Fitbit Journal - Notes on online and app dashboard

How about a space in the app for a daily note. I would like to be able to leave a note on the daily results page. So that if results are high or low I would know why when looking back. IE: was I sick so my daily results were very low or were they extra good and for what reason? In sure folks would have lots of reasons to look back at results and would want to know what was what at that time. Ted

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

726 Comments
Ootakamoku
Recovery Runner

Right now its only possible to add text notes to those activities created from the dashboard, not those recorded from the wristband. Would be nice if one could add notes also to recorded activities. In itself its a full fledged useful feature, but it also serves as a stopgap for many other recording wishes users have. For example if someone wants to be able to record at what altitude one was training, or how they were feeling on the day of the training, or maybe record place where they were training, etc.

tmspears14
Jogger

I would like to be able to comment on the day's activities in a comment box - e.g., Fitbit was being charged or out of power, forgot to put it back on after the shower, things like that.  Or even that I was working on the house (I'm renovating and that involves lifting, painting, etc., that don't show up on the log).  Also, if I don't notice my battery is dying when I head off to work (12-hour shifts), I get shafted for that day's steps and when I look back, it looks like I was a slacker that day.  Since I share this info with my dietician and doctor, it would be helpful to have notes so I can see what was really going on if I'm questioning low or high step counts.

Dhknitter
First Steps

Diary would also help when I forget the Fitbit attached to a charger in the car.  Get into work and don't have time to run out and get it. No could add in what I did, so I would know I did get up and move that day even if steps are not recorded.

Unlimited1
First Steps

Yep a notes section on the dashboard would of real value!!

blueview1901
Jogger

There needs to be a way to add notes to exercise.....weather, where the run was etc.

RGGA
First Steps

Adding text would be the best improvement you could make to the app. I'd love to be able to add weather conditions, road/trail conditions, how I felt, etc.

stev180
First Steps
Hi, I think it would be a great idea to be able to add notes on your mobile app every day that get uploaded to computer when you sync. (Optional to add notes)

This feature would be great to have as you can remember why you achieved targets and what you did that day.

Please add any other benefits that this would bring to Fitbit users.

Thank you
JimiD
Jogger

I like this idea. Many fitness authors suggest journaling as an important part of a person's experiences that lead to fitness. Therefore, I'd like to expand on the idea above and suggest including a Journaling box on each of the four Log pages so that when entering information on that page, comments can be added to enrich the log entry. I know this requires more storage cost for FitBit, but if the box were just plain text and had, say, a 250 word limit, the added storage should not be too much.

RonDeg
First Steps
I completely agree and believe this would be a great addition
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

If Fitbit had something like notes or mood tracking, it would be the perfect tracker!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes, this would be great!

nerdykat
Jogger

Totally agree with Nevermore1 - today, for example, I am down sick, and I would like to be able to note that on my workout so that I am not wondering later why I didn't have as many steps or burn as many calories as usual.  A general Notes entry point would be great for a lot of us.  THANKS!

sentish
Jogger
Continue to agree that a small Notes entry on the exercise screen would be helpful.
Wooferpie
First Steps

I use my Fitbit HR exclusively for running and tracking distance/heart rate.  My performance can vary quite a lot depending on temperature, humidity, sun, rain, wind, etc.  Every time I synch and log my activity I find myself wishing that there a place to record that information for each activity.  Seems like such a simple add but it would really be useful for me.

RD2
Stepping Up

I would also like add comments to workouts, like Runkeeper allows.  Any news on this?

RD2
Stepping Up

I add comments to Runkeeper workouts a lot, especially when an activity I do does not match exactly what is available on the app or Fitbit, or to make a note to myself when looking back at certain workouts. 

Surely, this is being added soon?  This comment thread has more "Like" votes than any I have seen on the last 6 pages of comments - must mean something...

BigTex3G
First Steps

Here is another vote for a note or comment section. Had a medical procedure today and was told to rest for the next 24 hours. Need a way to explain the lack of steps / activity.

CstleQ
First Steps
It would be better to be able to look back at notes and see what moods trigger what exercise and eating behaviors
itsmewa
Base Runner

I would also love a note sections. I like to keep track of laps done, or if I walked with a friend....making my time slower...

It would be nice if you could edit the Sleep....to NAP, for when you nod off in the middle of the day. 

geekgal
Jogger

please add a notes text box i can associate per day and/or per workout. this will allow me to notate if i did a race event, or reached a milestone, or had an injury that day and didn't work out. would be nice to choose if i want to share the info with friends or not.

SteveMarshall
Recovery Runner

@Ootakamoku wrote:

Right now its only possible to add text notes to those activities created from the dashboard, not those recorded from the wristband....

Yes please, for example "Workout", "weights", etc, could be various, where notes would make actual activity readable and renaming would be good also, as I do Parkour/freerunning to.

I thought this suggestion would have had more votes !

Maybe Fitbit, has a bit to go to attract users ?

Andrea_Malone28
Recovery Runner
Once an exercise has been logged and synced with the app, allow users to customise and update the title/name so that it can be recognised more easily.

I.e. A Free Run logged could be amended to the user nickname for the route - "10k Broxburn Canal Route".
jennic1220
First Steps
I was wondering if there could be a feature added to allow making a note to a completed workout. Example: Adding the workout program used.
kcsmith213
First Steps

I agree, a diary or journal feature would be ideal.

I travel a lot for work, and this definitly has an impact on fitness and well being, dealing with time changes and business dinners.  

I would like to be able to review these types of events in relation to my fitness goals.  

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Shoestring45 I believe this is some basic stuff. It is a really good idea, as you suggested, as users will be able to type in a note for them to remember some kind of special condition or situation that happened that day. Then, you will be able to go back through the days and see the note and relate it with the data tracked. Hopefully this will be implemented in the future. I will love to have something like that too. Keep voting! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.