Have sleep analysis on a separate Premium Sleep Module

I love the detailed sleep analysis in the Premium feature and I only ever use that portion. Please Consider having a Separate Premium Sleep Module At a lower subscription rate.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Hewyk, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a separate Premium Sleep Module on the Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

pcorp1
Recovery Runner

I agree! Fitbit please have a separate subscription for Sleep!

yeg_bob
Jogger

I just made this suggestion to Premium support ... even the agent thought it would be valuable.

Actually, my suggestion is slightly different but the effect is the same.  I was suggesting having the ability to have sleep (or a variety of single modules) available as a "Premium Lite".  Then as people start using premium and get used to it, they may get drawn towards other aspects of premium and want to upgrade to full premium.

So for me and the others on this post, it would be the sleep module, but for someone they may want to track just their steps ... and then their calories ... and then you've got them.

nmarina
Jogger

The sleep functionality is the best part of fitbit.  It is something more people would pay for if it was more affordable.  The price for premium includes activities that can be obtained anywhere, but the sleep functionality is unique.  I believe it would bring more fitbit users to use this premium functionality if it was separate.

mikeyt1818
Runner

I would gladly pay a "Premium Lite" fee of $4.95 per month or a discounted annual fee of $49.95 to have all sleep analyses available to me. As someone who suffers from sleep apnea this would be wonderful. My wife said she would pay it in an instant by the way. 

yeg_bob
Jogger

That's exactly the kind of price I was thinking of mikey1818 ... about $5/month or $50/year.  It's not a huge discount from $6.67 that the annual membership is but it's a psychological thing ... that people will feel like their getting a deal that they feel better about.  I have 3 different sleep disorders (one of which is Sleep Apnea) ... so I would definitely pay $5/month ... but I just can't bring myself to pay for full premium when I know I'm not going to be using it (at least not any time in the near future!)

ItsMikeE
Recovery Runner

$5 is a bit steep, but the idea of premium sleep is good

mikeyt1818
Runner

Any discount would make it worthwhile for those of us that do not use all of the premium services. Let's hope it is taken under consideration and possibly announced as our devices start getting shipped out in 3 weeks. 

SleepyMare
Recovery Runner
Introduce a reduced subscription which ONLY shows ALL sleep statistics not just sleep score. So, we do not have to pay the cost of a new device (£80) when sleep is the only premium feature we are interested in or use.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SleepyMare, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to have sleep analysis on a separate Premium Sleep Module. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.