Endomondo Integration Improvements

It seems like all other fitness services (like Endomondo, Runkepper, Garmin etc.) supports synchronization to other such service. But Fitbit does not support this, unfortunately and surprisingly.

Fitbit only syncs Steps, Distance, and Sleep. Consequently, Fitbit does not sync exercises/runs, distance and time, heart rate, gps data (if recorded with the Fitbit app), etc. to Endomondo.

Fitbit should really consider to support synchronization of all data from Fitbit -> Endomondo (and other similar services). It seems like your users want to keep using services like Endomondo, Runkeeper etc. but would like to use Fitbit's hardware. As it is now, this is not possible.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

176 Comments
DANIL0
Stepping Up

Already almost half a year from my buy of fitbit surge and still no answer from fitbit about this!? Is this just ignorance from fitbit, lack of knowledge or something else? If this is not solved in short time I'll probably sell my fitbit (if I find someone to buy it...) and also won't recommend it to anyone anymore. And I thought that I'll get a real "super" watch as it's advertised...

Fnash4
Jogger

@CindyFitbit is anyone looking at this thread anymore? It has been over a year since any reply from FitBit.

Fnash4
Jogger

@SilviaFitbit any update? Is anyone even looking?

vitalis
Base Runner

I'm afraid that Fitbit just does not want to implement such a feature, because it contradicts to the own service - why to let people to export everything from own ecosystem in to other ecosystem?

aniusia.r
Jogger
this is so stupid........
vitalis
Base Runner

Not  that  stupid. E.g. personally I do like Fitbit's infrastructure and ecosystem, problem is that I'm too long in Endomondo and do have much more friends there

Boomtrooper
First Steps

+1 definitely

i2m4y
First Steps

I'd love the possibility to connect the wirst heart rate monitor of my Fitbit Charge 2 with my Endomondo app on a Bluethooth 4.0 mobile phone, exactly as It would be an heart rate belt. Endomondo would use and show my heart rate in real time.

Really a good improvement!

Yhank You in advance.

Dr.usman
First Steps

Heart rate sync plz.. Y u don't have HR sync.. 

Hp_Sauce
First Steps

Yikes!  Glad I found out about this short coming today.

(The same day a bought my FitBit that is advertised as integrated with Endomondo).

Now at least I can return it tomorrow, before the return policy runs out.

Bye FitBit!

haylo75
First Steps

I purchased a Charge 2 and have been quite disappointed in the HR readings while working out.  It either drops out completely or is 30-50 bpm lower than my actual heart rate.  I went through all the community help to no avail.  I then purchased a Polar H7 Bluetooth to sync workouts from Endomondo to Fitbit.  Sadly, HR is the only measure that doesn't sync, and is in fact the only measure I want to sync since Fitbit's readings are unusable.

I am glad I'm within my return window for the Charge 2.  Fitbit's inattention to the oft cited HR issue on their own devices, coupled with their inattention to syncing such an important measure from a far more accurate device, is pretty telling of their level of commitment to their customers.

ZorkyZ
First Steps

Please enable heart rate connectivity with Endomondo 

NT9
Stepping Up

I'm also really disappointed I've just bought my fitbit blaze, which I'm loving then I find this out. I wanted it partly to bring hr readings to my Endomundo running as it's advertised that it syncs with Endomundo.  I use Endomundo for my running training programme, I don't think fitbit provides these, also Endomundo is the only fitness tracker I know that will track horse riding. 

Going for a run today for the first time with my Fitbit blaze so will see what happens.

alivingstone
Jogger

Totally gutted - just bought 2 x Charge 2 HR for myself and my wife thinking I would get full integration with Endemondo and other apps - particularly for live HR stats.  Just found out this isn't possible - looks like both will be returned and a compatible HR monitor bought instead.  Fitbit app is OK and I'm happy to use it but we are heavilly invested in Endemondo as are many of our fellow runners so it's important to us that whatever we use can either link to Endemondo for it to read the HR or sync HR data. 

scrittiwolf
First Steps

Would be great if Fitbit Blaze could send heart rate data to Endomondo via bluetooth. So for example if i use endomondo for a workout i can use Fitbit as a heart rate monitor.

namtrab
Recovery Runner

I agree. Fitbit needs to send HR data to Endomondo. My wife just gave me her old Charge 2 (because she got an Apple Watch 2...so she could have HR data sent to Endomondo). I like the Charge 2, but I'm kinda wanting to get a Blaze. But, if I'm going to purchase a new device, I want HR data sent to Endomondo. So...hopefully Fitbit will make this happen. I'd prefer to stay with Fitbit, but I need devices that will do what I need it to do. This feature has been requested for quite a long time, so...

powdah
Base Runner

Looks like I will be returning my wife and my Charge 2 for the very reason that third party apps can not read real time HR.  Unless Fitbit gives a short timeline to make this possible -

Robin12
First Steps

It's really a must to have heart rate data directly accessible by Endomondo via bluetooth. Actually it really surprises me that this is not possible at this moment, I thought it was a default function when I bought my Charge 2, so I'm quite disappointed. Although you can track the workout on fitbit and post it to Endomondo, it still does not allow to use voice-guided training plans of Endomondo with simultaneous heart rate monitoring.

I really hope the heart rate data becomes available for other software, like endomondo soon.

roggiebearing
First Steps

Great suggestion to send the HR data to Endomondo.

The suggestion was first posted in May 2015.  When is this improvment coming? It's about time 🙂

vitalis
Base Runner
There are few other 2-years topics exist. With more important feature requests. And no response from the company.

It is my last Fitbit...

Get Outlook for Android
simendsjo
First Steps

How depressing. I just bought the Charge 2 as an upgrade from my Smartband 2. It seems the upgrade is really a downgrade as I will no longer get HR into Endomondo.

I specifically checked the compatibility with Endomondo before buying it, but the compatibility page didn't state that it was HR wasn't implemented!

This issue is two years old, and my Smartband2, which is under half the price, supports this.

How difficult could this be? Listen to the community and add support for this!

powdah
Base Runner

Fitbit's compatibility statements are somewhat miss leading to most of us.  As one can see from all the comments, they are not about to change their policy about true compatibility or even bring their app up to a level most of us are used to - ie strava, MeeRun, Endomondo etc.

I have started wearing my chest HR again so I can get real time data

Thexps
First Steps

Have there been any reply on this matter? Or is Fitbit another of those company that don't listen?

Fitbit: Will you fix full sync to Endomondo or should I return my charge 2?

Pls!! Replay!!

stallpall
First Steps

YEESSSS PLEASE!!

aniusia.r
Jogger

Nothing's happening since 2015....

I'm frustrated...

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.