Favorite section for recently used Clock Faces

It would be helpful when the settings for a clock face will be remembered even after installing a different clock face. That way, you could occasionally swap the clock face and go back and forward without having to customize it every time. These settings shouldn't have to use too much storage and could be stored on the phone of the user, so that they'll get loaded in as defaults whenever a clock face is installed again after some time.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity.

364 Comments
Mangys
Recovery Runner

Another random idea. To maybe store up to at most 5 clock faces at a time on the watch. Apple watches can do it so can Garmin and Samsung. I use workout clockfaces and daily life clockfaces so i’d Really like to stop searching for a long time just to change between them.

PLS vote

thx.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

BingleyBeep
Jogger

Storing faces on the watch sounds good to me. A bank of, say, 5 slots on the device you could download watch faces into, then switch between them on the device itself when you feel like it. Save wearing out flash memory every time you feel like a change, and you could do it anywhere.

Alternatives:

- same as above, but caching your favourite faces on the phone instead of the device. Not as good, but still better than having to go online to change faces.

- The phone remembering the last 5 faces you installed and having them in a virtual Recent category.

- Having an ‘add to favourites’ button in the browser so you can make a shortlist to choose from.

- Having a Like button so the big list can be ranked by community preference (without the anti-social side effects of ratings or comments).

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Favourites for clock faces a definite requirement now there is so much choice.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree.

From Fitbit, I'd like to see a Recent, Frequent, or Favourites (manual tagging) option here. Someway to sort a shorter list. Also be great to see an option for filtering that master list by feature (i.e. ones that include weather, battery level, etc.).

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Fireresq7 thanks for sharing this, I like the idea of a 'last used' or 'favorites' area. There's also this feature suggestion wanting to store clock faces in the app, which might appeal to you.

If a third party developer removes a clock face, you will be able to keep using said clock face if it's active on your device but if you removed it/changed to another, you wouldn't be able to then get it back. Hope that makes sense. It is currently not possible to 'download them' to use at a future time.

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @bsavarin thanks for sharing. This is a neat idea! I've spoken to the team and this is technically possible, so please vote and comment if you're interested in this feature being developed!

bsavarin
Base Runner

@LizFitbit I'm the one who suggested it, so of course I want it developed!

dragonBTV
Base Runner

It is not as easy as a pop out dialog asking user if they are to keep the settings upon uninstall a watch face.

There should be another section on app Settings to handle those data, otherwise, you know... how may watch faces do we have right now?

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi there, just wondering if it would be a possibility to sacrifice some of the storage allocated for music to store favourite watch faces. For example, while I’m not in the gym or on my bike I like to use a weather orientated face whereas while in the gym I prefer faces that feature active heart rate and other useful stats. While it is a relatively painless process changing the face, finding it in the gallery is a pita and then there’s the added pain of those that need re-authenticating via k-pay. Being able to store and switch between 2 or 3 different faces would be a massive help in my eyes, I expect it would in quite a few others eyes as well. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would love to see the ability to keep multiple watch faces on the Ionic. Count my vote 🙂

Bruce-Success
Base Runner

Do this!!! Each watch face has a unique purpose for what we are doing at that given time of day!!!

kathytn
Runner

I agree.  Pebble use to have them all on the computer (or search from website on your cellphone).  From the computer you could "load" 10 of them to your cellphone app/dashboard.  And then from the cellphone you could just click on which of the 10 stored that you wanted to use.

Cycleguy101
Base Runner

I agree with this idea! I like to switch through favorite watch faces and it is annoying to have to scroll through hundreds to find my few favorites.

Please make this happen.

blazeh10
Recovery Runner

Would be nice to have a library that we can keep our favorite clocks in it.  

sarah_lin8
Hill Runner

Yes, this is a good idea! I looked through the app and clock face gallery yesterday I love them all wouldn't be able to decide on one!

Walkerbunnie
Jogger

I would like to suggest a favorite tab in the clock face section. Or a recently used. As more and more faces are added it will be really hard shuffling through all of them to find your favorites.

My Clock / Favorites / All Clocks

Thank-you for listening

Moderator edit: Labels

Lastchance618
Keeping Pace

I have the ionic and appreciate all the choices. However sometimes I can’t remember the names of the watch face or donI would like to be able to easily switch through my most recently selected watch faces easily.  Maybe the most recent 4 or the ones a user selected could be tracked either in the “my watch” section of the dashboard with the active face checked or alternatively maybe a watch face app which allows a user to switch faces from the watch would be great.  

Lastchance618
Keeping Pace

I have the ionic and appreciate all the choices. However sometimes I can’t remember the names of the watch face or don’t have the time to sift through all the choices.  I would like to be able to easily switch through my most recently selected watch faces easily.  Maybe the most recent 4 or the ones a user selected could be tracked either in the “my watch” section of the dashboard with the active face checked or alternatively maybe a watch face app which allows a user to switch faces from the watch would be great.  

kathytn
Runner

With the Pebble smartwatch (many former employees now at Fitbit), the app on the cellphone had a place to store 10 watch faces.  You could just click on the one you wanted to switch into.  Really simple!  The 1000's of watch faces were also available for viewing on a website on the computer.  You could read the whole description, etc. without downloading the Face.  And, you would take your time "searching" online and then go to the cell and search for the name of the one you wanted and then download.

Rpotter1000
Jogger

I’m a former Pebble customer loving my new Versa! I used to like Pebble’s way of installing watch faces, though. I’m ok with Fitbit only allowing one at a time, but I wish I could at least organize my favorite faces in some way. Sometimes I just want to change to a different face without having to search through all the faces in the gallery again. A wish list or favorites list would be great. 

Moderator Edition Title Update and Labels. 

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Terrafit
Base Runner

I agree, it's very frustrating to set up a face, then try a different one (or 5!) and then have to dig all the way through the store to find the one you had. 

Even if you couldn't store them on the watch, I'd like the ability to favourite faces in the app and save your settings with them so that you can hot-swap to suit yourself. I didn't envisage having to stick with one face or having to spend 5-10 minutes setting them up each time I wanted to swap.

HawkeyeCoffee
Recovery Runner

I agree. Being able to save or at least bookmark Clock Faces to come back to would be extremely helpful. Also, there are a lot of Clock Faces that you have to pay for after a trial period, which is usually disclosed at the very bottom of the app description. Free and Paid should have different sections. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.