Endomondo Integration Improvements

It seems like all other fitness services (like Endomondo, Runkepper, Garmin etc.) supports synchronization to other such service. But Fitbit does not support this, unfortunately and surprisingly.

Fitbit only syncs Steps, Distance, and Sleep. Consequently, Fitbit does not sync exercises/runs, distance and time, heart rate, gps data (if recorded with the Fitbit app), etc. to Endomondo.

Fitbit should really consider to support synchronization of all data from Fitbit -> Endomondo (and other similar services). It seems like your users want to keep using services like Endomondo, Runkeeper etc. but would like to use Fitbit's hardware. As it is now, this is not possible.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

176 Comments
Innovation
Stepping Up

Dear Fitbit! As you see, a lot of Fitbit owners with HR integration want to see the possibility to have the HR from Fitbit shown in there activity app!

Can you please, and very soon respond to this request and tell us what you are doing with this? Or at least tell us why this is impossible..!? This is getting stupid.

If it's already fixed, please tell us what to do.

MartinB
Recovery Runner
Yes, please respond to our requests!!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit... we're waiting for you!

PierretLionel
First Steps

Weird Fitbit doesn't reply.
Starting a Facebook or Twitter post about the problem could help ??

peterbea142
Base Runner
Still waiting!!!
mijujda
First Steps

I really thought, as many others here, that Charge HR would work just like that! So I wouldn't have to bother with chest strap... The "after workout sync" feature is a nice try, but doesn't really work as I would expect... And I'm quite sure that Endomondo, RunKeeper, Runtastic etc would be up for that... Why aren't you?

stimpy182
Jogger
For me it's already to late.
If a company doesn't even bother to answer the question i don't bother to
keep there product.
AdamDaze
First Steps

Yep, need this. It's a huge deal breaker and I will *not* be recommending any fitbit product untill it's fixed. Wouldn't have purchased if I'd known you'd try to lock us to your app. This is 2015. Get with the program. You make bracelets.

Status changed to: New
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Oojaa That would be a great idea! Hope this can be a feature soon because a lot of people sync Fitbit a third-party app. 

Thank you for your suggestions. 

LøperMedUlver
First Steps

Giving up on Fitbit as a heart rate monitor since there is no progress for this change. Going back to chest strap for training. And using Apple watch for the funn/daily progress.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @KjetilM thanks for visiting our Feature Request board! I think your idea could be a great option to add to our current integration with Endomondo. 

Thanks for sharing it! See you around! 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @aplein thanks for stopping by! With our current integration, connect your Endomondo and Fitbit accounts to sync fitness data like steps, bike rides, runs, sleep and workouts to both profiles. I think it would be great to sync too distance and time, heart rate and GPS data. 

Thanks for sharing this great idea with us! See you around! Woman Wink

morningsun
First Steps

I believe once Fibit sends out it's live heart rate data, any third party app that support hear rate monitoring would be able to pickup the device.  Such as Strava, RunKeeper, MapMyRide, Runstatic, Wahoo app, Panobike, Edomondo, etc.  

Basically, add Mio sensor features to Fibit.  

MaherAbuZer
Jogger

I used to track my bike rides using endomondo via mobile, but now I am trying to use my surge watch, but fitbit doesn't sync it with endomondo account, it only sync steps and some other workouts,

the current sync does sync from endomondo to fitbit, but doing vice versa will be great so i can only use my surge watch and share with endomondo friends.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I like using endomondo I would like my surge to work as a real time hrm in the endo app.
Nachous3
First Steps

Possibility to share Hear Rate data from FitBit Charge HR to Endomondo account activities.

oystein1970
Jogger
If fitbit had all data transfered to endomondo, a lot of customers had been VERY HAPPY. Like map, hr, type of activity .

oystein1970
Jogger
Just like when I export manually a workout from fitbit and import in Endomondo
Miroslav
First Steps

Please, do something with it. It is not possible right now connect heart rate on my charge hr with endomondo.

Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Edited request title and added labels.

jalwan
First Steps

Please add support for ANT+ so heartrate data from my FitBit Surge can show up in third party solutions.  Our YMCA just got all new spin bikes and fitness equipment and uses FitMetrix.  The Y is recommending any heart rate monitor except FitBit and Polar because you don't allow heart rate data to be accessed by FitMetrix using ANT+.  While I like my Surge and was going to buy the Aria scale, now I will probably stop using FitBit and buy a Garmin Vivoactive HR and scale instead because they support ANT+.  Would rather keep using my FitBit Surge, but I want ANT+ support.

JohnStuart
First Steps
Adding my voice to this. It's the main thing in missing
ParadiseDK
Recovery Runner

I can't believe this still hasn't been done!

And the FitBit-person commenting is wrong. NO workouts are transfered to Endomondo! Only steps and a random amount of hours.

I want a workout to be automatically transfered and posted to Endomondo from my FitBit. How hard can it be?! Every other app does this!

It's ridiculous that a few numbers (time, calories burned, average heart rate etc) can't be transfered into Endomondo automatically.

I even tried using the transfer-file option (making the workout into some sort of file and then upload it to Endomondo. Just gives me an error message).

Come on FitBit, this is ridiculous, just transfer the workouts, it's very simple code!

rafaelba8
Jogger

I'd like this too!

GJEP
First Steps
Hi!

Please please please allow heart rate data into 3rd party apps! I bought my Blaze thinking that I could sync all my data but it turns out I can track little more than what my phone itself can do..
Marthijs
First Steps

This takes some time now...

Fitbit can you please share your progress on this one? Or are these suggestions (sync HR/excercises...) not possible to realize?! Working on it or ignoring your customers?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.