able to use the surge as a real time heart rate monitor would be fantastic. Without true real-time fitness app integration, the heart rate measurements are just a novelty with no real application.
ikh
First Steps

Must have it!!

quique
First Steps

Would be awesome !!! Connecting charge HR to endomondo. I do not want to have a chest stuff around my body when running.

gytis
First Steps

this is a must, this was one of the reasons for me to buy fitbit as i thought this is already included 😕

marekmil
First Steps

I would love this integration too.

Landtree829n
Stepping Up

I was so disappointed when I realized that the Charge HR monitors were not compatible with Endomondo.  I purchase a Scosche Rhythm+ because of this.

morningsun
First Steps

This is the entire reason that would convert me from Mio Alpha 2 to Fitbit Surge.   I do cycling using cycling app such as Edomondo, Wahoo, and Panobike.  This way, I can see my speed, cadence, and heart rate via my phone as a bike meter.  

Mio Alpha, yet with its limited feature, but its biggest offer is sending real time heart rate data to a fitness app. 

If the Surge or Charge HR can do this, it would be a greate feature for many users.  

cmp2993
Jogger

I expected my Charge HR to work with third party apps as a heart rate monitor! One of the only reasons I bought it! I will be returning mine if you can't add this really soon. Very stupid that it doesn't already allow this. 

Innovation
Stepping Up

I’m still disappointed that fitbit haven’t adjust the software to establish communication between wrist strap and third party apps…. I’m tired of waiting! How can we let fitbit understand this need?!

CarlosDread
First Steps

You guys need to work on the integration ASAP, it make no sense that I have to wear another HR if I already have one on the Fitbit.

PierretLionel
First Steps

I have bought a Charge HR , I'm disappointed about the product.
The Charge HR is not able to sync(Bluethoot) in realtime with my Strava ( Iphone).

It would be great the have realtime heart rate monitoring during the cycling/Running.

Hopefully we will get a update soon for the Charge HR, I need to use my Mio Alpha again for realtime heart rate monitoring.

too bad, ..

bwoodworth
Jogger

It's silly that this isn't a feature yet. PLEASE add this function to the Charge HR and Surge!

kikky
First Steps

Bought Fitbit Charge HR and was disappointed, that it can't connect to neither endomondo or Runtastic. This feature would be great.

Mateusz
First Steps

Its a must have, many people bought it because of that, half a year, and youre doing nothing? Not even reply here?

PLS fix it ASAP!

yogurt
Keeping Pace
I agree. Now I wear the surge on the left an the mioalpha on the right while biking!!!
morningsun
First Steps
That's exactly I try to avoid. Wear the Mio Alpha to make up for the
Surges missing feature doesn't make a lot and economic, style, and tech
sense.
yogurt
Keeping Pace

I was able to connect to runtastic app when i bought the surge. But only for few days.
Now it's impossible. So now i have to wear my old myo-alpha to monitor the heart rate in other app.
This is strange because the surge is much more advanced!

This is a must have feature and i think is only a software problem.

nakolkin
First Steps

Expected it is already implemented.

jemmo1
First Steps

Please link the Charge HR with STRAVA! Literally bought the Fitbit HR for this purpose as i thought everything about Fitbit linked up. Would of gone for the vivosmart if id of known.

stimpy182
Jogger

This would be really usefull.

it's more or less the reason why i bought the Charge HR.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.