Fitbit Pay - Bank of Novia Scotia (Scotiabank)

Please add Scotiabank (The Bank of Nova Scotia) to the Fitbit Pay app! It is already available via Android Pay, no reason Fitbit cannot do the same!

198 Comments
gotaf1tbitnow
First Steps

would like to see scotiabank part of the program!!

ashleyymchelle
First Steps

I'm hoping that Scotiabank will be added in ASAP. I paid extra to receive the NFC feature and have been waiting on the addition of other Canadian Banks. By the time a new bank is added in the versa will be out of date and I will have paid the extra cost for no reason. Hurry it up Fitbit... At this rate I'll have to go with Apple for my next smartwatch.

SurinaMarie
First Steps
I 100% agree with you here. I will certainly not be buying another Fitbit
after going through the issues I had, having them send me a refurb to
replace it (after owning the new one for just two months), AND my watch
being outdated by the time I am ever able to use the extra features... I
used to love Fitbit and now I'm starting to look at Samsung watches.

--
Surina
Osztermky
First Steps

Why hasn't this happen yet? this was one of the main reasons I spent the little extra and got the fitbit ionic.

Scmiller83
First Steps

d) All of the above. 

I agree Scotiabank and fitbit!!

CJones1980
First Steps

I also paid the extra cash for the payment feature but it's not set up for Scotiabank.  Please work on that asap!!  Thank you 

chaulkt22
First Steps

Yes please! I am itching to be able to use my watch to pay for things!

Thanks in advance,

Tristan

mannysolis_ab
Jogger

Such a shame...I would buy this watch on black Friday if it had payment through Scotia 

DBalderson
First Steps

Fitbit; 1 year ago the original comment was put up here. Almost 100 likes and multiple comments requesting you guys add Scotiabank as a bank to choose from in Canada. Now is as good as time as ever before Christmas to have this feature added!

I have the fitbit ionic and I've reached out before regarding adding another Canadian bank! 

Cheers

gibsonbradley
First Steps

I am now noticing that many of the posts that I have been seeing regarding this issues are from 2017.......clearly Fitbit is more then willing to sell Canadian a product that is not usable in Canada!!!! Way to Go Fitbit.......continue collecting your sales but it will not be from me again!!!! Trumped again!!! 

Glass99
Recovery Runner

Adding my name to the group requesting this feature. Just purchased a special edition charge 3 and hoping to use Fitbit pay with scotoabank in Canada. Please update soon as your competitors have this available on their platform. 

Triptoph
Jogger

Fitbit was pretty great at health stuff but I've decided to try an Android Wear watch, and this complete lack of support in this area was the major factor.  

Cyllene
Stepping Up

FITBIT:  Canada only has a handful of major banks, and adding them would cover probably 80% of the population!  We've got:  Scotiabank (Bank of Nova Scotia), Bank of Montreal, Canadian Imperial Bank of Canada (CIBC), Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), Toronto-Dominion (TD)

That's it!  That's all!  THERE ARE ONLY FIVE.  And all 5 fall into the world's top 100 largest banks. Scotiabank is the 45th largest in the world.

You have added RBC, "Brim Financial", and ATB.  So only one useful one.  ATB isn't a bank, and it's regional (only in Alberta), so most Canadians can't use it.  I had to google Brim Financial as I'd never even heard of it, and what I read made me turn around and run away.  You should probably drop them. 

I considered getting a card from RBC, because...  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!  But even so, why should I be forced to get another CC, which affects my credit rating, and adds an extra monthly bill to remember to pay on time, so also more work for me?

When we scroll down and see all the US banks and trusts (99 listed to-date!), it's like you're telling us in Canada that we're not worth the time and effort to bother adding 4 more banks, all among the world's top 100.  Put someone onto this for a few days, add these banks, and show Canada that you don't consider us second-rate.  We paid for the extra feature, and you're not holding up your end of the deal.

envase82
First Steps

Add Scotiabank to Fitbit pay. 

This is unacceptable for Canadian customers!

Frotle
Stepping Up

A major reason that I waited for the Charge 3 Special Edition was for the NFC payment. 
No support for Scotiabank really throws a wrench in this feature.

Sandrah12
Jogger

My vote for Scotiabank!!!! I would really like to know if Fitbit will be adding them otherwise I want to get the Fitbit I liked iriginally without the payment option. I upgraded it for this reason 

ShanerO
First Steps

Please add Scotiabank.

Saugaboy
First Steps

Yes would like to see Scotiabank added to one of the banks for Canada. This bank was an option for Android pay 

Shelbyhope16
First Steps

Casting my vote for Scotiabank to be added to Fitbit pay. Would be very disappointed if I paid extra for a feature I can’t use. Thanks! 

redvancity
First Steps

Happy new year guys! +1 vote to link scotiabank with fitbit pay. I don't want to change banks just for this 😄

ymorin007
First Steps

Please add Scotia credit card. 

Areeba22
First Steps

Could you please add the bank of Nova Scotia or otherwise known as Scotiabank in Fitbit pay

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Areeba22.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us!

Let's see what other users think about this.

fitshug
Recovery Runner

hi....why is this request taking so long ?

i bought the charge 3 special edition and paid extra for it...and was suprised that its not working with a BIG bank like scotia bank in canada

when do you expect it to start working ?

fitshug
Recovery Runner

scotia bank is very friendly to technology and i have them synced with my financial software...

so i dont see why it takes so long...

i hate to pay extra for a feature that i can use...

thanks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.