Fitbit Badge for Goal Streaks

I think a badge should be awarded for continuously achieving your daily step goal. For example: Reach your daily step goal every day for an entire week, and receive a badge for your efforts. Increments could be week, month (30 days), and so on. I think this would be a great motivator for those of us who relax on the weekends and can never seem to reach our step goals on Saturday and/or Sunday. This would encourage steppers to keep their step streaks going! Therefore using their fitbit every day and getting as many steps as possible!

Moderator edit: added label

55 Comments
vipoyer
First Steps
I'm now approaching 1,000 consecutive days of 10,000+ steps. Fitbit should definitely have a consecutive days badge. I feel like badges in 5 day or 1 week increments would help a lot of people reach their daily goal ... and the company sell more Fitbits!

Patrick

Sent from my iPhone
Els81
Stepping Up
Ow yeah! Nice job!
Definitely for such an achievement a badge is needed.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @margaretrice56! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

rickterp
Jogger

A friend who uses a different fitness tracker posted in Facebook a badge that he had completed 522 days with at least one exercise activity. Why doesn’t Fitbit provide a badge like that? Even a way of figuring out how many days since you last failed to complete an exercise activity would be great. I take a walk every day without fail and it would be great if I could see what kind of a streak I’ve run up,

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @rickterp. Thanks for sharing this great suggestion about having badge for number of consecutive times that your exercise was completed with us! I'm sure others will love this idea as it'll motivate them to reach their goals. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Matthew24  and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Kennilp
First Steps

It would be really fun if you earned badges for completing your main goal consecutively, I think that it would encourage lots of FitBit users to reach their goals more often and to be proud of it. It would also give users another reason to put on their FitBit each day. I had a streak of 86 days, and the longer it grew the more motivated I was to keep it going. I developed a healthy habit of taking long walks and watching T.V. while walking on the treadmill. I think other users will enjoy this greatly.

user74
Recovery Runner

Hey there,

Totally agree about this feature. It's similar to something that Garmin has, and it works great there in my opinion.

Btw, me and my team have developed a Machine Learning chatbot that does the analysis of your health data to find insights in it (itslili.com). One of the features in the future is also the "badge" one, as you described above.

It's currently in public beta and I would love if you would be interested to try it out. Let me know if you are interested and let's get in touch.

Have a good day!

Žan

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Kennilp, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to earn badges when you hit your goals. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here. Keep adding these suggestions.

Corr
Sprinter

If Garmin can do it, Fitbit can do it too!

It's a very motivational feature, it makes you squeeze out those extra steps at the end of the day.

JessicaVT
Jogger

I have made 10,000 every day for over 5 years.  Now I am getting a message that pops up that says congrats on making your goal for 15 days (or whatever). This message is the opposite of reinforcing.  There should definitely be a badge for making your step goal commulative days.

the_mapper
First Steps
I would love to have badges for consecutive days of reaching 10k steps (or maybe just hitting your goal). Streaks keep me motivated to do something, as I lose interest if I miss a day. I have a streak of 962 days straight of hitting 10k steps and know that earlier on, having badges to help hit some goals would've been helpful to stay at it.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Matthew24. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having badge for goal streaks with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. The status of this request has been updated as "Under Consideration", so don't forget to add your vote to show your support! To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Hugo1
Recovery Runner
I like how my fitbit celebrates when i close my goal each day but i struggle to find motivation to close it for weeks and months. Why not introduce something like ”streaks” where i get a medal if i close my goal 7 days in a row or monthly challenges based on last months data.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Hugo1, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to get a  Fitbit Badge for Goal Streaks. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around

theonlystiz
First Steps

I agree that this is a very important aspect to maintaining and motivating. When is Fitbit going to add Streaks as a feature and in addition to that when will they add badges for streaks? 30 days, 60 days, 1 year, etc. This is a necessity and the community has spoken. Is this in the works with Fitbit software? If not, moving to another platform may be necessary. 

Convince me to stay with Fitbit. 

-Stiz

Darwinsail
Jogger
Create a way to register the day step streak achievements Create a way to register the day step streaks so one can follow the progress on increasing the day step streaks
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Darwinsail, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Fitbit Badge for Goal Streaks. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

Sharonalondon
Base Runner

Great idea. This would be so motivating. Could also be an idea for a challenge

Aaronhs
First Steps

I recommend a badge for the number of months in a row of achieving you goal

TurtleMum2007
Jogger
A badge for streak options; for completing all goals for so many days, consecutively.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TurtleMum2007, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a Fitbit Badge for Goal Streaks. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Darwinsail
Jogger

Thanks! Is the ere a timeframe to when we will have or not the trophy or badge for goal step streaks?

Darwinsail
Jogger

I don't understand why the developers didn't implement this so easy task. It will be a cool addition to stimulate to continue using Fitbit

Darwinsail
Jogger

add day step streak as one badge or trophy

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.