Fitbit Journal - Notes on online and app dashboard

How about a space in the app for a daily note. I would like to be able to leave a note on the daily results page. So that if results are high or low I would know why when looking back. IE: was I sick so my daily results were very low or were they extra good and for what reason? In sure folks would have lots of reasons to look back at results and would want to know what was what at that time. Ted

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

726 Comments
kbucket
Recovery Runner

Agreed.

cops02
First Steps

You can track your mood on the Journal page on the website. 

fallon805
Recovery Runner

can you direct me to where the Journal page is? I can't find it. thank you!

mcl98
First Steps

I have the flex, and would love the oppportunity to add notes to my IOS app.

Moman126
Base Runner

It would be nice if the Journal page was available on the mobile apps.

Moman126
Base Runner

This feature is available on the Journal page on the web dashboard. Adding this feature to the mobile apps would give you the note capability you requested.

generous
Jogger

Is it on the One?  I can't find it anywhere.   Thanks

Nutrifit
First Steps
I'd like to be able to add a note to my sleep log. So I can say if feel rested, had too much coffee the day before. So I can just journal or comment on why I feel my sleep was good or bad.
Opivali
Jogger
This website talks about how sleep tracking app's and devices should work.
Lorneputnam
Recovery Runner

would like to have the Mood/Journal option added to the app

Moderator edit: added labels and edited title for clarification 

peterhum
First Steps

Hi

Could you provide a means to add a note about an exercise session after it's complete? For instance I've just been for a run and would like to note that it was 27C and my right calf was tender. Helps put my times in perspective and reminds me of how an injury has progressed.

Cheers

kschaum
First Steps

It would be really helpful if there was an ability to add notes to each day in the app.  For example, last week I flew cross country for work making it harder to achieve my daily step and mileage goals.  It would have been nice to log that comment in so that it helped "explain" the lower daily totals that day. This feature could be used to record a variety of things that made that day "different" contributing to either positive or negative results. Seems like an easy addition- just a section to add open comments for the day.

LaurenElysia
Recovery Runner

Please enable mood tracking in the app. I think this data would be invaluable in seeing the impact activities has on mood. Like most people, I almost use the app on my phone, and not the browser dash because it is so much more convenient.

It looks like there are a number of duplicate/similar request for this, any chance they could be consolodated into one request? 

Nevermore1
Keeping Pace

It would be nice to have a place to enter notes in general.  For instance I was sick and spent most of this weekend in bed.  As far as I am aware there is no place for me to make note of that on the dashboard, it would be nice to be able to so that if I were to look back in a few weeks there would be a reminder as to why I only had a few hundred steps for a day or two.

fitperson
Stepping Up

I have bought a new fitbit flex and I cant find the diary where you are supposed to be able to record your mood; Also rest and relaxation meditation is as important as being active are you going to inclide an app for that? . A half hours meditation a day is a life saver

emilymn
First Steps

It would also be interesting to see graphically how mood (ranked 1 through 5 for instance) correlates with steps, food, heart rate, sleep, etc.  Do more steps result in a better mood (or vice versa)?  Does meeting your food goals result in a better mood (or vice versa)? This could even allow you to set reminders to do better in these categories because of a historic tendency for mood to be affected by them.  Just a thought...

Manson
Jogger

I would like an area to post notes on how I felt during that days excercise and I am also a diabetic and would like to make notes on my glucose readings and insulin taken that day. All this information would be useful to me and my doctor.

Manson
Jogger

Seriously how difficult could it be to put a note

@Manson wrote:

I would like an area to post notes on how I felt during that days excercise and I am also a diabetic and would like to make notes on my glucose readings and insulin taken that day. All this information would be useful to me and my doctor.

@Manson wrote:

block in the dashboard section of the program?

Simco
Jogger

it would be helpful to have a free text box on the dashboard so that we can individualize our space.  For example, some people might be looking to log their thoughts/feelings others may be trying to cut down on a certain item, others motivational quotes... whatever it is, would be nice it we could log it and truly make our dashboards our own.

lrwalker
Recovery Runner

I agree, e.g. "stayed in bed all day with flu" or "swam and hiked today" or "had acupuncture -- became a zombie" are typical notes I'd like to add.

JPW3
First Steps

Can a comment section be added to the log / dashboard that allowed a user to say that they were sick, travelling, injured, etc.  That might help remind them why their activity log, food log, sleep log varied from normal entries?

JPW3
First Steps

Can a comment section be added to the log / dashboard that allowed a user to say that they were sick, travelling, injured, etc.  This might help remind a user why their activity log, food log, sleep log varied from normal entries?

Scott_
Base Runner

Could not agree more. Would be handy to explain days when my steps were out of the ordinary for one reason or another — high or low.

musicreporter
Recovery Runner

Can we add NOTES in the Log weight section?

would help when we sometimes weigh with clothes, shoes, and without, or time of day, etc

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.