Heart Rate measured by intervals

Hello guys,

Nowadays I'm wearing a Fitbit Charge HR and a Xiaomi Mi Band 1s (both have similar specifications). However there is one feature (about heart rate) that I like so much in Xiaomi but is missed in Fitbit.

On Xiaomi Mi Band 1s you can select and interval to monitor your heart rate, instead of a constant monitoring. For instance, you can set an interval of 5 minutes and your band measures your heart rate every 5 minutes. This is a good way in order to save battery, as you know the heart rate feature consumes a lot of battery.

My question is, would be possible to include this feature in the current "Heart Rate" Fitbit options? I mean some feature to specify an interval in order to measure your heart rate.

Current "Heart Rate" options are "Enabled, Disabled or Automatic". What I would like to see is an extra option like "Interval" to specify an interval (in minutes).

I'm sure this will almost double battery life and moreover you will get relevant data about your heart rate.

What do you think?

Regards!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
HeydyF
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there! I think this is a great idea, because it'll help to get heart rate data according to an specific period of time and that is very helpful especially if you are doing certain type of exercise or activity. 

Any other ideas or requests you  might have, feel free to share them or vote for them in case they have already been posted in this board. Thanks!

Karimer
First Steps
It's more possible in a software patch (with menu option in Fitbit app).
Very good idea.
Kambanka
Jogger

I also would really like to sacrifice hear rate resolution for battery life. Especially during a normal day (sitting, walking), I do not for sure need constant heart rate measurement. So, why not do the following easy steps:

- Keep the current modes: Always ON; OFF ; Automatic (should be renamed to something more explanatory like "Auto ON/OFF")

New mode: Smart mode - here the tracker would measure heart rate, say, every 2, 5 or 10 minutes for a minute (for better accuracy). Additionally:

• if a rapid change in pace is detected (+/- 10%, for instance, for more than 10-20 seconds), the tracker would trigger measurement
  • for manually started or deduced activities, heart measurement is always on
  • if during triggered or interval measurement HR is in "Fat burn", start measuring every other minute
  • if HR is in Cardio / Max zone, measure constantly

Alternatively, you could add options so that we can manually set the measurement interval for each Heart rate zone; and also add separate options as already suggested for "Measure every X seconds/minutes" and "Measure on detected activity/rest".

For you (Fitbit), the added options and longer battery life would for sure be a selling point agains the competition 🙂 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
SoX1300
First Steps
when i'm working out = and do a more strenuous exercise, i can tell that my heart rate indicator is NOT LIVE - and sort of catching up. i believe it is showing an average over a recent time period - ex: 1 minute

it would be nice to have the option of different recent time intervals - ex: LIVE - 15 seconds - 30 seconds etc.
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SoX1300, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about having an option to change heart rate intervals, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.