Google Pay

I would love to see something integrated with Fitbit pay for those of us with smaller/lesser known banks. I have APCU and they just became supported with Google Pay and I hate that I have considered opening a new bank account with a larger company just to be able to use my watch's pay feature. I think it would be helpful to either allow third party mobile banking apps or to start seriously increasing the number of supported ones by Fitbit Pay. 

46 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MaginB
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Kidstuff
First Steps

I also tried to link my "Walmart MasterCard" but it also would not accept. Kind of ironic isn't it, Walmart markets Fitbit products but their MasterCard's not accepted? Shame on you Fitbit. 

Linuturk
First Steps

I would go as far as to say let us use Google Pay instead of Fitbit Pay.

Fridiero
First Steps

Please add G Pay support! It will solve tons of problems with adding bank to you paying system...

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Joshuaengquist
First Steps

Please integrate Google. Pay would a lot more avail banks then I could use my debit card it makes me wanna return my device 

sportokkie
Jogger

First a disclaimer: Yes, I've read all the other topics suggesting to use fitbit pay in the Netherlands in one form or the other.

My feature suggestion is kind of overarching mother of all of those.

Simply put: I want to be able to use fitbit pay, as advertised, right here where I live - in The Netherlands.

Ok, I first checked if one of my banks supported fitbit pay:

• ASN Bank (part of Volksbank NV) supports nfc payments in shops - no fitbit pay
  • Triodos - (haha Triodos) does not support nfc payments in shops, no fitbit pay
  • Ok, problem... Let's get creative here... what about...
  • Some creditcard? No fitbit support for the Netherlands
  • The super revolutionary Revolut then perhaps?? Mmmmm... Nope!
  • Ehhh.... Ok, what about google pay? Google is everywhere, why not in fitbit land? No support for fitbit pay

Well fitbit... seems the promise you make does not hold up... Smiley Sad

So, hereby my feature suggestion (which it isn't - it's actually more of a complaint about something not working as advertised but ok)

Make it so that I can use the ionic fitbit smart watch to make micro payments!

Or else... Robot Mad

Preferably with a very general solution that is within reach for everyone, not just for some specific banks.

Like google pay or, if I can choose: Revolut.

Hope to be able to pay with the ionic soon! Heart

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

Status changed to: Needs More Info
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for sharing your Feature Suggestion with the Fitbit Community. We aren't sure what you mean by micro payments and we'd like to understand your idea better. Please reply with more detail or specifics on micro payments and how would that work. Also, how would that be different from the current Fitbit Pay and an example of it. Thank you! 

sportokkie
Jogger

Hi,

Please replace the title:

Use Ionic to make micro payments in the Netherlands

with:

Use Ionic with Fitbit Pay in the Netherlands

All other occurrences of 'micro' can be removed.

Thank you,

kind regards

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sportokkie, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

justnanny55
Recovery Runner

please. when will google pay work with fitbit pay

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @justnanny55, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

YuzrName
First Steps

Now that Google owns Fitbit, I would suggest that Fitbit work with Google to harmonize the two services so that Fitbit Pay can be used wherever Google Pay is accepted. If this is not possible, I would suggest that that Fitbit simply switch to Google Pay as the primary contactless payment method on Fitbit devices (especially devices like the Charge 3 SE which do not have app support) since Google Pay has much greater market penetration than Fitbit Pay.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @YuzrName, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having the option to use Google Pay with Fitbit Pay! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Emmskie03
Stepping Up

This would be great. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @YuzrName, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

leemundo
Recovery Runner

Google pay was suggested two years with no plans for it to be added. Now that Google have purchased Fitbit is this now a viable update? 

Coming from the UK not only are the listed banks extremely limited but all there also all unknown (except for one)! Where are three mainstream banks and how is this taking years to update considering its a selling point for the watch? 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @leemundo, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

syohannan1
First Steps
Add google pay. I use it as my main electronic payment
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @syohannan1, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use Google Pay on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Deke_207
First Steps
Please bring Google Pay to the Versa 3 and other compatible devices.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Deke_207, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having Google Pay available on our Fitbit devices with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Devoncatt
Jogger
Please enable Google Pay to enable more banks cards to work
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Devoncatt, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use Google Pay with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Klyky
Jogger
• Somehow enable Google Pay as a "bank" that you can add to Fitbit Pay
• Alternatively, just replace Fitbit Pay with Google Pay. Or find a way to merge them, then rebrand "Fitbit Pay" as the Fitbit device-exclusive version of Google Pay (or something like that)
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.