Include custom Challenges

I think it would be great if users could create custom adventures, maybe use GPS data to verify the locations of photos. Custom adventures could be private, friends only, or shareable, and popular adventures could be reviewed and added to the offered adventure list.

It would also be great if users could create custom challenges, for those of us who don't have steps as their main goal (sleep/distance/etc). 

I'd also like to see an easier way of incorporating adventure races and challenges into groups, so that everyone in a group can participate. Group admins could have a setting to control whether anyone can challenge the group or only admins. And as a side note, when are custom groups going to be added to the app?! It's impossible to make a public group available on the app, which is extremely limiting.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FinWolff, thanks for sharing your idea. I think that having this integration can be really helpful for users that have groups. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

PratikssaSingh
Stepping Up

This will be very very helpful! There are no solo adventures in India or Mumbai. Would really like to have this feature added

cashton
First Steps

I would LOVE this!

I would love to be able to create a custom race of some of the fun trails near me.

@FinWolff wrote:

I think it would be great if users could create custom adventures, maybe use GPS data to verify the locations of photos. Custom adventures could be private, friends only, or shareable, and popular adventures could be reviewed and added to the offered adventure list.

It would also be great if users could create custom challenges, for those of us who don't have steps as their main goal (sleep/distance/etc). 

I'd also like to see an easier way of incorporating adventure races and challenges into groups, so that everyone in a group can participate. Group admins could have a setting to control whether anyone can challenge the group or only admins. And as a side note, when are custom groups going to be added to the app?! It's impossible to make a public group available on the app, which is extremely limiting.

albon
Jogger

I have just completed the 3 solo adventures in the Yosemite national

park presuming that would then unlock further adventures but nothing there! Having looked at the forum it seems this has been on the “to be developed” list for years now, please can you tell me what’s happening?

thanks 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @albon! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

RobHL
First Steps

Hi, me and my friends engage in work week challenges each week, but it’s gettinf boring just measuring steps. 

It it would be great if we could choose what we were measuring each week (e.g: cardio minutes, calories burned, peak minutes, running distance or times) 

I feel this would be a simple update and we keep motivation longer

TreforS
Jogger

Edited due to being posted in wrong thread pls delete comment. 

Status changed to: Released (Premium)
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion will be released on Fitbit Premium, our new health and fitness subscription service.

@FinWolff, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! We have also given you access to Fitbit Premium so that you can explore and enjoy your suggestion.

Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service

PratikssaSingh
Stepping Up

What do the commenters get for free? 😋

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.