Include Active Zone Minutes/Active Minutes in the app for all devices

The latest research indicates this is a better measure than Active Minutes alone. I understand it can't be added to old devices, but it should be possible to calculate and show in the app in a chart.

Since Google Fit is free and has this information (Heart Points), excluding it doesn't differentiate devices, but just makes people check the Google app

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Josephgal, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to see Active Zone Minutes in the app for all devices. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

jcwillia1
Base Runner

Fitbit already said they would bring this to other devices when it launched - what's the hold up?

dwilson1.6180
First Steps
On my Charge3 I can see the active zone minutes for any activity. Please add some sort of graph and goal setting for the active zone minutes over time, as the data is there, just not reported.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @dwilson1.6180, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Active Zone Minutes on Charge 3. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Mogadishu
Jogger

I love the feature of Active Zone Minutes on my Ionic!   My son uses a Charge 3 and wants it too! 

Please make it available to Charge 3!

The heart rate and active time is already captured by the Charge 3!   It is just a matter of allowing the calculation of Active Zone Minutes to be displayed on the app!

Shahin1974
First Steps

Please activate AZM in Charge 3 devices.  Thank you.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Zone minutes for the charge 3
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to include Active Zone Minutes in the app for Charge 3. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Thurnbyhelen
Recovery Runner

I've requested AZM to be added to the Charge 3 elsewhere.  The charge 3 must collect all the information needed and FitBit are touting this to be a better measure now.   Some press releases say it is being rolled out to the Charge 3 - but FitBit direct seem to imply not.  I feel quite cheated as a charge 3 user if it's technically possible and it's just a choice not to roll it out?? 

Also I've now been asked by a MarreFitBit to add the suggestion here - and yet YojanaFitbit above is asking people to post elsewhere.  It feels like we're running around in circles?

Lengirl
First Steps

Please add active zone minutes to Charge 3. My Charge 3 still works fine and I do not want to replace it just for the AZM feature.  

Any update if this is being considered or when it will be added?

MJ_C
Jogger
The technology in the charge 3 makes it completely capable of switching from active minutes to the more intuitive active zone minutes. FitBit stated that the feature would be coming to versa and ionic families but nothing about the charge 3. This feature could be updated for the charge 3 as it would really benefit myself and my lifestyle and other
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MJ_C, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to include Active Zone Minutes in the app for all devices. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

asiayeah
Pace Setter

It is rather confusing for users to distinguish between active minutes vs active zone minutes. Even more confusing, active zone minutes is still not available for Charge 3. Can fitbit add this greatly advertised feature to all current active devices?

Oyo1516
Stepping Up
Chart for active minutes similar to steps chart. My med insurance provider adviser requests to know my active minutes over any specified period of time and cumulative. Exactly the same format as the step count chart. It makes sense and it should be easy since you already have the software for the steps feature.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Oyo1516, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to see a chart with Active Minutes on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.