Fitbit Badge for Goal Streaks

I think a badge should be awarded for continuously achieving your daily step goal. For example: Reach your daily step goal every day for an entire week, and receive a badge for your efforts. Increments could be week, month (30 days), and so on. I think this would be a great motivator for those of us who relax on the weekends and can never seem to reach our step goals on Saturday and/or Sunday. This would encourage steppers to keep their step streaks going! Therefore using their fitbit every day and getting as many steps as possible!

Moderator edit: added label

55 Comments
margaretrice56
Stepping Up

I was so excited to see other people asking for a 'streak' tile to the Dashboard.  I 100% agree and think that would totally motivate me to avoid pit fall days.  Seeing how many days I've gone prioritizing exercise and hitting my goal would be really great. 

In addition, I would like to recommend a STREAK CHALLENGE.  You could have so much fun with the graphics of this challenge and it could be very motivating for Fitbit users.  I know my sister and I would love it! I assuming it's technically possible, but each day someone signed up for the challenge met their goal, they could receive a Fitbit message with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.  The challenge would continue until one person had more consecutive days than their participating Fitbit Friends. 

Thank you for the consideration,

Margaret R.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels & updated subject for clarity

KevinjWells8
Recovery Runner
Great idea. It would be nice to have a challange winning record as well.
dbz918
Stepping Up

I love this idea! It's nice to have those individual days in which you hit all the metrics but one day is only one day - add the Streak feature and challenge to this and you're going to see this become a lifeSTYLE and not a single day's Big Win.

Tsun4mi7
Jogger

I'd love to see streaks implemented too, I'm on a 34 day streak (meeting my step goal) and it would be a great inspiration for others too.

Active alerts when you hit your personal best streaks etc would be great too!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@margaretrice56 This idea is awesome! Not only is it competitive, but it also pushes people to reach their own personal goals. I will be sure to share your feature request with the rest of our team.

Thanks for posting on the Feature Request Board!

Nrg602
Jogger
Badges should be made for hitting goal streak!
Lyuba
Jogger
I would like to see a week long "meet your goal" challenge. The meter for each name would show the current day's progress and a number to indicate how many days' goals were met so far.

This is really important to me personally bc i gave my family FBs but I get 24k steps a day and they get 2-4K steps a day. Running a "Goal Day" challenge every day is a pain and if I join their work week challenge I blow the "bell curve" out of the water.

I'd also like to see a family page where (with their permission) you can see how your fam and friends are doing without a comparison like in a challenge.

And, of course, I'd like more challenge slots or at least an even number bc often I have to wait for a challenge individual to sync before that challenge is complete and the slot is available.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this idea! I really like this idea. This badge can help you to stay motivated and focused on hitting your goals. I wanted to encourage you to keep on voting so this idea can be more visible for our development team.

I hope to see this idea implemented soon! 🙂 

pbemerk
Jogger

As a lapsed personal trainer I can say that every bit of encouragement and motivation are vital to the "fitness seeker". Heck to be honest I just bought this Blaze to help motivate me to get back at it after a killer year of sitting studying to become a physical therapist assistant. This would be great as well as the mentioned else where "move now" notifications.

Krissy-
First Steps
And streak challenges!!
Willz
First Steps
I would love to see badge for multiple goals say for steps, kms, calories and active minutes. And make it challenges as well, but for people to encourage one another not just to win.Every night my sister inlaw and I screenshot all our green lines. Just to keep us accountable for our days works and to help keep us motivated and encourage us to push ourselves. Especially for woman to help promote healthy living rather then competition factor.
Willz
First Steps
Encouragement awards
Seanbaran
Jogger
Yes and yes!! My wife has made goal everyday for nearly a year and still going and I will be 6 months straight today. We keep track on our own but it would be awesome if it could be done in the app. They already do it for challenges now please do it for all the time!!!!
margaretrice56
Stepping Up

Yes! Yes! Yes!  I've been asking about a 'Streak' badge AND challenge for over a year.  It is the one thing my Fibbit Application is missing.  I like Matthew24's idea of starting at one week and then moving to 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, etc.

I 'left' my Fitbit for one year to try the Apple Watch and have been 'back' for 30 days (and a 30 day streak...).  The reason I came back was I really like the Dashboard and the Competitions with my friends and family.  I was disappointed to see that that a streak counter had not been added yet and am hopeful we'll have it soon.

JeremyKz
First Steps
There should be a way to pre-enter what your work week is, because not everyone works Mon-Fri. Maybe you would only be able to adjust it once a month, to keep people from adjusting to win a challenge. Or else have a custom challenge option, so if a group of people all worked Sun-Thurs there could be a challenge that would work.
AmandaMac
Jogger

I came here just to submit this idea!! I am on a 20+ day streak of meeting my goal and I am trying to motivate friends to do the same. It is a pain doing the Goal Day challenge everyday. I would love to have a Goal Streak Challenge that keeps going and going and the first day someone doesnt hit their goal they are out. The last remaining person wins. You could also give people the option of setting a time limit for the challenge for 1 week, 1 month, etc.

sacoomba
First Steps

Some great ideas here already, but a streak counter, badge and challenge function should be implemented - it's what keeps people using it on the long term, and would help people to stay engaged with the device and their fitness.

No greater motivator to me with the Fitbit has been keeping a streak alive. This should be acknowledged at the very least by a badge, but even more so, a premium should be attributed to this behaviour entirely as it encourages a healthier lifestyle, and a regular notification of "how many days" should be developed (I had to manually count my step history to know when I was approaching a landmark number, 100, 200, 300 etc.). It already exists during the weekly challenges, so it shouldn't be too difficult to code in on a personal level.

I just passed one whole year (366 days, it was a leap year!) of 10,000 steps each day and have a friend who is in the 400+ days and counting. These achievements deserve recognition from the device, as well as a way to promote your achievement socially and visually, if the individual is that way inclined. As a designer, I'd happily design the badges myself!

Make it so, Fitbit!

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Great ideas. I'm totally on board with this too. I've also submitted some ideas regarding awards, challenges, adventures...

Check them out, tell me what you think.

GershonSurge
Cross-Country Runner

I'd like to see this, too. The badges could be based on gestation days for different animals.

vipoyer
First Steps

I'm approaching 500 consecutive days of 10,000+ steps. Fitbit should definitely have a consecutive days badge. I feel like badges in 5 day or 1 week increments would help a lot of people reach their daily goal ... and the company sell more Fitbits!

WillowLange
Jogger

Just adding another voice to the cause! Please! A badge for consecutive goal days! I am coming up on a year and I am so excited! But I have committed to this and would loveeee a badge proving I did it! 

katiemsp
Jogger

More badge options and challenges please! I've been using my fitbit since 2015 and have all the badges I could possibly earn. I guess you max out on fitbit badges at a certain mileage or something. The fitbit challenges are honestly just BORING now. Last year, I switched over to virtual races (vrc.com, yes.fit, stepbet, etc.) with my friends so we could stay motivated and reach our step goals which has helped. I just use my fitbit as a step tracker to sync with these other apps now. Get with it fitbit. Long term users need things to encourage us and to stay motivated!

bhavpat
Jogger

I was just going to suggest this! I'm highly achievement oriented and am really self-competitive. I noticed that I'd reached my step goal for two weeks in a row, kept going and now I'm almost 50 days in...with the goal of getting to 100 days. If I had a badge that showed me my longest streak, I would know to work towards it to beat it. I know I can manually go back and look at the timeline but then I'd have to count the days to see my already longest streak instead of just having the number already populated for me.

I've been thinking about this for a while now so I'd love to see this happen! 

KValentine
Jogger

Please do this! I think this would help turn short term competitions into true habits and long term lifestyle changes! It would open up competitions between people of different fitness levels. Give mall-walking Grandma a chance to crush her grandkid who's a weekend ultramarathoner but a weekday couch potato!

Els81
Stepping Up

I was challenged to do at least 10000 steps each day in 2018 and managed to do do. Was I disappointed to see no badge occurred reaching this goal. For my job I sit a lot so I really had to do a lot of effort to reach my goal every day. 

So: a badge or congrats mail or so would be great!!!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.