Fitbit app: Add a custom user-defined goal to track anything -would function like the water tracker

Hello Wonderful Developers,

In the Fitbit app I want the ability to add my own tracked goal that functions exactly like the water app (would be a re-skin of the water app) to track any other counted thing in my life.

For example I'm an author and want to track words written every day:

I would click the plus at the bottom of the app and choose to add new goal.

I would be prompted to define the goal:

I would name the goal  (Words)

I would define the units (words) (it could be a prompt for 2 character units ie wd if required).

I would define "quick add" small medium and large increments (100, 500 and 1000)

I would define the goal total (2000)

I would be prompted to save the goal. It would be added to my dashboard at the bottom. 

The associated icons would be a nice generic shooting star to symbolize users following their dreams.

The goal would be tracked like water intake with the user adding quantities through the day, and a celebration when the total is reached.

In a perfect world the user could add 3 user defined tracked goals.

It could be used to track sit-ups, romantic encounters, minutes spent cleaning, vacation dollars saved, or be used to curb undesirable habits with intentionally low goals. 

Following your dreams is an important part of a balanced life which I think fits with the Fitbit ethos. Tracked goals hep users reach their dreams.

12 Comments
Murf-V
Jogger

Hello Corvus7corax , you're idea is amazing!  I love how you worded it as well... very easy for the developers to understand what you're looking for.  I would use this app for a number of things so this one get's my vote for sure!  Thanks for adding it!!  Cheers! V

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

medical
First Steps

I am Diabetic and check my blood sugar most mornings.  Many users have asked for automatic data-recording methods, I thinks it would be helpful if you gave us a user-defined field which could be named by the user and could track whatever we want. 

Currently I log my morning blood sugar under the "Water" tracking field. 

ArmyChick1
First Steps

Yes! No other fitness device app is doing this. It would really make you stand out!!!

tsafir
Recovery Runner

I really like this idea because I have PT stretches I'm supposed to do daily, but its not really calorie burning stuff. I'd love to log it just to keep track of myself. 

meglo1023
First Steps

Well said - love this idea.  I would upgrade to premium for just this feature. I'd use it to track my meditation goals for the week. 

Similarly, I would love to breakdown my goals for my workouts even further. For instance, this week want to workout 4 times: 1 yoga, 1 paddle board, 2 hikes. This could be done with the idea mentioned (depending on how flexible the tool is). Or if there would be a way to add goals to the different workout types that would also work. 

Overall, the feature would work for many different use cases. It would be great to allow your customers the freedom to tailor their goals to their unique lifestyles. 

Bonus: to take it a step further, there could be a way to integrate goals with your agenda to schedule out when you'll be accomplishing them 🙂 

Alexbuzzcut
Jogger

I would like to create a custom tracker for coffee intake for my today page, similar to water, food, etc. for the Inspre HR. Other fitbits allow for this customization but not the Inspire. 

thanks

medical
First Steps
2 years ago I asked for a similar field so I could keep a daily log of my morning glucose levels
Birdie0001
First Steps

Agree - Habit tracking is totally related to the current Fitbit tracking options. As another user said, I would upgrade to premium just for this feature! 

Anynamename
First Steps

Exactly what I'd like too. I've used Fitbit for several years and am so used to checking it to see if I've hit my fitness goals. A couple of user defined "not necessarily fitness" ones would be perfect to help us build a better life.

BigDill
First Steps

Yes, I searched the Community to see if someone had suggested this! I would love the ability to create my own custom widgets like the water tracker. I personally would use them for 1. flossing, and 2. taking my vitamins. 

DBFitBum
First Steps

Came to suggest the same feature so I can track that I'm doing my PT exercises daily. Custom Trackers in the app would be awesome!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.