Fitbit Pay - Bank of Novia Scotia (Scotiabank)

Please add Scotiabank (The Bank of Nova Scotia) to the Fitbit Pay app! It is already available via Android Pay, no reason Fitbit cannot do the same!

198 Comments
Brennerdi
First Steps

I would love to see Scotiabank added to this!

Brennerdi
First Steps

Scotiabank would be wonderful for my fiance and myself. We use Scotiabank for everything. 🙂

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please. Already use it with Android Pay, but would love to use Fitbit Pay. 

Helix2224
First Steps

Yes please! Scotiabank would be a great add!

EricGagnon
First Steps

Please add Scotiabank. I have ApplePay, but would much prefer to use Fitbit.

Helix2224
First Steps

Adding my vote in for Scotiabank! I would really see this addition. Don't want to have to pull my phone or card out all the time to pay

BuckMelanoma
Jogger

Fitbit and Scotiabank, get with the 21st century and lets get the app out, you need to move quicker than you are.

Jfharel
Stepping Up

Please add scotiabank ...

smlopezz
First Steps

Please add scotiaScotto Google pay

smlopezz
First Steps

Please add scotiaScotto Fitbit pay

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Cyllene
Stepping Up

??  This looks like a template answer.  This isn't a new feature that needs to be developed, right? 

Fitbit pay already exists.  We want Fitbit to approach Scotiabank in Canada showing the support behind convincing Scotiabank to add Fitbit pay to their suite of accepted payment types. 

Kayla68234
First Steps

Hi there,

I recently bought a fitbit versa SE and was very disappointed to find out that scotiabank is not supported for fitbit pay. Please please make this happen! Considering returning my versa if this doesnt change 😕 

BuckMelanoma
Jogger

I guess if they don't add Scotiabank then I will consider getting rid of my Ionic.  Great to have tons of apps and market it in such a way that piques your interest only to find out that apps are limited when it comes to Canadians.  Of course if it said on the box limited apps for Canadians then we wouldn't buy.

Jason1210
First Steps

The whole reason i opted for the special edition was for the cool feature of NFC payment. Come to find out you guys only support the least common bank.. Please hop on the scotiabank train asap!!! 

kevs22
Jogger

Please please please add Scotiabank ! 

Canada is a huge country, how come only two banks are on the list ! 

Thank you 🙏🏼 😬

mannysolis_ab
Jogger

Please add Scotiabank or Tangerine. I will buy versa once that happens.

SarahGerri
First Steps

Yess! I would love to have Scotiabank on Fitbit Pay!

rdunbaredge
Recovery Runner

Scotiabank, please

TycoonMacGuffin
First Steps

I just bought the Versa yesterday with the intention of using Fitbit Pay with Scotiabank and was very disappointment it was not available. I suppose I should have done my homework first on this and realized it, but I assumed it would have had almost as many banks linked to it as Google Pay or Apple Pay. It seems silly to me that they only launched this feature in Canada with 1 bank available (RBC), they should have waited to have a few more. $50 more for the special edition and what do we get? A simple extra band you could get for $10 on Amazon? I wish they could have just integrated the Apple/Google Pay into the device instead of making their own system.

+1 vote for Scotia to be added

Jc78
First Steps

Yes please add Scotiabank to fitbit pay. Please and thank you. 

Moon12
First Steps

Under consideration since July and nothing til now? I bought versa SE for the fitbit pay and didn't imagine that Scotiabank would not be covered. And Scotiabank is not a small bank either. It's available in all the other pay things. Why not fitbit pay? What's the reason for the delay? I'm gonna return my versa because it looks like this won't happen any time soon.

BuckMelanoma
Jogger

This is typical of an american company.  Market and promote the features of a product to Canadians to get our money and then not deliver since our population is about 1/10th the size.  What a rip off!

DiSkO
Jogger

I posted 9 months ago and there has been zero movement on this topic!!!  

Seriously FitBit, why aren't you listening to your customers!!!!  I've had to steer about 20 people away from getting a FitBit Ionic because we can't use all of the features! 

Can you at least tell us the status of this request?!?   Are you at least trying to add Scotiabank? 

I used to LOVE my fitbit, my next smartwatch will most likely be something else because of this.  I've been very patient, and nothing from you.  This is how tech companies fail.  Not listening to you loyal customers! 

Moon12
First Steps

Just called customer support to see if fitbit has any plans to add more Canadian banks and the answer was NO CURRENTLY NOT RIGHT NOW. Really fitbit? I can't believe this. What's this forum for if you're not gonna listen to us? I can't even return this good for nothing product because fitbit won't take it unless there's a hardware defect.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.