CIBC banking (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce)

Hello: I really want to buy the Fitbit ionic, I think it's great. I already have the Fitbit flex 2. 

I won't buy the Ionic tho, until you've partnered with CIBC, I bank wIth CIBC, and once I can link and use my bank card with the Ionic, please let me know and I will head out to buy it 🙂

Moderator Edit: Added Labels + title

161 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

davgu3
Recovery Runner

I am a CIBC customer (and have been since I was a kid). I'd like to see CIBC added to the list of Canadian banks for FitBit Pay. I just ordered the FitBit Versa SE (Special Edition) in the hopes that you will add CIBC so I can utilize the FitBit Pay in the hopefully near future. 

DVD1968
Recovery Runner

Please add CIBC!  I bank with them and TD Canada Trust.   Thanks!

Bornee
Recovery Runner

do it, just do it

cassiekayla
First Steps

I would like to put forth my vote for CIBC being added to the list of banks, please. 🙂

Bornee
Recovery Runner

I think it's a strange business practice to not actively try to make a feature like fitbit pay useful in Canada. Instead they wait for enough people to demand more variety than one bank. 

RonS16
Base Runner

Please add CIBC as a bank option for Fitbit pay. 

jazcan
Jogger

Another vote for CIBC from me.  I just got the Versa SE and was disappointed to see only 2 financial institutions  are available for Canada since the SE’s only additional feature is Fitbit pay.  

marciogpr
First Steps

Please add CIBC 

RonS16
Base Runner

Yes, add more banks. CIBC and BMO in that order. 

JenniferAnnB
Jogger

Add CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) to the Fitbit. I just bought a brand new special edition Versa. One of the reasons was because of the pay feature. The pay feature was advertised but no where did it say it only works with one of the Canadian major banks as well as a bank no one has heard of. If you want to sell Versa and Iconic in Canada, you need to make the pay option work. Or be responsible and label that the feature will not work in Canada unless you have a RBC credit card. For your information, the big banks in Canada are: RBC (which you have only their credit card, not debit), Toronto Dominion (missing), Bank of Nova Scotia (missing), Bank of Montreal (missing) and CIBC (missing).  If you look in this suggestion thread there is already another person asking for CIBC who just bought a special edition Versa and another saying he wants to purchase an Ionic but won't because the bank is not there.

JenniferAnnB
Jogger

Yes add CIBC!  (Or engage in responsible business practices and note that your watch's pay feature will not work in Canada except with the RBC credit card - don't advertise what you can't provide.)

JenniferAnnB
Jogger

FYI: Some one here noted Android Pay is connected to CIBC.  I just checked and so is Apple Watch - in fact all 5 major banks are there (27 in total).  I've been a loyal fitbit fan for years - what is going on?  When will we hear news?

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

StephenSkates
First Steps

I currently use the Charge 2 and am very interested in upgrading to the Charge 3 in November; as a CIBC customer, having the pay feature work with my bank would be a must before I purchase. THX.

HammsGirl
First Steps

I have been waiting for a year to use the wallet on my Fitbit... One of the reasons I purchased it... PLEASE ADD CIBC!!!!!!!!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Canada, unlike the US, has 4 major banks. That pretty much covers 99.9% of Canadians when it comes to credit cards. 

I'll throw my vote in for CIBC as well.

It's a little surprising that the tap to pay feature was added but only partially. Why cripple it out of the box? A little prior research and some development ahead of release would have paid off I think

StaninVan
Jogger

I would love to have CIBC added as supported bank. As one of the major banks in Canada I think many Fitbit users would be pleased!

JenniferAnnB
Jogger

Well said.

MNVeley
First Steps

Would be great if CIBC would be added to the pay option! I bank with Simplii and since CIBC is the parent company, I imagine they would both be added !

ksarausky
First Steps

Another vote for CIBC.  Fitbit would not have to add many banks for Canada (as there is only a handful of major banks) in order to for the majority of Canadians to access Fitbit pay.  I don’t understand why the process is so slow? Looks like RBC has been on here for awhile.

JenniferAnnB
Jogger
If you look, its only RBC's credit card. They have no major banks in
Canada and only the one that no one has heard of linked in fully. They
need to stop advertising it as a pay watch if it isn't set up for it.

--
LuluJagger
Jogger

Yes! Need CIBC, that was the reason I waited the 2 months and preordered  the special edition of the charge 3. What a kick in the pants to find out I can't use it!

OuterRaven
First Steps

Would love to see cibc debit/credit cards added in the future.

BenJamming
Jogger

I am also all in with Fitbit's environment, and am looking at a Versa SpEd or Charge 3 SpEd, but the lack of CIBC support is making me think twice.

Should CIBC support be added, I would buy two of these right away!  (for the wife too)

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.