Horizontal screen view for Luxe

Please make horizontal screen view an option. The letters are too small on vertical for me to read, and I never had this issue with my Alta HR. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

12 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Abuelitita, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a horizontal view for Luxe with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

4BethFL
First Steps

I’m disappointed that Luxe display is so focused on the clock rather than stats. Pretty, yes, but it’s impossible when I’m exercising to read stats without reading glasses on- useless during workouts. This was hopefully an upgrade from my Alta HR but that model is more functional in that respect, even the way it scrolled texts across the screen was more useful. I hope horizontal/ larger font displays will be offered to improve this problem because at this point I’m thinking I may just stick with my Alta HR. 

pjvan
Recovery Runner

Ridiculously large clock, Ridiculously tiny stat fonts.   We buy these watches for the stats not the time.  It's hard to comprehend the designers could be so oblivious to just who their customers are.  I'm returning this Luxe unless you enlarge the stat fonts.

DogSportsSenior
First Steps

I’d love to review my stats on my large iPad rather than my small phone. Please modify the software to support horizontal or panoramic view.

Megseels
Recovery Runner

I miss the Alta horizontal face so much. Was hoping it would see a return on the Luxe. I'd go back to the Alta if I could

Friends73
First Steps

Would like to have option of horizontal display, even if just for the time.

doxiegrl
Jogger

Please give us a horizontal time display on the Luxe!

MrsBeastman
First Steps

Yes please! I agree with all of the above.  I wear my Fitbit for the stats; not the time. Santa brought me the Luxe as an upgrade for my Alta, but these aging eyes can’t see the stats because they are so tiny. I would love a horizontal display, or even a display more focused on my steps

Olleypeepee
Recovery Runner

As long as its an option in the menu.

I reckon having the stats on individual screens by themselves would also be a great asset. Tap once you have the clock, tap again you have HR on a screen by itself, tap again you have steps on a screen by itself, etc but large enough to see it. 

I too am very disappointed with the luxe.

The cheap $16 device i got my son from china 3 years ago (yes it still works) is better than the luxe and so much clearer to read. His device is the same size. However it uses the FULL screen face (from top to bottom near the edges of the device) not just a box in the middle, and each tap shows the stats on a screen of its own and BIG enough to see and read while working out. I feel i have been ripped off with the luxe compared to his device. I now wish i got myself what i got him. 

Meh123
First Steps

I agree with all theses comments requesting a horizontal clock face option and especially having a separate readable screen for each stat like the alta hr has. These slimmer trackers really need a horizontal option. How hard can it be to program this in. Remove a little used option if you need to. This has been suggested many many times over the years. What are you waiting for? 

Letecia
First Steps

I did not see anywhere in the literature that I would not be able to change the orientation to a horizontal view.  The vertical design is impractical with the large size date and time, but the status is tiny and barely readable, which means non-functional to monitor anything without accessing the phone or computer application.

It is impractical to have to access the app when I am exercising to check my stats.

I just switched from the HR which has the horizontal view.  I am really disappointed with the Luxe vertical view.

If you are not going to change the orientation, would you consider dropping the time after the first tap on the screen.  The second tap without the time only the stats visible on the screen with each tap?  I just want to be able to read the information on the Luxe not have to open the app on my phone.

Thank you in advance.

Bball1
First Steps

Any update on the horizontal display. It seems like a no brainer yet wasn’t an option. I just got my luxe and was disappointed to find it not an option. It may be going back. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.