Ensure alarm wakes you up, eg. continuous snooze, alarm restarts if detects sleep

I set my silent alarm last night for 7:00am this morning so I could wake up without disturbing my partner and so I would be in good time to collect my partners son from his night shift at 7:30am. At 7:25am my partner woke me and said weren't you suppose to be getting up at 7:00am? It then became clear that the silent alarm had only vibrated for about 5-10 seconds then stopped? What is completely stupid is it pops up with a screen that says you can 1. Dismiss or 2. Snooze. However if the first alarm has failed to wake you up then how on earth are you suppose to hit the snooze? I'm sure this has been mentioned and I've seen something about setting multiple alarms but that is ridiculous. What is clearly required is to have both a longer initial first vibrating period, followed by an automatic snooze which continues until the wear wakes up. I bought my fitbit surge thinking that that is how it would work....... anything less than that is nonsenisal and a good reason to return it for a refund. Please tell me you will sort this out and when!!! There must be several users calling out for this change which I understand was incoporated into earlier models. Clearly it would be even better if the user could choose the option they require but the default should of course be - repeating snooze until user wakes.

Moderator edit: labels 

32 Comments
MadamQ
Jogger

It would be nice if alarms and notifications would have the option to be silenced when it shows you are already asleep.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MadamQ! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

Acurtis87
First Steps

Problem: Falling asleep after being woken up by Fitbit alarm.

Solution: Allow the alarm to detect if you've fallen asleep.

It would be incredibly useful if the alarm feature was allowed to communicate with the sleep tracker to determine if you've fallen asleep after your alarm. If you allow it to be an additional option for each specific alarm, similar to the current smart alarm, false positives will be an understandable risk to using the feature. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Acurtis87! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

HariLK
Jogger
When I set alarm after first snooze stop after few minutes another snooze will occur still user didn't respond it automatically turn off alarm. It want to be continues snooze until user dismiss the alarm so user can wake up on time.
Previous i used apple watch series 3 it's alarm snooze until user dismiss the alarm so I can woke on time.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @HariLK, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to ensure alarm wakes you up, eg. continuous snooze, alarm restarts if detects sleep. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.