Fitbit Pay support for South African Banks

Can support please be added for major South African banks? There's a large and growing market for Fitbit in South Africa, and i think it'd be a massive benefit, as well as be convenient as we don't have support for decent smart-device payments yet, such as Samsung Pay via phone.

Major banks include:

FNB

ABSA Bank
Standard Bank
Nedbank
Capitec Bank
African Bank

23 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @banshee109! We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Clarissa99
Jogger

I second this ! Please guys! You have a huge community in South -Africa. Would love to use this feature on my Versa!

Jmazoue
First Steps

This is a great suggestion. This should actually be on offer as this is what has been advertised as a capability of the Versa on South African television. 

Kimjean
Jogger

Please can we have Fitbit pay for South Africa!

FabulouslyFit
Recovery Runner

Yes!! please can we get Fitbit pay in South Africa!!

DewaldP
First Steps

The banks are very important.

But also, why is South Africa not in the list of selectable countries as far as location is concerned.

I am not interested in activities in the USA which lies on the other side ot the Atlantic Ocean.

We in South Africa are surely just as entitled to the full use and benefits of our devices as anyone elsewhere in the world?

If not, why does Fitbit sell devices in South Africa????

By the way... I got my Ionic through FNB (First National Bank) in South Africa, how can Fitbit market their products through a specific bank but NOT have THAT bank on their list?

Leonvt
Jogger

Agree x 1000. Fitbit is too much US of A at the moment.

StrontiumDog
Jogger

Without Fitbit Pay partnering with FNB, it seems pointless for me to get the Versa Special Edition...

DewaldP
First Steps

I agree. If I knew that FNB is marketing a product which has the capabilities to incorporate FNB in FitbitPay but that Fitbit choses not include FNB, I would NOT have opted for Fitbit. 

DewaldP
First Steps

Why does Fitbit not invite ALL Fitbit users in South Africa to participate in this vote. It is totally impossible that only 6 people are not happy with this. Only Fitbit has the database of all South African Fitbit owners. Common Fitbit... grow a pair and invite every single Fitbit owner in South Africa to participate in this vote

Leonvt
Jogger

@AlexandraFitbit why no reply? This is a major issue for us. The ad campaign in South Africa depicts payments via Fitbitpay but then why is it not supported? Is this not false advertising?

blacque
Base Runner

We would like support for our south african banks 

Jmazoue
First Steps

Hi All

I bank with FNB and over the weekend I noticed that FitBit wallet is now available. I have used it and everything worked perfectly. Well done to the team for sorting out the issue.

StrontiumDog
Jogger

Hi Jmazoue,

Where did you see that Fitbit-Pay is now offered by FNB?

NHDurban
First Steps

We need SA banks to be added asap. Having a feature you can’t use is a real snag 

dayav07
First Steps

Please add Investec South Africa!

Bradleylanning
First Steps

Please add Nedbank 

DewaldP
First Steps

FNB is up and running. I have used it quite a few time without any problems.

DewaldP
First Steps

FNB added and working. It would be nice of all other banks were added

dayav07
First Steps
Please add Investec also
WillyDawson
First Steps

I see most banks have already been added - besides ABSA! Any idea when they will be added?

mthimbane
Jogger

Please add Capitec Bank

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add Standard Bank

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.