Fitbit Ace 2 sms or third party text notifications.

Just bought my son a ace 2 which he is very happy with, however I somehow missed on the feature list that it doesn't recieve any text notifications. The call notification is great, but it would be much more practical to have some text notification.

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner thank you for your excellent suggestion. I have no doubt that others will like this idea.

mikkelmeister
First Steps

Same situation here. We assumed that was a given. Please prioritize this feature. 

Kind regards, Mikkel

LostInSwiss
First Steps

A polite response from the mod. But if you search the forums (when sfdc is not down that is) its clear that all the other polite responses to the same question can also be translated to:

"It ain't gonna happen".

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Motheroftwins12
First Steps
My kids are too young for cell phones. When I send a message to their Ace watch they should be able to read them directly on the watch without the need to have a smartphone.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Motheroftwins12, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to receive third party text notifications on Fitbit Ace trackers. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.