Flip screens for left-handed people Fitbit Sense/Versa Smartwatches

In order for the button to be on the correct side for left-handed people wearing the device on their right hands, allow for the screen to be flipped when the setting for the hand is on left-handed.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

147 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jfb9301, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to flip screens for left-handed people on Fitbit Sense Smartwatches. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

mdimarco350
Jogger

I, like the multitudes of others on this thread, second the need to allow the device (Sense 2 in my case) to be rotated so that lefties can wear the device on the right arm and not continually press the physical button.

TLinkins
Base Runner

I too agree that something should be done. However it should be implemented in the form of additional option(s) rather than a one-fits-all change, so that every person can choose which configuration works best for them.

Please consider, Fitbit. Thanks.

sinned6915
Jogger
Another vote to give us the option to rotate the display on devices 180 so lefties can wear their devices properly! We can swap bands to get the button in the proper place, but the display is inverted.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sinned6915, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to rotate the display on Sense 2. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums. 

Shiboby
First Steps

Yup, definitely needed for the Sense 2!

Left-Out
Stepping Up

There is nothing on the retail container for the Sense 2, nor on the Fitbit Sense 2 web site indicating that the device is only appropriate to use on the left wrist. It's design is not compatible with use on the right wrist without some app that will reorient the direction of the watch face. To me, without a disclosure about this design element, there is an implied warranty of merchantability for both right handed and left handed users.  FitbIt needs to remedy this issue by informing potential customers, or designing an app to correct this situation.

Shiboby
First Steps
It should a relatively easy fix as most handheld and wearable devices
already have this feature. This means they don't have to reinvent the wheel.
Left-Out
Stepping Up
I totally agree. There is no credible reason the Sense 2 is of consirerable less value to the left-handed community than previous models. We are10% of the population.

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
cmetz00
Recovery Runner

I have switched to my left wrist because of this but my workout still gets interrupted by the button being pressed.  I switched to this watch from the Versa and now I'm so unhappy!!!

Twinmonstermom
First Steps

I don't understand why this isn't a thing yet? Is it that complicated of a thing to add? We can pay with the device but can't flip the screen to make it more comfortable to wear. I just recently bought my sense 2 and so far it's the most frustrating part. You'd think by 2022 we wouldn't have to worry about whether or not something will work just as well for left handed persons. Can Fitbit please make the screen flipable? 

sinned6915
Jogger

Is this fixed now?  Now I am really confused:

I changed the bands around so I could wear it the proper way on my left hand. Button on the LEFT. 

I figure I would try to work it upside down... but the display is right ride up? Just to be sure I was not imagining things, I took it off and put it on my right wrist and it was upside down there.

Anyone else? 

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @sinned6915 - if by any chance you are using SimpleClockPro-L for the Sense/Versa 3 - The display will be upside down if worn with the button on the left on the left arm, but it will be the right way round if worn with the button on the right on the right arm, it's intended use.

Nikreid13
Jogger
Left handed people generally wear watches on our right wrist and right handed people wear it on their left. So yes, the display is right side up with the button on the left when you were it on your LEFT wrist. To wear it in your right wrist, the button has to be on the left side for the display to be right side up. This is close to our hands and causes us to constantly press the button when our hand bends and therefore the reason for our frustration. The button should be on the RIGHT when wearing on the right wrist, but Fitbit does not have a function for us to flip the screen.

Sent from my iPhone
Guy_
Space Racer

HI @Nikreid13 - that is the point of using SimpleClockPro-L for the Sense/Versa 3, you can have the button to the right on the right arm. This is fine for normal time telling but the rest of the watch needs to be flipped and there is no option for that, which is a shame because if the clock face can do it the watch ought to be able to do it too.

ggb79
First Steps

@fitbitModerator I see 317 votes for this features, what is regularly time taken to implement and how many votes required to implementation. let me know if you want any help from open source community to implement this feature!

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone. Thank you for your comments, votes, and feedback.

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SamuelFerris89
First Steps

So it’s 2023 with this post late 2020 and nothing has altered. I have the Fitbit versa 4 smart watch and there’s still no option to flip the screen to suit my wearing preferences. I’m right handed and it’s a really awkward view worn this way and button location due to the screens fixed setting. Please can something be done about this quickly?! Please. This sort of thing shouldn’t take over two years should it? Surely it’s a simple fix? Many thanks! And yes without this feature I’ve pretty much wasted my money as that is the only way I wear or have ever worn watches, and ever will. Without this update the watch is obsolete and redundant. Which is a shame because other than that it seems good. 

Dmp23
First Steps

I would like this feature for my Versa 4 that I use with the belt clip.  If you put the device in so the button is in the opening of the case, the display is upside down when worn at the waist.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Dmp23 - if you have a smart watch try SimpleSports, it has a larger rotating display and might help. Though notifications etc won't be rotated.

laurasmith
First Steps

I'm glad there's at least A clock face that fixes the normal view from this forum. I had one of those square iPod nanos back in the day, and could flip the screen to whatever orientation I want. The button getting long pressed all the time is so annoying, please fix it! This thread started in 2020, and given the lack of response, once my watch goes kaput, I am not planning on continuing with Fitbit.

RafaReta
First Steps
I gave up with Fitbit

I used to have a Versa 3 and had the same problem. One day, the watch
didn't support an update. It was a couple of months after the year. All I
got was a 30% discount for a new Fitbit watch.

After the way they acquired and destroyed Pebble with no support for users
(long-time happy users), this flip-screen situation and having to pay for a
new watch because they had a software error, I decided to buy another
brand. It is cheaper and has so many functions; I am happy with it, and the
battery lasts for almost a month (not sure; I got it by the end of December
and still have 35% battery).

Premium. The applications can work in the background so I can change
between my normal Watchface and the sport application.

My 2 cents.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.