Horizontal Inspire series clock faces

I just had to update my Fitbit because the display got super glitchy.  I updated to the Inspire HR from the Alta HR.  I was very disappointed to see I can no longer have a "sideways" clock face on my device. I have grown used to this in the past few years wearing my Alta, and am unclear why this would no longer be supported.  Please update to include this option!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

71 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @epichick.

thanks for sharing that suggestion. I could definitely see how other users would appreciate a horizontal clock face.

Let's see what other users have to say about this idea.

bgeli1964
Jogger

A horizontal clock face would definitely be a MUST.  I may even return as the ALTA has a better viewing experience.  Please update soon.  🙂

TrackerKim
First Steps

Yes I would love a horizontal face like my Alta.  Am considering returning the Inspire.

RobynMe
Jogger

My Alta HR drowned after 2 years - just got my Inspire HR. VERY disappointed there is no choice for horizontal clock face, and no Day / Date option on ANY face on my Inspire HR! 

To have a horizontal read I have  to accept a goofy animal face? What is with that?

If it must be Vertical then give me with digital time, day and date - no face.

But I would prefer the horizontal option my Alta HR had with digital time, day and date.  PLEASE!

RobynMe
Jogger

I am not happy with no Horizontal digital time, day, date read out on my Inspire HR.  If this is not an option, I will likely return it for another Alta HR.

toween
First Steps

I really like the Alta HR and was going to upgrade to the Inspire but I want to have horizonal AND vertical options on the watch face. I want to be able to have the big numbers like on the Alta so I will not be switching. When will you have the vertical and horizonal watch on one so small as the Inspire?

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @toween, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding Inspire clock faces with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

toween
First Steps
Make horizonal and vertical clock faces on the Inspire and Inspire HR
lakMA
First Steps

So disappointed to lose horizontal clock face... i have dyslexia and find current options VERY hard to read

Jones914
Jogger

Yes! Larger font size and or horizontal display would make the Inspire more usable to many

RobynMe
Jogger

You moved my comments about Inspire's horizontal clock face and font size here and reminded me to Vote.

Since you did that the comments I see in my emails have not allowed for voting here on the web browser. And yes, I am logged in! My photo is visible at the top. I want to vote! It workwd qhen my comment was in the other location.

I want to vote with everyone requesting these improvements. I have seen a dozen messages in the last couole of weeks. Don't you have enough votes already? C'mon and fix these things!!

Frefly
Stepping Up

I want to vote for a horizontal face. Wish I could go back to alts with more choices.

Frefly
Stepping Up

I agree with you.

KellyandPeanut
Base Runner

I want horizontal faces and more with the date. What adult wants animal faces instead?

rgmjr
First Steps

I need clock face fonts I can read. The Inspire HR fonts are simply too small. I don't care how. Horizontal, vertical, whatever. But we NEED larger fonts.

Jones914
Jogger

We have been commenting on this issue since February!! Please give us a horizontal option and or larger fonts!  Who needs the ridiculous animal faces.  Make it similar to the Alta.  A lot of people are considering going back to the Alta.

leblancva
First Steps

Me and my wife both have the Fitbit Inspire. We love it. One suggestion. It would be nice if there was a clock face that is perpendicular instead of parallel to the arm.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @leblancva!  That’s an interesting idea, thanks for sharing why you would like to have an option to us horizontal clock faces on your Inspire. I've moved it into a similar suggestion, as the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

kmt
Recovery Runner

Another new Inspire user coming from an Alta disappointed in the display. I much prefer the choices on the Alta I had. Also irritated that all the individual stats have a huge useless icon taking up most of the space while the actual number I'm interested in is teeeeeeny tiny. I've had two prior fitbits (One and Alta) where the icons where reasonably sized, why did they cartoonishly large on Inspire? Also having a teeny tiny number that then SCROLLS left off the screen (as it does for resting heart rate) makes it even harder to read. The icon which is taking up 80% of the display should be able to tell me it's the resting rate, I shouldn't need the moving text to indicate it's the resting rate.

Geus
Jogger

Wish the Inspire allowed you to switch the clock face to landscape like the Alta did. It is hard to read in portrait

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Geus! Thanks for sharing this great idea about having horizontal clock faces for the Inspire. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Don’t forget to post a comment and click on the thumbs-up to show your support!

billiardpoe
First Steps

I too came from an Alta HR and am disappointed with the vertical only display.  Although it is a more comfortable fit on my wrist than the Alta, I cannot read it without my reading glasses.  Highly inconvenient.  I'm thinking about just returning it and going back to my Alta.  Seems like it would be a really easy fix from the Fitbit side though.  If something is done quickly, I'd really love to keep my Inspire instead!

bware752
Recovery Runner

I was planning on purchasing the Fitbit Inspire HR. However I noticed that it does not have a horizontal time, day and date. I won’t buy the Inspire now. I’ll keep my Alta. 

Wallburner
First Steps

I agree. I am going to return the inspire because it doesn't have a horizontal clock face. Why this has to have a commentary?Just code it and send an update. Pretty easy. I'm sure there are many many of us out there who feel this way but rather than take the time to comment, either don't buy it or just return it.

vduckery
First Steps

I would also like to see a horizontal Clock face on the Inspire HR.  My Alta recently died and I "upgraded" to he Inspire HR.  Had I known that there was only a vertical clock face, I wouldn't have purchased it.  I would have chosen something else entirely.  I already didn't like the buckle closure but I bit the bullet and got it anyway. I also don't like the 0 in front of the single digit for the time.  And the steps which are most important are TINY!!!!! WHY?!!  This is definitely not a better product so far. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.