Fitbit Journal - Notes on online and app dashboard

How about a space in the app for a daily note. I would like to be able to leave a note on the daily results page. So that if results are high or low I would know why when looking back. IE: was I sick so my daily results were very low or were they extra good and for what reason? In sure folks would have lots of reasons to look back at results and would want to know what was what at that time. Ted

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

726 Comments
HendoRox
First Steps
I have had a Charge HR since March 2015 and use the app on my iPhone.

I have been tracking my workouts or runs, but would like some way (possibly a notes field) to enter details of what I have completed as part of that session to optimise my sessions in the future.

Cheers.
mom-to-4
Jogger

I was just about to post this same request.  I have the Fitbit Flex.  I am currently training for a 1/2 marathon and would really like to be able to rate, or make a note about how each run went.  I have always used the Nike app to record (and rate) my runs, but since linking my fitbit for my nutritionalist to see, I want to record everything through Fitbit.  I have some runs that feel brutal, while others are effortless and I could run for hours.  If there was some way to record which runs were hard, I could perhaps find a correlation between sleep, prior activity, food, weather, etc.  I know fitbit has the journal on the website, but I don't track my runs with my laptop--it would be most convenient to have this feature where you track your activity on the app.  Also, it would allow me to make a note if I stopped to talk with a friend or neighbor I saw out on my route--the Nike app automatically paused your workout/pace/time and have found out the fitbit tracker does not have this capability.

Thanks 🙂

pjs2005
Jogger

This is somthing that I would like to see, for the website and app.

mom-to-4
Jogger

I completely agree!  I used to use the Nike app to log my runs, but I want everything synced with Fitbit.  There are some days that are easier than others and it would be nice to go back and see if there are any correlations with diet, sleep, weather, etc, on those brutal runs versus the easier ones.  I also wouldn't mind being able to note if I had to stop for traffic, talked to a neighbor, or had to stop or slow my pace for any reason since the fitbit GPS tracker doesn't automatically pause your workout (like the Nike app)...or, maybe just add the automatic pause feature to the fitbit GPS tracker. 🙂 

KRun
First Steps
Hello Fellow Runner,
You are so right! All of those things are important for runners to note! Thanks for supporting my idea for future improvements! Fingers crossed they listen. Thanks so much!
TexasBlueBonnet
First Steps

I understand.

If I am at a restaurant, I just log the food in after checking their website for calories and fats. If they are not a chain restaurant, I do have to estimate the food. As one Chili's manager said, "Most people wanting to loose weight are not going out to restaurants. You go out to a restaurant to enjoy food and not worry about the calories or fats." Still, we all like to attend events with co-workers, friends, and family out at a restaurant without announcing that we are on a "special diet." What gives us away is when we are meddling with our phones inputting all the info before we leave an event we make ourselves a bit obvious.

Well, when using the android FitBit app, I do go in and edit the food items for the portion size I eat not what is previously set.

As for a notation about the food log? I don't see how that will help you or others. What are you going to do with the notes in the long run? How will that help you when you get your summary at the end of the week, month or on the app itself? Is this to just appease your conscious mind some way? As long as you are loosing weight, reshaping your body, building muscle, and feeling better, be ok with what you did for the day. Live a little. Avoid micromanaging so so much. It will help you sleep better. 🙂  

Q: Do you know how to input food or log previous days that you have forgotten to log? If so, I have two days this week my mobile phone charge was misplaced and my dongle was at home, so I did not log my food. I am now trying to log it into the computer. Thanks if you know.

6d6f
Stepping Up
I'm a new user and so mood tracking / journal isn't available to me. The feature would be very useful to me personally for tracking depression symptoms and I've seen a lot of comments in forums lamenting the loss of the feature. Please consider restoring mood tracking to all customers and add a logging option to the app.
Moman126
Base Runner
They could add a title feature so you could categorize your entries (Meals, Lunch, Exercise, mood, etc) similar to what is used on the Loseit! app.
Moman126
Base Runner
From the main dashboard page, click on Log, then the Journal tab.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would also like a "notes" or "journal" tile for my desktop computer.  How do I add a "note" tile to the desktop?  (Not mobile phone.)

JDenton1
First Steps
I love the workout ability that the surge has and how it can my workouts. I would like to be able to add in things like (legs, arms, chest, or back) to track kinda what I do through the weeks. This could also open it to friends commenting on your activities.
genidma
Recovery Runner

I concur. This is a great idea for many different reasons. 

• Get rid of paper and pen and/or any other app being used to track the details related to workouts. 
  • Can start with a free-form text field and then move towards menus. 
  • This idea could evolve a bunch of ways. There could be an entire section for tracking weights related workouts. 
mlovegrove
First Steps

Hi!

I also wanna post about how great it would be to have a feature on the app where you could log your mood. This can then be compared to the quality of sleep had and how active you have been throughout the day. this would be such a great addition to the app and would give the fitbit more of a holistic wellness approach! 

cheers

Moman126
Base Runner
From the desktop dashboard tap on Log, then Journal. Let me know if you still need help with this.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I odn't have "journal" under the log.  Food, activities, weight, and sleep.  No jounral.  Where do I find journal?

Ldkmont
First Steps

I've seen some comments on this that it used  to be a feature.  I would really like to be able to take notes on my sleep, a 'comments' or 'notes' area would help me be able to see a pattern to work toward preventing restless sleep patterns, etc.  

fiona_a
First Steps

I would love to see an ability to add in what i was doing when i recorded steps in my Fitbit app.

For example, I went to disneyworld and walked miles, I would like to be able to tag that day's activity and say what I did, similar to a diary, or maybe I went hiking and walked a long way - knowing what I did historically might make me make better choices in future and also will give me a record of my activity diary 

pnolans
First Steps

I too would like to see a note/comment section... E.G.  "two weeks of low activity due to surgery recovery"

Mmcc
Recovery Runner
It would be good to add a small journal entry to include things such a why my steps were not as high as usual or forgotten to wear my Fitbit. Other things I would personally add would be how I performed in my sport to see if there is any difference in performance based on my previous day activities amoungst other things.
mlovegrove
First Steps

Hi!

It would be great to have a feature on the app where you could log your mood. This can then be compared to the quality of sleep had and how active you have been throughout the day. this would be such a great addition to the app and would give the fitbit more of a holistic wellness approach! 

cheers

drbm
First Steps
I would really like to add more info to the exercise log. For example if I log a Workout I get all the HR and step data but I would like to add a section makes notes or add descriptions to the workout.
In a workout I might run, do squats and push-ups or pull-ups. I want to be able to track what I did in each workout.

Agreed. It would be very useful to be able to add a note, even if just a simple note for each day, to record pertinent things that help explain the stats, but otherwise get forgotten about. e.g anything unusual I was doing that day, how many times I got up during the night, whether I forgot to put on or charge the tracker etc.     

Just found that there is a journal facility, to add notes for each day, but there doesn't seem to be any way to access it from the menu system.  You have to go direct to:  https://www.fitbit.com/journal

JDBarlow
Stepping Up

I would like this too. Shouldn't be that big of a deal to add.

Thane
First Steps

Agreed. A field to add Mood would be great.  PErhaps Smiley face and a free text field?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.