Fatsecret Integration

I've been tracking my meals for a long time now on fatsecret.com...they have an api that can be utlized to sync to my fitbit...how do I make this happen? http://platform.fatsecret.com/api/

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

35 Comments
Falkens
Jogger

I feel as though they have a large and developed database (including Sweden), which would facilitate and increase the FitBit as the obvious choice app to track their diet and weight

astromek
First Steps

I second Falkens on this one. Their app with barcode scanning and their database is far better for food tracking than the fitbit version. I would love an integration between the two.

HoustonAllie
Jogger

Absolutely, fatsecret has an excellent app.  I will continue to use that but would love to sync it with fitbit. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for this suggestion! While we don't have news on this integration, we'll be sure to post any information we have here. 

nand0l
First Steps

I just the databases of FatSecrect much more than the FitBit one and I use it for ages and it would be nice to import the history in fitbit

melissabales
Recovery Runner

Fatsecret is one of the very best macro level nutrition tools around.    PLEASE consider adding it to your integration so we can pull in from Fatsecret into Fitbit.   Would be a HUGE benefit.   

Richdk
First Steps

FatSecret has an amazing south african food database. If there was only a way to integrate it with the FitBit!

julypena
Jogger

I would love to see the integrating between both apps. FatSecret food database and interfase its way more clean and intuitive than MFP, also, there's not ads. Work on this please. 

ocarter
First Steps

I agree, the Flex needs to syn with Fatsecrete

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fatsecret is hands down the best food db out there -- been tracking food there for years.

Right now I manually enter my calories every day into fitbit (just as a lump sum, not the individual foods since the db is not nearly as comprehensive) and that's kind of a pain.  would be awesome to sync these apps up so I'd only have to enter calories once.

ash_1985
Base Runner

i SOO wanna use FatSecret app to sync to my FitBit! I dont wanna use another app like myfitnesspal, no i wanna use Fatsecret, I've been using this online for yrs now. And its the best food diary there it. Helps keep u on track as to how many kcals u've had to ate. It would so be gd if it were on FitBit.

Kimbychu
Jogger

I agree. I weigh all my food by grams, and the fact that FatSecret has grams as an option for nearly every entry is a godsend. I've tried MyFitnessPal for months, but keep going back to FatSecret, because MFP very rarely has grams as an option, and instead uses volume. (Who does that?) Please, please, add FatSecret as a supported app.

ash_1985
Base Runner
thanks kimby

Hope u put in a vote thingy then, if ur wanting FatSecret [😃]

I dont know why the heck its not even been put up yet as a App on for FitBit [☹]
Swedish
Jogger

Fat secret got the totally best database for Swedish food - please sync it with Fitbit! It would be a revolution among fitness apps.

Mnhr
First Steps

I have noticed that it is possible to sync burned calories from Fitbit into the Fatsecret app, but not the other way around. Fatsecret offers also the best database in The Netherlands, so I will not switch to Fitbitt to keep track of my food intake, but it would be a great progress if the data from Fatsecret can also be synced into Fitbit!

Tsantos2s8
First Steps

Would love it if it could be synced with Fitbit. Also if there was a pregnancy or nursing option.

cawolfe39
Recovery Runner

Add me to the list of those who requested Fatsecret integration. 

tigerlily5963
First Steps

PLEASE include fatsecret for syncing. I have years of data on that app, and I love my fitbit. My watch syncs to my health insurance, but now I have to record food in both places, fatsecret for accuracy and fitbit for insurance purposes. 

Mause79
First Steps

please, add FatSecret as a supported app! 

pedrodias1973
First Steps

Please intergrate the Fatsecret with Fitbit.

Excellent we get to have the calories of the Fitbit exercises in the Fatsecret, now we need to pass the calories of the food and weight of the Fitbit to the Fatsecret

I Love FatSecret and Fitbit 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fatsecret would be able to integrate with us by using our Food logging Web API.

ash_1985
Base Runner
Hi u sent a message to me saying "Fatesecret would be able to integrate with us by using our Web API."

I don't know what u mean by this?

Is it an app?

How do i get it?

Will i be able to transfer my Fatsecret food diary onto FitBit device through this?
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Since it requires technical skills to make this happens, Fatsecret developers would be able to do the integration.

ash_1985
Base Runner
hi,

You said "Since it requires technical skills to make this happens, Fatsecret developers would be able to do the integration."

Sorry i don't know what you mean by this? Do u mean Fatsecret needs to do something about this? Why don't u contact Fatsecret about it?
ash_1985
Base Runner

Sorry i don't know what you mean by this? Do u mean Fatsecret needs to do something about this? Why don't u contact Fatsecret about it? Why not ask FatSecret if they let you use their app on your FitBit watches?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.