Windows 10 Fitbit App must match the phone App platform

Hello!! 

The Fitbit App platform on windows 10 does not match that of the phone app. This is rather unfortunate! Because on the phone app, on the discover click, we have access not only to challenges but also to guided programs, exercises, meditations... On the desktop app, this is not available (only challenges are, and direct access to use the Fitbit coach app).

Premium subscriptions, having access to many options, are what we love about Fitbit, to not have that is a plain disappointment. 😕

Working out using the phone is relatively annoying due to a small screen, so if we can do this using our laptop that would be great! 

Moderator edit: Format and label

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AndreaKhoury1, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about modify the Fitbit App platform on Windows 10  to match the Fitbit app on the phone. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

ellans
Jogger

@AndreaKhoury1 ,I agree completely with your comments about having to use a small screen to access FitBit Premium. There is a sizeable demographic of the population  who prefer their larger screens because of sight issues, hand dexterity or other accessibility issues.

elevtechlift
Jogger

I agree! Also, some Fitbit Pay features such as Taiwan's iPASS are only available on the phone app. This isn't fair for users who only have a compatible Windows PC yet not the latest smartphone.

wdadli1
Recovery Runner

This only makes good sense, and I agree the Windows 10 app should match the phone app.

The_Mr
Jogger

Yes, please make the windows 10 app update to match the rest of the platforms. That included Windows 10 Mobile. Also while you are at it, please add Dark mode. It is waaaaaaay to bright! Especially for epileptics like me.

slimscraggle
Stepping Up
All data should be available on both the Web Dashboard and the Windows 10 App e.g. HRV, SPO2, Skin Temperature -- all data.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @slimscraggle, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see same feature on all platforms. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

reggie55
First Steps

HERE HEAR!!!!  please make premium available in the windows app and please spruce up the computer app in general! 

reggie55
First Steps

HR is turned on on the fitbit but the app states to turn on HR for cardiovascular reports!

erikalyn
Recovery Runner

I agree, it is very frustrating that I can't access my sleep score, sleep insights, or sign up for premium features on the Windows 10 app. Your product marketing says that is compatible with Windows 10 devices without making clear that Windows users have limited access to features, so I feel misled and disappointed by my Fitbit experience. It's also an accessibility issue since some users need to use a large screen or keyboard rather than a small touchscreen device due to physical limitations. Since this isn't a request for a new feature, but rather for the services you already offer and advertise to be available to all users, I hope Fitbit puts a priority on addressing this.

davinus
First Steps

in addition to missing features such as the sleep score, the Win10 app is also syncing the data for active zone minutes wrong. makes me wonder what other data is out of sync. 
in light of this, i echo the request that the Win10 app should be the same as what we see on the webapp and also our phone. I am an iOS user. 

cheers,

BelnapDave
First Steps

There are a few similar requests that have the "Not Currently Planned" label. A great example is https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Fitbit-Premium-available-on-desktop-or-laptop-no... Similar threads as recently as 9/13/21 have been added to that thread and promptly ignored by Fitbit. That thread has been locked so no more comments may be added to it. If you want customers to actually use the Premium videos apps, allow us the option to actually see the videos on screens we can easily see while doing a workout. Whether that means fixing the Windows 10 app so I can then use an HDMI cable to show the videos on a larger screen or allowing the mobile app to be cast is up to you. Even with all the funds I have sunk into two Fitbit devices and two premium accounts, I will be looking for more cost-effective alternatives.

slimscraggle
Stepping Up

Well, it's been over a year since I posted my request, which has apparently been truncated as even @YojanaFitbit noted that I explained why the phone app was insufficient (due to all the terrible ergonomics of phones and the poor visibility), and there appears to be zero progress. This is very disappointing. The usefulness of the FitBit is dramatically hampered by this glaring flaw. This easy would be easy to fix, and given the high cost of the device and the subscription for the premium service it isn't very much to ask.

davinus
First Steps
I agree with you. Disappointing. Moving away from Fitbit when my current
one dies.
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.