Fitbit app available on iPad

While the iPhone app can be downloaded on the iPad, I would like to see an iPad app built out as well.

iPhone Only apps are clunky on the iPad, and can only be viewed in portrait.  I only like using my iPad in landscape unless I am reading, and the standard iPad cases/covers are built for landscape use when in standing mode.

I would imaging the iPad app to be much more in-depth and versatile than the iPhone app, since the setting allows for more space and usability.  Sure, I can log into the website from my iPad to get to my dashboard, but I love my more portable devices and having a nice looking app that integrates well and is convenient to access with just one-click.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Do not reward yourself with food. You're not a dog.
113 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

If there is no movement to HTML5, I'd also prefer an iPad native app.

RPW1958
Recovery Runner
Please enable users to replicate the full functionality from the laptop version of the dashboard on an iPad. Right now myiPad only shows the phoner app (in one orientation only) and it just looks really weak. That's really disappounting as I increasingly use an iPad with remote keyboard to replace my laptop completely.

I notice there are many comments in the discussion forum about this, so feel free to merge this with any other proposals that people may have made about an iPad
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit, look at the iPad app for myfitnesspal. Please make an iPad app!! 

Redpage
First Steps

Please add an iPad app. The iPhone app has limited features and running the website in Safari Can be very cumbersome. Especially when dealing with the current pop up windows you need to use in order to add a custom food to your food log that is not already in the database. Which is a frequent task for me. Or use responsive CSS/HTML to make your website more tablet friendly for use. Thanks in advance. 

RPW1958
Recovery Runner

Strongly agree with need for a proper iPad app to replace the current clunky and limited thing.  You could use the extra screen real-estate to include some of the functions from the web app too - entry of exercise activity and so on.

Steve-53405
Base Runner

Same complaint from an Adroid tablet user.  Why do so many developers treat tablets as a phone.

Throbbert
First Steps

This thread looks to be over a year old. Any feedback on if this is happening? It is indeed something all tablet users want.

pamrxdoc
Recovery Runner

Could you please update the app for iPad to a graphical and more interactive format like that for a laptop or PC? Currently, it is merely an enlarged version of the app for the iPhone.

gcc
First Steps

Agreed, it looks cheap and although some would argue that it is just as easy to access the website on your iPad it is again a cheap work around. I don't have a capable smart phone but I do have a decent iPad. Come on fitbit, lift your game.

DigitalFury
Jogger

Please provide a native iPad app, we have been waiting for this for a longtime.

Using an iPhone app on an iPad looks cheap and half-baked, it's a temporary stopgap measure, not a permanent solution.

ericboston
Base Runner

1.5 years since this thread was started!!!  Come on, Fitbit!  The iPhone app looks bad on an iPad...not to mention all the screen real estate that is wasted.

Will a Fitbit employee please give us an update on if this iPad app is coming in a few weeks or months or years or what?????

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Neither an iPhone app nor a 'home screen' website is a substitute for the usability and interface that an iPad app would provide.  In Fitbit literature (before I purchased), phones and tablets are mentioned -- but only insfar as you can run non-ideal websites and iPhone apps.  So, that's a disappointment given that I just spent $250.

Remember, mods: a website and an iPhone app aren't the same thing as a native iPad app.  That's why companies make native iPad apps.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Would love to see an iPad native or Universal app.
suminad
Recovery Runner

None of my premium membership graphs, which require flash, work on my iPad devices. We need an iPad app. My 2 cents... If you are going to compete with some of the other devices on the market then COMPETE. From where I'm sitting it looks like you may have already given up.... You have many loyal fitbitters that will stay with you, me being one of them, please invest and do the work or hire someone to write the app.

Zemog
First Steps

I'd like to add my vote to producing a dedicated app for the iPad, please! Each time there is an update to the FitBit app, I excitedly open it expecting it to be iPad-friendly but it's always just for the iPhone. My iPhone is one of the older models and does not sync with my FitBit (which is another niggle!), therefore I use my iPad mini instead. So many apps have iPhone and iPad versions. What is the problem here with producing an app for the iPad?

Shazza72
First Steps

I bought my daughter a Flex and she can't sync it to her iPad! So frustrating in a world where many of us don't have a home computer.  I am hoping for an iPad app or for my iPhone to be able to manage two devices.  The excitement of being able to challenge people and see your progress immediately is a big part of the draw for me.  Come on Fitbit, you can create an iPad app, I know you can!

Prophet4Ever
First Steps

Dear Fitbit, Please oh please create a native iPad app. You have a great one for iOS already in the iPhone, but how do you NOT have an iPad app? Please tell me even one other reputable, sizable company (i.e. Dropbox, Evernote, MyFitnessPal, Lose It, etc etc etc) that doesn't have an iPad app. Come on! Get with the program? How long ago did the first iPad come out? 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hello,

I write to you to drive you to create a Fitbit App for iPad, so we'd be able to enjoy our content by taking advantage of the beautiful Retina resolution of iPad Air and iPad Mini.

PLEASE, CONSIDER THAT!

Best,

Mirko

<Moderator Edit: Format>

Jman5401
First Steps
Yeeeeeeess I was thinking the same thing
bookworm370
Recovery Runner

Heck,

I'm a certified Apple developer with my own company.  I'll sign an NDA and you can send me the iPhone code and I can port it over the iPad.  It would be great to have slide views, side views and just just change the MainViewController window while leaving the rootController visable on the left side.   That way no sliding!

If interested PM me.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Hi,

Could you show us some screenshot of iPad version for Fitbit App?

Inviato da iPhone
bookworm370
Recovery Runner

Mirko,

I said that if they gave me the iPhone source code (under NON-DISCLOSURE) I could  PORT (Translate) it over to the iPad.  I have no screenshots as none exist because the app doesn't exist yet.   But I can think of about 10 new features that could be added as an iPad app that would not even require a firmware upgrade of the FitBit itself.

It's up to FitBit if they would like to make use of my services and offer.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Ooh, okok I misunderstood, I'm not english. However I really think that an iPad version would be really awesome, but I think that Fitbit developers want just to make it by their own.

Inviato da iPhone
Rachael1952
Keeping Pace
I have had a Fitbit in one form or another since they first became available in the UK. Originally I only used the app to look at activity but as more features have been added, I have been using the app more. But let's face it, the iPad app is clunky and fugly. I think we deserve a specifically designed app for the iPad instead of having an upsized iPhone app.
Toni-Cee
Base Runner

I find it hard to believe that after al lt his  time there is still no actual iPad app.. we have been asking for this for what seems like forever at this point.. Very disheartening that you seem to not be really listening to you customer database 😞

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.