Improve irregular heart beat detection

Allow patients to submit ECG recordings for improving the irregular heart beat detection, and give us an overview of what type of irregularities are already detected. These frequently occurring irregularities are not detected: PVC, PAC
5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SpO2, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about improving irregular heart beat detection on Fitbit Sense. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SpO2
Recovery Runner

Here's an example for PVC's:

fitbit 2-vpb.png

suzyqqq27
Jogger

From someone who experiences 2,000 - 8,000 PVCs daily, this is why I bought the Sense over the Versa.  It's disappointing to learn that it can't detect PVCs.  Please consider the OP's suggestions and take their information to build a better product.

I would use it daily.

BitFit03
First Steps

I agree this addition would be a good differentiator for the Fitbit product line, putting them ahead of Apple, Samsung in this area.  As an investor I would support this.

Desert-er
Stepping Up

I have been using a KardiaMobile device  for years now. It can take beautiful medical grade ECGs. However, I don't have it with me all the time when needed. The main reason I got the Sense was because of the ECG app. 

KardiaMobile has recently added PVC (and other irregularities) detection, so it is certainly doable.

Another advantage of KardiaMobile is that the user can set the duration of the ECG, it is not limited to 30s. It is useful if you want to see PVC patterns as the original poster described. 

It would be also useful if the app could store the ECG data and they could be called up for review without having to save them as pdf.

And please, do not cover up the ECG graph with the countdown numbers! It would be even better if the phone could show the ECG in real time as it is being recorded. Thank you!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.