Fitbit Pay - Bank of Novia Scotia (Scotiabank)

Please add Scotiabank (The Bank of Nova Scotia) to the Fitbit Pay app! It is already available via Android Pay, no reason Fitbit cannot do the same!

198 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Iangrjones, thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding Scotiabank to Fitbit Pay supported banks list with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

daniraj
First Steps

I don't understand how many years this is gonna take. 

are you guys coming personally to add this. 

what is the use of paying extra if it takes them 4 years to add support that is available like everywhere?

just ditch your Fitbit pay support and bring google pay as Fitbit is now owned by Google.   

Iangrjones
First Steps
Absolutely agree! I'm still in the return window for my Fitbit sense and
might be sending it back because of this, it's completely ridiculous for a
major smartwatch manufacturer to not have this for a large market, and
really devalues their product!
envase82
First Steps

This is a joke. It has been "under consideration" since 2018. 

I had a Fitbit Ionic and I got tired of waiting. I got an Apple Watch 3. Much better than any of the latest models.

Only thing I can say in favor of Fitbit Ionic is that the battery lasted much longer than Apple Watch 3.

Overall much happier with Apple Watch 3 than Fitbit Ionic.

daniraj
First Steps

Totally agree and I wonder why Fitbit is still a small company compared to others. 

why would someone pay extra for NFC?  it's better to buy anything else on the market. 

there is so much point in having a crappy app store. 

same thing with youtube music. consideration from 2017. 

unable to sync with google fit. 

Tired of waiting and never buying a Fitbit watch again. 

Don12344
First Steps

Support all of Canada's main banks Scotia, BMO, and CIBC to name a few. 

You'd please millions. 

Urbanmoon
Recovery Runner

We need Scotiabank! And while you're at it, Tangerine, too, which is owned by Scotiabank!  There are many in that list that is currently supported that I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who has ever heard of them (ATB, Brim, Stack). Right now for mainstream banks supported, if you're not with RBC, forget it. In that case, I don't want the Wallet taking up space on my Fitbit!

Grant501
First Steps

It’s been four years since this has been asked for. Do you have ANY respect for your customers or is this all a big joke to you?

Get your heads out of your collective backsides and add the bloody banks will you?!?

deriklebel
First Steps

hey Fitbit. Any update?  
we need Scotiabank !!!

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for sharing your feedback, @deriklebel. Unfortunately we don't have any news about this bank being added to Fitbit Pay for the moment. Make sure to monitor this list periodically to check if Scotiabank has been included. Thanks again for your feedback! 

Gestdv
First Steps

Where's the Scotia support? It's been years since this request...

DennyH19
Jogger
Can you please add more Canada banks? Here are a couple that are not supported

1. BMO Bank of Montreal (definitely a must have)
2. Scotiabank
3. CIBC
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DennyH19, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

DennyH19
Jogger

@YojanaFitbit sorry, I didn’t see it there, new to Fitbit 

ZazzieB
Recovery Runner

There is no reason why major Canadian banks such as CIBC, Scotiabank, Royal Bank of Canada, TD Bank, etc are not on the list of supported banks for Wallet @ Fitbit.  From comments back to 2018, this shows that 4 years later...still no progress!  Please hurry.

daniraj
First Steps

I Agree with that. on top of that now this is owned by Google and they have all the contracts for google pay. they could streamline the process. it's just that I believe that they don't care about the users at all. 

I wish they were bombarded on Twitter regarding this. 

envase82
First Steps
Who wears Fitbit anymore? I posted here in 2018 when I had a $300 Ionic. Not even bother to reply.
Move to Apple Watch, even the series 3 puts to shame any Fitbit model. Or if you use android go to Samsung, at least they care. Good luck!

Manuel
pplupo
Recovery Runner

5 years have passed since the first comment.

If this suggestion was a kid, it would be walking by now.

Away from Fitbit, towards a competitor, I might add.

Keep_Calm
First Steps

5 years since the idea. I bought it 4 days back. Already thinking of returning it.

Fitbit pay doesn't work.

WhatsApp call doesn't work.

YouTube music not added.

The list keeps going on.

Helix512
First Steps

Wow 2017 was the 1st submission for Scotia Bank and it's almost 2023 and still not been added what a joke and disrespect to the Canadian consumers.

Maybray
First Steps
  • PLEASE ADD: SCOTIABANK (BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA) TO FITBIT GOOGLE WALLET!

I am from Canada and asked new firbit Versa 4 for Christmas. One of the features that intrigued me was being paying using my watch. Only to find out that SCOTIABANK(BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA) is not on the list of supported banks. I thought that it just linked to Google wallet and that was it. Definatly Love my new watch, but a little disappointed I can't use the Google pay feature. PLEASE PLEASE ADD SCOTIABANK....(Bank Of Nova Scotia)

Charm1111
First Steps

June 5, 2023. Still no Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank) in Fitbit Pay. This idea has been posted in 2017 and over 5 years later, still an idea. That's sad and disappointing. 

Abishekkk
First Steps

it's now 2024, please addd scotiabank

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.