Gym Workout App (Design/Customize My Own Workouts)

Would love to see something similar to the Gym Boss timer, where you can basically design your own works by entering the interval times, number of rounds, breaks/rests, and the exercise name. They even allow you to personalize the colors used, so you can color-code things (legs, abs, rests, etc).

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

46 Comments
Likedabeast
Recovery Runner
So I downloaded the fitst are app just to see what it was like, I think it is cool but I do have a gym membership and I would like to see a update of the fitst are to include a gym workout. I know that some people out there are ok with getting a gym membership but don't want to pay for a trainer. So if fitstar got a gym version it would be better.
harrymclean
Jogger

Be able to select single exercises like pushup, and pull-ups and create a custom workout.

Carpool88
Jogger
I completely agree! I see people walking around with pen/paper at the gym and all they would have to do is create a workout log on their phone and mark complete on each exercise they do on the Fitbit! Would really add another dimension to the watch for the people who like strength training.
TashL884
Recovery Runner

Bring back the 'Workout' option to track exercise directly off my Blaze!

After the most recent software update, my Blaze now no longer has the 'workout' option to log as an exercise directly from the fitbit, the only options now are 'Run, Bike, Weights, Treadmill, and Elliptical'. I often complete gym cardio classes, which doesnt fit into any of those options. I would really appreciate the 'workout' option to be returned!

I currently log as 'weights', check the stats, delete, and re-add as the exercise it should be. Very inconvienent.

Or, you could add an 'edit' feature after the exercise has been logged, so I can change the 'weights' to 'fitness class' later.

Seanwww
Recovery Runner

@harrymclean wrote:
Be able to select single exercises like pushup, and pull-ups and create a custom workout.

I agree it would be great to add a custom workout sometimes I do rope, speed bad, heavy bag and battle rope and Id love to be able to add them as a custom workout

Andrea_Malone28
Recovery Runner

Love it - custom workouts would be great as they exercises listed don't always fit what I'm doing and I'd like to log the various classes I do. 

Trackingtom
First Steps

I have a Microsoft Band 2 and can fully customise a workout that is set for my from my trainer.

I figured that I would replace the Band with a fitbit one, but seeing there is no way to do the above, I can't purchase a Fitbit. . . That sux. I figured this was a no-brainer.

ISW
First Steps

Equinox gym provides calories burned for every class they offer based on the individuals statistics and whether they note that they worked out "light", "medium" or "hard."  If Fitbit would link with the Equinox app, you could get classes not on the Fitbit list into the exercise log with accurate calorie counts.

sushimonster
First Steps

Yes please

mlindgren
Runner

This would be great for the "Coach" app on the Ionic.

Dan89blaa
Jogger

Hi there, 

I own an Ionic and I was thinking an awesome app to have would be a Gym app.

Nothing fancy like tracking reps or pictures / videos of workouts. 

Just an app that you can create custom workouts with the ability to enter the number of reps and sets for each workout. Basically just text that displays the workout you are currently doing, reps and set you are on. Then when you are finished the last set, you tap an arrow to go to the next workout. 

Maybe as an added bonus have the ability to set up a timer for rest between sets and exercises and have it vibrate when you need to go onto the next set or exercise. 

I currently use an app on my Android phone called "Gym Workout tracker & trainer" by fitness22

This is a great app and currently does everything I described in my suggestion.

The thing is I bought this watch so I could exercise and train without having to have my phone on me. The internal storage for music is a big step in this direction. Just need an integrated gym app and that would definetly make me alot happier with my purchase. I think you'd make alot more sales too 😉 

imidaho
First Steps

I would love to integrate my own custom running intervals into my fitbit, and then eventually other forms of interval training, whether on a bike or on running shoes.  Additionally, I've been using the 7 minute workout feature and enjoy it, but i'm getting close to the point where I'd like to create my own bodyweight exercise routines.  For me, I'd rather not do that through the phones'  fitbit coach (ne fitstar) app.  the vibrating prompt on my wrist is what I'm after, and it is making me look a lot harder at garmin products for when the time comes for me to graduate from my current routines.  I think Fitbit's software UI is better overall, but I think there are people like me that will or intend to become more advanced in their workouts than what I can get loaded onto my blaze.  
Things I'd LOVE to create myself and load onto my watch:
interval training routines
custom warm-up routines (stretches with timers)

custom body weight exercise routines (a la the 7 minute workout available on the blaze)

custom weightlifting routines with prompts
Thanks!!

IamDefiler
Runner

This ^! The Microsoft Band 2 had this feature. You could create your own workouts online then download them to the Band. You could have warmup and cool down sections with rest times, exercises, etc. Garmin also has this feature on some of their devices. This would be the "killer app" for the Ionic.

IamDefiler
Runner

Not taking over this thread but here is a link to more votes. Might help to combine the votes for higher ranking.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Custom-workouts/idc-p/1571469#M80229

IamDefiler
Runner

This ^! The Microsoft Band 2 had this feature. You could create your own workouts online then download them to the Band. You could have warmup and cool down sections with rest times, exercises, etc. Garmin also has this feature on some of their devices. This would be the "killer app" for the Ionic.

carrigfam
Jogger

I will like to see a app for find my phone as I lose mine all the time lol, and that it tell me who is calling on the phone when they are calling as sometime it tells me after I am already talking to the person.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

Ashleynicole91
First Steps

We should be able to switch out individual exercises in your workouts. Or make a totally customized workout from a list of exercises that are availible. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

tcbunnie
Jogger

@Julie.Wolfewrote:

Would love to see something similar to the Gym Boss timer, where you can basically design your own works by entering the interval times, number of rounds, breaks/rests, and the exercise name. They even allow you to personalize the colors used, so you can color-code things (legs, abs, rests, etc).

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!
I have noticed that others have started a similar request, can we integrate to get this higher in ranking?  This would help a very large community of people who DON"T want to bring a phone or piece of paper to the gym, park etc!!

Nothing fancy just a list we can follow. 

We also have a developer community for the IONIC and VERSA how do request one of our community members if they are willing to do this? 🙂

Julie.Wolfe
First Steps
I'd love to be able to combine efforts/votes with other people requesting
the same thing in order to have a higher ranking...unfortunately, I have no
idea how I might go about doing that! If you happen to know, I'm all ears!
PNLDesign
Recovery Runner

There is some thing called Tabata Timer for Ionic and Versa. Currently it just times a repeating series of workouts, but could be extended with other options. Just try it and leave comments for improvement (or new app)?

Andreadc
First Steps

Yes!! I recently tore my ACL and my recovery is 12 months before I can get back in to sport. In the meantime I have a strict gym routine to help me build strength back and prevent re-injury. I carry around a piece of paper with hand written notes (e.g. 2x10 squats with 5kg weights) which change as I progress. I'd love to use a feature on my Fitbit Versa where I can write up my own workout routine and save the specifications (weights, number of sets). A big component of recovery for many injuries is psychological. To have this feature would greatly help in tracking against goals and feeling like the strengthing were doing is 'real exercise'. We all go through it at some stage in our lives!

JayJay_de
Base Runner

Yes please!! 🙂

Please add the possibility to create Gym Workouts, download them to the Watch and start, stop, confirm processed exercises etc.

I own such a App (Gymaholic ... a great app) on my phone and asked the developer to create a FitbitOS app to show the sets on the Watch. But I don't think that he will do development in addition to his iOS and WatchOS Apps  now for Fitbit - based on just one user who asked for it. 😕

JayJay_de
Base Runner

Hello,

please enrich the Ionic (FitbitOS and Versa) with more Gym oriented features.

E.g. It would be a big goal to plan a Gym workout with sets etc. and just start it from the Watch ... or to see which exercises need to be completed .. incl. weights and reps.

This dont need to be a Fitbit own app ...also a partnership with one of the several other services and the integration would be possible.

thanks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.