Export reports by activity

User should be able to export/view reports of specific activity. E.g. I am a runner and I want to download/view a summary of JUST my running activity for the month/week. There is something already in the Activity Summary but it shows all activity with no way to filter by activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @smitha0210, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to export reports by activity. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

acat111
First Steps

I was going to make the same suggestion, but see it is already here. Another vote of yes, please! I engage in many different activites, and would love to do a breakdown by sport at the end of the month, year, etc...

PhilduLac
First Steps
I would like to be able to download the list of exercices that I did (running, swimming, cycling).
When I download data from the portal now, even in the activity, I don't have the details of that. It gives only the active minutes, steps, floor and few other data but not the sport that the trackers recorded or the one that I manually created.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @PhilduLac, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to download your list of exercises. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

You might be also interested in this other suggestion: Exporting Workouts/Activity History.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums. 

PhilduLac
First Steps

I'm surprised to read that the request you have attached my request too said "released" but nobody is able to tell me how to do.

Even more suprising, I saw that in the help page and what I flagged in bold is exactly what I need but nowhere I see how to get it.

What Fitbit data can I export?

Data type Description
ActivitySteps, distance, active minutes, calories, floors, heart rate, stationary time, cardio fitness score, and more. For more information, see How do I export my Fitbit GPS data?
ExerciseExercise history, exercise logs
SocialFitbit community groups you're a member of, challenges, badges, community group posts, and comments. For more information, see How do I export my Fitbit community data?
SleepYour sleep schedule, minutes asleep and awake, number of times you woke up, amount of time spent in bed, time spent in each sleep stage
CorporateWellness program information, including challenges
LogsFood, water, exercise, weight logs
ProfileProfile picture, child accounts, display name, sex, date of birth, age, height, weight, and other account settings
Direct messagesYour conversations in the Fitbit app
Menstrual healthInformation you added to the menstrual health tracking feature in the Fitbit app, including your settings, symptoms, cycle information, and birth control information
Sleep scoreYour sleep scores, including the individual score breakdowns
FriendsA list of your Fitbit friends
SubscriptionsFitbit Premium subscription information
nadivto
First Steps

I've been trying to do this in multiple ways and even contacting support they can't do this for me.

I'm expecting to be able to download all of my GPS activities (exercises) in bulk in either TCX or GPS format.

This is currently only possible todo one by one for each activity, but I have 7 years worth of data and want to be able to request an archive with all of these as GPS activities that I can then examine in other tools.

Neither the 1-month CSV, neither the "full" data archive include the actual activities - they only contain summary stats.

This is ridiculous since these workouts are our own data and we should be able to access them easily (incl. in bulk!)

PhilduLac
First Steps
I completely agree with you. And it's unbelievable that a company like Fitbit who wants to be data driven and very customer centric can't fix this and let their customers in despair about that.
I submitted a request for improvement months ago which has never been followed up so far.

Regards,

Philippe
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.