Have bedtime reminder sent to tracker/watch as well as push notification on phone

Can we have the bedtime reminder sent as a vibrating and visual notification on Fit Bit Alta as well.  It is only sent to phone as a push notification now.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

20 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Love that you now give notification on when to sleep as well when to wake up. However, the notifications coming into the phone and not your fitbit didn't help. I don't always have my phone handy. A little notice on the wrist with a single vibration would be more useful please! 😊

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

rem810926
Runner

I agree...there should be a little vibration when it is time to wind down for the night.

Mousey
First Steps

Hello all,

Sorry if this suggestion has already been suggested but I couldn't find it anywhere... I have a Flex and I love my little flex but I also want something more like a Alta or charge HR... the only reason stopping me from buying them is the sleep feature...

I like it when I can turn on and turn off my sleep mode on my flex but I can see (from speaking to sales support online) that on the Alta/Charge model I don't have that option because it is automatic, I'm not sure about other people but I don't like the sound of the automatic sleep mode and would much perfer to activate / deactive the sleep mode myself.

Anyways so my suggestion in a nut shell is to add a feature so people can activate/deactive their sleep mode manually rather than it being automatic - maybe as a setting so people can pick manual or automatic? 

Thanks for reading,

JennyJenn
Base Runner

Yes, I love this idea. The Charge HR, for instance, has the ability to state a message. A little vibration with a message like, "Almost time for bed" or even "Bed soon" would be really helpful. But the message should have to be acknowledged. Like the alarm that you have to press the button to stop it - otherwise, I know I'd miss the message becuase I wouldn't look in time!

mydonspace
Recovery Runner

I've set up a sleep notifcation on the Fitbit App to remind me to go sleep.  I get the reminders through the app, but it would be nice to have the notification come through my tracker since I don't always have my phone near me when the notification goes off. 

Punkprincess
First Steps
I love being able to set my sleep schedule and I live the 30min warning alert. I only wish that we could receive this alert on the fitbit like the move reminders. (I have the Alta)
Pauli27
Jogger

Automatically set up a silent alarm with the word "bedtime" or "zzz" symbols when tracking sleep goals. The Fitbit app already sends a push notification as a reminder but an alarm would be much more effective, especially for when one is away from the phone. 

RobynWilcox
First Steps

Totally agree.  Seems crazy that the thing I'm WEARING isn't where you send the message to remind me to go to bed.  Why would I want that sent to my phone??

NancyPat
Runner

I agree! Although I'm an adult, I sometimes get totally engrossed in reading a book and forget to look at a clock. Its also helpful to have a silent alarm to remind myself to exit from social events so I can get to bed on time and carry through with my intentions to make healthy choices! Yes, you might say, you could set alarms on your cell phone to do the same thing... but my cell phone is usually in a purse, not on my person like FitBit is always!  Love you guys at FitBit. You're making healthy choices easier! Smiley Happy

UNTBJH
Jogger

I agree that an email notification is next to useless. If I am looking at my email, I know what time it is. I need the reminder if I am engrossed in reading or otherwise unaware of the time. A vibrating alarm from Fitbit itself would work wonderfully.

desikitteh
Jogger

The only issue i can see with this is light and vibration if you've already gone to be could then wake you up. it would need to know not to send when it's already sensed sleep.

thefunwarden
First Steps

I find this strange as well just got my Charge 2 today set up my bedtime reminder and it wasn't until an hour after the reminder that I thought oh my band hasn't alerted me, so got my phone low and be hold a notification on my phone. 

Ive come over from having a jawbone up3 and they could do it no problem and if I was already asleep it would know not to remind me so I find it difficult to believe it can not be done on the charge 2

Tightropewalker
First Steps

I use my iPad to do this. I'm usually on the couch watching tv and it plays a short alarm and tells me it's time for bed. Or you could get one of those new Alexa devices.

your fit bit is for tracking movement.

wain
First Steps

I receive the push notifications from the app at the pre-set bedtime. But I think the tracker should also have a vibration reminder to remind me it's time for bed, cause my phone is not always beside me.

I am a new user of fitbit. Currently using Fitbit Charge 2.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, I think getting the bedtime reminder like we get the reminders to move would be an awesome addition. Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to keep hearing what others think?

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Phillinho
First Steps

A pre-set alarm you set in the Fitbit app that is similar to a silent alarm to tell you to get ready and when you need to go to bed.

thefunwarden
First Steps
The issue with the pre-set alarm is it will wake you if you are asleep or
not and potentially wake you. What I would suggest is a remainder alarm
that if it detects your asleep then it wouldn't go which is possible as
they have it on the jawbone up.
Hapicat
Keeping Pace

Definitely want this for my watch. Part of the end of my day is to move away from heavy phone use so a reminder visible on my watch/tracker would be awesome as part of my bedtime routine. 

Status changed to: Existing Feature
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @den110.

At the moment this feature already exists. This can be done with the Fitbit Alta HR and Fitbit Charge 2. With smartwatches Fitbit Versa and Ionic, if you go to 'notifications' in your settings and set your watch to receive notifications from the Fitbit app, then the push notification bedtime reminder will be pushed from your phone to the device. You can read this help article to get instructions on how to do it.

Thanks for posting on the Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.