Full featured editor for the Get Moving forum

Please give the Activity Group forums the same full-featured editor that is used here in the Help and Discussions forums: emoticons, imbedding photos and videos, hyperlinks, etc, and the ability to re-edit after posting.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

10 Comments
Sandy0611
Runner

@BruceBu  Would this feature allow us (any member of our activity group) to be able to edit a comment that we have already posted... as well as add emoticons, photos, etc.?  Or is this privilege only for the editor?

BruceBu
Hill Runner

I guess the details would be up to Fitbit? But at a minimum I would hope that, going forward, we would have some of the features of the editor I am using now to answer you. Smiley Happy

I don't know if we would be able to edit older posts, but certainly if implemented, it would be available for all Activity Groups and all members.Nov 24 walk E Montane.JPG

Best, Bruce

Lisa_Marie
Runner

I really hope this goes thru.  The ability to edit our own posts would allow us to correct any wrong information or to  make it more clear without having to make a completely new post.  To be able to add pictures and emoticons would make posting and reading posts more enjoyable too.  As they say -- a picture is worth a thousand words -- especially when you are trying to explain something.

Sandy0611
Runner

Bruce, I have a question for you.  How did you manage to edit your original comment?  I see you included some colourful, unique lettering, an emoticon and a photo.  How did you do that?  

Oh wait, I see now that I'm in this 'comment box'.  On these comments, they have displayed the icons above the comment box ... for editing text, fonts, attaching photos, etc.  This is exactly what we would like to have on the postings for our group.  I hope your request for an 'editing feature', such as they have here, is granted. 

BruceBu
Hill Runner

Exaxtly, Sandy! Since they already have this editor fully implemented for the public Help and Discussions forums, you'd think it would be a piece of cake to implement it for the 3rd part of "Community" - The Activity Group forums.

LindaNM
First Steps

Thiis would be a nice improvement. I voted. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlvaroFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

This would be great if implemented, this way you can have a better administration of the group and sharing information between the members should be greatly improved with the hyperlinks.

Sandy0611
Runner

@BruceBu wrote:

Please give the Activity Group forums the same full-featured editor that is used here in the Help and Discussions forums: emoticons, imbedding photos and videos, hyperlinks, etc, and the ability to re-edit after posting.

@AlvaroFitbit

What are the chances that this 'full featured editor' will be implemented?   You have this feature on your Help & Discussion forums.  We have a very active group with many threads & lots of comments/posts.  The ability to edit our own comments would be a wonderful addition.  

justinkelle
Jogger

To elevate your content creation in CapCut, seamlessly casting premium videos from your Android phone app to a Windows 10 laptop can be a game-changer. This dynamic connection allows you to harness the editing prowess of CapCut on a larger screen, optimizing precision and creativity. Ensure a smooth workflow by exploring casting options such as screen mirroring or dedicated casting apps, providing you with a comprehensive and immersive editing experience for your premium video content

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.