Improve return or replacement policy to be faster (w/code to exchange at any shop)

Replace the long and tedious process for replacing faulty devices with an over the counter exchange.
Where Fitbit sends the user an authorization code for an exchange at any shop that sells their devices.The shop would be responsible for the return of the device and would receive an free device from Fitbit.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

7 Comments
VSmalls
Jogger

This is spot on and a very important feature when you are dealing with retail distribution. I presume Fitbit (and now with Google) already has provisions for inventory returns at each of its distribution or retail outlets. thanks for putting this down. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Guy_, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about improving return or replacement policy to be faster. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

VSmalls
Jogger

Hi Yojana - I wanted to see if you have any options for my case. I got a fitbit versa 3 as a gift from my brother in the UK. On the second day the Fitbit started power cycling and has since been stuck in a boot loop. None of the hold for 15 seconds tricks have worked. Returning it back to the UK is going to be extremely challenging ... how can I go about this? It was my 40th birthday gift and now i am stuck with a broken watch .. it sucks. 

anglmhlr
Recovery Runner

Fitbit returns and warranty replacements used to be great, I have been wearing a fitbit for 11 years!  Recently however,  I waited 2 months for the problem to be resolved.    I am just hoping that my problem is now resolved,  Ill find out this week if the new fitbit finally comes.

Iain_L
Recovery Runner

An excellent suggestion. Speaking as someone who has had a Sense on my wrist for 6 weeks, and replacements shipping to and from Germany for 8 weeks I find the whole experience extremely frustrating. This latest time nearly 48 hours after the replacement process started and I have yet to receive a shipping label e-mail.

it would be great to pop into my local stockist and replace it. Would be even better to have a better product in the first place.

HaughtDD
Jogger

I'm really surprised that Fitbit doesn't use cross shipment, an RMA method in place since the 80s, and for much less avid users than the committed user base they have. They ship a replacement for PROVEN defective, with a return label, the TRUSTED customer then returns the defective unit!  To not do this fells like lack of trust and a bit tone deaf to your (in a great way) health addicted customers!

If I didn't have an old inspire I'd be ready to switch from Fitbit entirely over the delay to repair my charge 5. I'm shocked they'd let me be down for what seems like will be 2 weeks!  Not even for premium members??? Will I get a credit to my premium time period? I doubt it.

Committed customers... Not matched by committed service.  Very sad indeed.  Please change your service policy to match the best in class product you've created!

Matt

KevinPatton
Jogger

I'm not able to return or receive credit for my Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch. I just can't find my receipt and when I purchased it. When this smartwatch was purchased, I believe it isn't associated with any Fitbit Account.  I agree Fitbit needs to send the user an authorization code or a way to exchange at any shop that sells their devices.  I may have purchased, or received this Fitbit as a Christmas present, but I can't seem to find a receipt how can a receipt or order be recovered?  Of course, everything has to be tracked, can a user/customer provide a serial number of the Smart Watch to figure out when it was purchased?  Can Fitbit Smartwatches and other devices be treated like a Apple Smartwatch and their return process? There are several different ways that Fitbit can change this return process to make it easier for users/customers to recycle their obsolete devices.  

I would have like to reply to the moderator's reply but couldn't at this link: Re: Return Policy - Fitbit Community

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.