Go365 app integration

Can fitbit make it were my go365 app will recognize my heart rate info.

Moderator edit: Labels, clarified subject and format

21 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @Billybob10

Let's see what other users have to say about this.

HBarkley
Jogger

I too would like to see heart rate and calories added to the data sent to Go365.

rushlakecons
Jogger

Absolutely!  That would be great.

Serina40
First Steps

Hi, can anyone advise me my steps cant sygn to 365 app but could sygn into vitality app? 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums @Serina40! 🙂

I'll be happy to answer this for you. When it comes to third party apps integrations, not all apps are compatible to work with your Fitbit app. Currently Go365 app is not compatible with Fitbit. To know more about third party apps you can take a look to the post Third Party Apps - FAQ.

However, there are many third party apps that are able to connect with Fitbit, but not all are officially supported by us. The best in this scenario, is revoke the access of Go 365 from your Fitbit Application settings and try again to connect your accounts to reset the integration.

If this is not working please reach out the support of Go 3565 one more time to let them know is not working. 

If you have more questions, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

PS. I'm moving your post to the Third Party apps board for categorization purposes.

DoctorDre225
First Steps

I'm not sure which company this issue lies with, but hopefully Fitbit is doing everything they can with Humana to allow them to take fitbit heartrate and calories data and let Humana Go365 access it to award points for it.  I've had countless e-mails/support chats with Humana support, they would like me to believe the issue lies with Fitbit and I'm sure visa-versa from your team.

I've been an avid Fitbit user since 2014 and have owned 4 devices (and even have a sizable portion of my portfolio in your stock).  At my rather large company I'm seeing people left and right move from Fitbit to Garmin simply for the extra 100 points you can earn per day from BOTH calories and heartrate points (or $365/year in addition to steps).  Now typically people only get $100/year in extra points from wearing a Garmin versus a Fitbit as most don't get max amount of points per day, but this is still enough for people to make the switch as it's a financial call and people simply love rewards.  I'm one of the last ones of 5 of my coworkers I can think of here who used to all compare our steps in the fitbit app and am slowly considering making the switch myself or wearing a second tracker at the gym/doing housework, but at that point I fear I won't wear two devices much longer.

Please help us Fitbit! Push Humana to accept your data!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please, FitBit! This is the only reason I haven't upgraded my Fitbit and why I'm looking at Garmins instead.  

DoctorDre225
First Steps

Also at your Go365 shopping page:

https://www.fitbit.com/welcome?promo=go365discount&userPromo=

It claims that: "Go365 is fully integrated with Fitbit and will allow you to link your new Fitbit device to the Go365 program"

Unfortunately "Fully Integrated" is quite misleading here as it is only "Partially Integrated"

Is there any sort of effort on Fitbit's part to do something about this? It seems you may have hit a wall with Humana and they are simply not allowing you?  I couldn't imagine Fitbit has any incentive to not allow them to certain parts of your data.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

HBarkley
Jogger

Can someone from Fitbit go to the Go365 Community and respond.  There seems to be some confusion as to who needs to do what.

https://community.go365.com/message/53564#comment-53564

I copied your reply and a link to this post in the Go365 post linked above.  There has been an uptick to activity on this post in recent days and I hope it has caught someone's attention.

DoctorDre225
First Steps

I second HBarkley Jogger,

Please someone at Fitbit take the initiative to go to Go365/Humana and figure out how to get them to track calories/heartrate.  If Garmin can do it so can you.  Garmin is a 12.4 Billion dollar company by market cap.  Fitbit, at 1.2 Billion I know you're doing everything you can right now to compete and you are financially the underdog versus them, but you still have the market share for right now, please put this at the forefront.  Humana is a 42 Billion dollar company and have soooo many people using Go365 which rewards points back to healthy members that workout/track.  In the last year I have received over $150 in points.  If I were wearing a Garmin I would have received near $400.  I have had 4 people I know at my company switch over to Garmin for this reason, some of which their wives/kids too.

Please someone at Fitbit, spend a week, a month, send it up the flag pole.  Get Go365 integration and keep your wearable market share alive.  Humana and similar health insurance companies are going to be your downfall as people are flocking to bands giving them points.  There are also corporate giveaways/discounts and those people are going to buy the bands that give the most points. 

HBarkley
Jogger

Excellent information DoctorDre! Fitbit ought to look at this as "How can we help our clients get more out of their device?"   

DoctorDre225
First Steps

Yojana & Fitbit support,

You stated they could reach out to Fitbit directly, which is the best mode of communication for Humana/Go365 to do so?  Email, phone?  Is there any way you can DM me a direct line so I can pass it along to the Go365/Humana support I am working with?

For such a big company, I feel that Humana is just going to have a hard time initiating this, is there anything that Fitbit can do to help move this along?  Which two teams do we need to get talking here, it has been an issue for well over a year.

Someone somewhere along the way figured out how to do this with Garmin, but Apple, Samsung, Fitbit watches do not.  This would be a great opportunity to standout from the competition.

Please again see these forum posts at Humana's site: https://community.go365.com/message/56041?et=watches.email.thread#comment-56041

DoctorDre225
First Steps

Hello Fitbit support, is there any update here?

I just bought my wife a Special Edition Versa, I knew going into it that it would not give points for heart rate/calories burned, but I'm still bummed that it can't when all the Garmin lines can.  What gives?  Is there any internal motion on this from Fitbit's point of view? Humana and Go365 need your help, they are stumped.

StumpyJoe
Base Runner

Dear Mr. Park,

I'm going to have to agree with the Doctor. The perk my company provides by encouraging an active lifestyle is being dashed by what I'd think is a simple phone call between IT departments.

From a monetary perspective, the cost to Fitbit is minimal. If you integrate with Go365 I'll earn an extra $300 to $400 dollars annually and so will many others Fitbit wearers.

I like your new designs. Keep making them simple (elegant), rugged and accurate and you'll have a wearer for life.

Do us all a solid. Please work with these 3rd parties and help your base get the same perks as your competitors.

Sincerely,

Brian

DoctorDre225
First Steps

Thanks Brian for continuing to provide feedback from the community!  Do we have any fitbit moderators that can weigh in here?  I have been actively waiting since 2017 for a solution at my current company, a relatively modest size 250 person architecture firm.  We can all chose to purchase either a Garmin or Fitbit among mountain bikes and other neat fitness items.

In wearables you often stick with your first brand of device for 3-5+ years until something really compelling convinces you otherwise.  I've been with Fitbit since 2015, I love the sleekness of your Alta and other lines and your pricepoints, I don't plan to change, and all of my data is with you!  However, so many people at our company and others like our are purchasing their first tracker (because they have the points).  Then time and time again they are choosing Garmin, then turning around and getting one for their wife, occasionally their kids.  What do you think those people are going to be replacing their device with in 2+ years when ready for replacement?

Again Humana/Go365 have been claiming the ball is in Fitbit's court, I've asked them what they need, they are not able to provide an answer.  We need one of the teams responsible for this integration at Fitbit to reach out to their support teams.  But getting that team to notice the community, or bring it to upper management that is able to make the call has been difficult the past two years.

DoctorDre225
First Steps

Can anyone from fitbit please comment on this, or provide the proper channel to reach out, either a phone support line or e-mail?  This has been an issue for well over two years.  We are all patiently waiting.  You would think with the new Fitbit Inspire meant originally for health care plans and programs, that full integration with health care programs such as Humana's Go365 would have been a crucial element in that rollout plan.

StumpyJoe
Base Runner

I would really like some sort of response too. If Fitbit isn't planning to do this anytime soon, at be courteous and let us know.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Gardenlover
Jogger

I am a long time, loyal user of Fitbit products (Alta, Alta HR, Versa). Our family has Go 365 but it appears that Fitbit doesn't recognize heart rate points? I'm really sad to hear this as it appears my options are now limited to Garmin and Polar watches. Will Fitbit jump on board and submit heart rate points?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Gardenlover, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Go365 app integration with Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.