Endomondo Integration Improvements

It seems like all other fitness services (like Endomondo, Runkepper, Garmin etc.) supports synchronization to other such service. But Fitbit does not support this, unfortunately and surprisingly.

Fitbit only syncs Steps, Distance, and Sleep. Consequently, Fitbit does not sync exercises/runs, distance and time, heart rate, gps data (if recorded with the Fitbit app), etc. to Endomondo.

Fitbit should really consider to support synchronization of all data from Fitbit -> Endomondo (and other similar services). It seems like your users want to keep using services like Endomondo, Runkeeper etc. but would like to use Fitbit's hardware. As it is now, this is not possible.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

176 Comments
JohnStuart
First Steps

This lack of interconnectivity is the big minus. It's a good watch and I like it, but I can't in all honesty recommend it to my friends (one who has bought a microsoft band 2 for this very reason). 

I guess fitbit are thinking "well just use our app". No, I like the mapping functions of mapmyride, I like the waking functions of sleep as android. I hoped that the fitbit would advance these, sadly not.

What I don't really understand is that fitbit are the ones that got my money with the actual watch!

I'd happily charge more frequently if the increase in wireless data (bluetooth i guess) gave me what I wanted! 

valcsusz
First Steps

It would be sooooo great

aniusia.r
Jogger

i am really dissapointed

should i know that i would have never bought fitbit surge 😞

salter.m
Jogger

What is the point of buying a surge to record workouts if you can't transfer workouts to sites such as Endomondo. Might have bought a Garmin or Suunto if i'd realised

Lilize
First Steps
The connection between the two accounts is great, but the live heartrate feature transmission is really missing to monitor the right training zone along with the speed and distance from one unique point at a time...
Venoe
First Steps

The thing I miss the most from my Surge is a possibility for it to delivere HR monitoring for integration directly into the Endomondo workouts.

For example it is possible to connect a Jabra Pulse headset as an Endomondo HR monitor.

https://support.endomondo.com/hc/en-us/articles/202228468-Headsets :

iPhone
  1. Make sure the Jabra Pulse headset is connected to the phone
  2. Open the Endomondo app, go to Settings -> Heart Rate -> Connect Belt -> Bluetooth Low Energy -> Scan - the application should now find the Jabra Pulse
  3. To see your heart rate go to the Workout screen, tab one of the four display fields on the screen and select HR.
alectro
First Steps

I think is really important to add our workouts tracked with Fitbit Surge with the Endomondo account.

I don;t want to add each one of my workouts manually to my Endomondo account.

Please make this happen!

Thanks!

FoerbyHolm
Jogger

Just want to hear If Fitbit are looking on this problem???

Or do they ignore it...

Thanks

Boxer666
Stepping Up

Would really like my fitbit recorded activities to be synced to endomondo. Right now it is the steps and calories for the whole day, but I would reallly like to see my workouts there instead

Jojoflojo
Recovery Runner
I bought my Fitbit surge as I wanted to get away from a chest strap and also to stop using all the battery on my phone! Having done a bit of reading it seems that showed that MFP and endomondo were compatible apps!!! How wrong can you be! I have managed to export some exercised with HR included to endomondo ( only ones that use GPS as well as HR) I've tried to suggest to Fitbit about a exercise mode generic with the option of HR as well as GPS! I don't mind having to manually import things!!!
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Workout-mode-with-HR-and-GPS/idi-p/1409001

DANIL0
Stepping Up

This is so bad and a big let down...I'm so very disapointed...

jethansen
First Steps

**ahem**!! I just bought the Charge 2, thinking that I could use it instead of a chest wrap when working out with Endomondo! I read about the Endomondo and Fitbit integration, and thought I would be able to to this. But I see now that it can only sync workouts etc.. such a shame. 😞

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I too would love to see this.

Jojoflojo
Recovery Runner
The only way to import to endomondo is go to the bike ride on the activities list and open it up. In the right hand corner are there dots if you click on that it says export as tcx ( I think) you then have to import the file to endomondo. Yes it's a pain in the **ahem**!! But it's the only way to do it. Most of my activities I want to use the GPS function partly as if the GPS is used you can export to endomondo ( without it the file will not import) I either use walk or bike for all my activities gym, horse riding etc when it is imported into endomondo I change it to the correct activity. The activity then imports back to Fitbit and I delete the original ( yes this is lengthily and painstaking) but I have years of workout in endomondo and want to keep all my data for when I finish with Fitbit!!! Your GPS maps will stay in endomondo however the maps do not import back to Fitbit! Yes another failing for Fitbit!

Sent from my iPhone
benedikt.ebli
Runner

I would love to see an improvement of the Endomondo integration. I mainly use my Surge for tracking activities. I have a five year history in Endomondo and want to continue that in a convenient way with Fitbit hardware. I only want activities in Endomondo. Steps, sleep and so on can remain in the Fitbit app.

Maybe you can implement an option of which data you want to be synced to other services.

Please improve here.

Hdisgreat
First Steps

It would be easy for FitBit to act like an HR belt in Bluetooth mode and then the hr data will import into Endomondo and others with ease.

barry

SimonV
First Steps

Really?! No heart rate data is imported/synced to Endomondo? 

This is a big let down after the first day I'm using the Fitbit charge 2. 

Not advising to my friends:(

Boomtrooper
First Steps

Agree.... big let down. E ndomondo is so good and popular I can't see why it should take so long to integrate what must be essentially a simple data package. Come on fitbit - as a new user, i'm actually really disappointed with the lack of flexibility and integration of what is at the end of the day a fairly pricey bit of kit...

vitalis
Base Runner

For me - I would like to select what I want to sync in to Endomondo from Fitbit. Right now one can enable Fitbit syncronization in Endomondo account and after that every sync of Fitbit tracker to Fitbit application does appear in Endomondo profile. Pretty useless in my opinion. In my case I want to sync only Fitbit excercises. 

asbjornf
Stepping Up

Any idea when this new feature will be implemented? I was surprised that this wasn't already in place.

vitalis
Base Runner

Exactly what I need! I want to share only exercises (could be configurable)

vitalis
Base Runner

To @asbjornf - apparently it is not. When I enable (i) sync with Fitbit in (ii) my Endomondo account, every sync of Fitbit appeared in Endomondo (it gets my Endomondo friends to be angry by emount of updates)

asbjornf
Stepping Up

Yes, so plz Fitbit - make good stuff happen!

RunnerTim
Jogger

I came from the now discontinued Microsoft Band 2 and it was upon Microsoft's recommendation that I purchased the Surge. . . Not having the run come over is a big deal to me. Like many users, I use mapmyrun and myfitnesspal as my health apps. Fitbit is first and foremost a device so the data map, splits, time, distance, etc should sync over easily. . . . .

@aplein wrote:

It seems like all other fitness services (like Endomondo, Runkepper, Garmin etc.) supports synchronization to other such service. But Fitbit does not support this, unfortunately and surprisingly.

Fitbit only syncs Steps, Distance, and Sleep. Consequently, Fitbit does not sync exercises/runs, distance and time, heart rate, gps data (if recorded with the Fitbit app), etc. to Endomondo.

Fitbit should really consider to support synchronization of all data from Fitbit -> Endomondo (and other similar services). It seems like your users want to keep using services like Endomondo, Runkeeper etc. but would like to use Fitbit's hardware. As it is now, this is not possible.

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

Jojoflojo
Recovery Runner

Yes, you like thousands of us are banging our heads against the wall about this! Fitbit have our money and are now not interested!

i also have used endomondo for years and wanted to keep all of my fitness activity there as well, for when (and I probably will) ditch Fitbit!

i am now having to misuse my watch to be able to transfer my workouts into endomondo as they need the GPS information to be able to manually import. All of my gym classes are now logged as a walk. I then export them to endomondo (painfully and singularly) I then change the activity to what I have actually done. It then imports back into Fitbit (I then have to delete the original) the map doesn't transfer back to Fitbit (shame) but at least it is in endomondo and listed correctly. Fitbit has the potential to be the watch that everyone wants, all they would have to do is add a generic workout with GPS and HR as you are able to edit the other generic workout tab which only monitors HR!

Agggghhhh! FITBIT!!!!!!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.