Global repair service regardless of warranty eligibility

Once a tracker is passed the 1 year warranty, there is no technical support or way to fix the devices. The support team goes through the troubleshooting list, but if nothing works and you are passed the warranty, all that is offered is a discount to buy another product hoping that the same issue doesn’t occur. What about the defective device? Shouldn’t there be a place to get it repaired?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

41 Comments
Damabelle
Base Runner
Establish repair facilities and parts able to be accessed by clients with an expired warranty. Without this devices are essentially expensive disposable tracking devices. This is wasteful, not environmentally friendly, and locks consumers into a spending cycle.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Gtoffee, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a global repair center for any Fitbit device regardless of the warranty conditions with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Damabelle, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Global repair service regardless of warranty eligibility

Replaceable Battery

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions and keep adding your ideas!

ShivuOP_1512
First Steps
I have My Fitbit Versa And It's Screen has Been Cracked But The Touch Is In
Working State, But I Have Being Followed Fitbit Since A Month And I Am Not
Getting Any Response From Fitbit! It's My Request If There Is Any Solution
Please Tell!
GenPatton
First Steps
Hello,

I never had a problem getting a response. Try https://returns.narvar.com/fitbit/returns. I’ve had several Fitbits replaced under warranty. I recommend you replace it asap if under warranty because it will surely become inoperable. My last Versa was purchased 9/2019 and the face started detaching from shell within 5 months causing the screen to malfunction. They sent me a new face and that too did the same thing. I gorilla glued it and although face was bonded screen eventually stop working. I still had a couple months left under the 2yr warranty I specifically purchased because of their poor craftsmanship but I could get a refund and didn’t care for a second replacement.

Sent from my Patton’s iPhone
ergarry
Recovery Runner

Okay for all you guys out there this is ONE IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

Fitbit doesn’t have a repair policy at all.

If the product is out of the limited one year warranty pd. Just throw your device away because there is no Fitbit service centre anywhere in the world.

Strange/ Shocking!!!😱

Yes I too was shocked to hear this. I had googled this for many days but couldn’t find anything worthwhile. Strangely when you chat with customer support online they won’t even tell you this. Even if you ask a pointed question to them they would very carefully skip the question. Neither do they write it specifically anywhere on their website (Guess this is all part of their strategy as they know if people know about this they would never buy their devices.)

I have spent hours trying to look for an answer on this and then after an email revert from the support when I asked a pointed query they replied as

We acknowledged that you would like to explore possibilities in having the device repaired. Currently, Fitbit doesn’t have any service centers anywhere in the world as Fitbit does not repair devices. We appreciate your feedback and having a repair center is definitely worth to be considered.”

Screenshot_20220118-203855__01__01.jpg

This actually broke my 💖.

I don’t understand why they don’t they mention it categorically. This actually amounts to keeping the customers in dark.

Anyway, I have bought a Garmin now and am happy.

Was a fan Fitbit,  but sorry if I would have known this earlier I would have never bought an Ionic.

Please spread the word.

Warm Regards

Toseen
First Steps

It would be nice to have centres for repairs. Not being able to fix your fix because it’s outside warranty is not too good. 

ShadowNinja
Runner
Fitbit’s are great, but one really bad flaw that all fitbits have, is that when the fitbit breaks (like screen cracking, etc) fitbit will not fix the issue with the Watch!!!
Even if we’re willing to pay they will still not help at all in fixing the Watch!
So we basically bought a pretty expensive Watch, that when it breaks we have nothing to do!!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ShadowNinja, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a repair service option. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

akiransa
Jogger
Have some repair centers in India.. and for that amount of price, the support should be exceptional..
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @akiransa, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a repair centers in India. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

nachiket
First Steps

This post is from 4 years ago, yet we don't have a repair department at Fitbit. I dropped my Fitbit sense 2 last week after 13 months of usage and the screen is cracked. How can Fitbit claim to be a company working toward a sustainable future, when its products have a short lifecycle and no means to extend their usage? I loved using my Fitbit sense 2 but I am not going to get a Fitbit product if they do not change their policy.  

Parinita
First Steps

Having to buy a new device just for a crack on the glass sounds ridiculous. There should be Fitbit repair centers to handle such damage cases irrespective of the warranty of the product. 

crazytabbie
First Steps
You should provide a repairs as part of your warranty.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @crazytabbie, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a repair center available for Fitbit devices with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LMLPFA
Jogger

Fitbit really don't care about their impact on the environment. They're clearly only interested in profit. No products are built to be repairable and there's not even a recycling service. 

Never buying a Fitbit product again. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.