Fatsecret Integration

I've been tracking my meals for a long time now on fatsecret.com...they have an api that can be utlized to sync to my fitbit...how do I make this happen? http://platform.fatsecret.com/api/

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

35 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Sorry @ash_1985, my comment was just to let you know that if Fatsecret wants to make this integration, they can. Unfortunately, we keep this in mind but we have to prioritize the integrations and we get a lot of requests. You are more than welcome to let them know you would like them to integrate with Fitbit. Hope that's clearer.

ash_1985
Base Runner
How do i let FatSecret know? How do i directly message/email them?
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@ash_1985: they have a contact page.

ash_1985
Base Runner

I left a big message with FatSecret asking them to integrate with FitBit. So we'll see what happens

melberti
First Steps

I have my Fitbit app set up to share data with my Fat Secret calorie app. Those apps sync calories burned and steps, but not weight. I cannot understand why you would not share weight data. I can't imagine too many users who are managing their weight with your app. Most probably use some sort of weight loss app for that purpose.

This is a big miss for these two apps.

Please sync weight data from FatSecret. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @melberti thank you for your comment. I merged it here, since we already have an existing feature suggestion regarding this topic. 

Winelover1
First Steps

No food log integration between FatSecret and Fitbit? Seriously? Major flaw, IMHO

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

dlbolton1968
Jogger

Hello:

I have been using FatSecret for a while as part of my BetterMd Protein Weight Management Plan thru HAP and Henry Ford Hospital.  Please consider adding it you your connection apps group.  Thanks.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.